Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Believe in God, you will be saved

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
"Saying trust Jesus, does that make people receive the testimony of Christ"

Of course No one said that is all in How one makes a disciple, I can't say everything I do not mean all the time...🌝

Saying trust Jesus...left alone would not mean anything to one that has never heard...But these people had more than that...miracles were voiced abroad, baptism of John was preached....etc..

But my original point is there is more to the Gospel..it was who one had to receive forgiveness from. Therefore if we state some of the Gospel then we get limited understanding. For example; saying Jesus merely died, and rose etc...for sin..transfers over to some, that Jesus did it all so we do nothing...

But if you hear what was done, as I'm sure they did because news travels...It was not to merely believe what was done, but so they can trust in the one that did it......So that brings the foundation to being Jesus.....and not what He did...even that is equally important too.
But the Foundation in which the church is built is Jesus the Christ......that was my point....

Therefore the Good News.. The kingdom is available to anyone who puts their Trust in Jesus.........For in Him you will find everything you need for this life including forgiveness of sins.

You mention Kingdom, and that is what we are to hear about, the parables of the Kingdom of Heaven, Israel and the world receives these, which describe the righteousness of the Kingdom of Heaven, and for those who do not believe in that righteousness of the Kingdom of Heaven, they turn away.

Look who turns away from hearing righteousness.

It is the leaders sand teachers of Israel, who choose exaltation, pride, popularity, instead of recognising the Messiah came meek, lowly upon a donkey..

Psalm 25:9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Luke 14:7 And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them.
8 When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
9 And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

So, the exalted are not chosen, but the meek are.

You mention Kingdom, and that is what we are to hear about, the parables of the Kingdom of Heaven, Israel and the world receives these, which describe the righteousness of the Kingdom of Heaven, and for those who do not believe in that righteousness of the Kingdom of Heaven, they turn away.

Look who turns away from hearing righteousness.

It is the leaders sand teachers of Israel, who choose exaltation, pride, popularity, instead of recognising the Messiah came meek, lowly upon a donkey..

Psalm 25:9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Luke 14:7 And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them.
8 When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
9 And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

So, the exalted are not chosen, but the meek are.
Thank you..We can't preach the Kingdom without a king....

Hi, not sure what you are talking about...but

👍🌝
We may be dealing with a lot of information lately (months) paralleling the friends erroneous comments in the book of Job.
Where our confidence comes from:
Confession theology (what we say)
Works righteousness (what we do)
God coniousness from birth
Others

It is difficult to see all the errors in Job, but not impossible. If the Holy Spirit does not lead us we may even invent our own error in reading Job.

Our modern day errors have an ancient background. Job's friends do make some simple statements at times. Job's answers direct thoughts.

What did I say or suggest? Read the book of Job.

eddif

We may be dealing with a lot of information lately (months) paralleling the friends erroneous comments in the book of Job.
Where our confidence comes from:
Confession theology (what we say)
Works righteousness (what we do)
God coniousness from birth
Others

It is difficult to see all the errors in Job, but not impossible. If the Holy Spirit does not lead us we may even invent our own error in reading Job.

Our modern day errors have an ancient background. Job's friends do make some simple statements at times. Job's answers direct thoughts.

What did I say or suggest? Read the book of Job.

eddif

One thing is summed up about the book of Job, it is the outcome.

That is the purpose of everything, the end of a thing.

Even Jobs companions were pardoned, because they are quoted to, from the Epistles.

Ecclesiastes 7:2 It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart.

James 5:11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

Who did Peter say that to?
He said it to men who's hearts were pricked at the knowledge of what Jesus accomplished.
them..."What shall we do?"
Peter...Turn from sin and get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your past sins. Do these things and you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38 paraphrased)

Then you might have to show what sin is, that one turns from.
As John said, in 1 John 5:17, "all unrighteousness is sin."
God gave us all a conscience to determine what is unrighteous.
Sin is in the mouth, which is from the pride of the heart of man. That is why by our words we are justified or by our words we are condemned.
Sin originates in the mind, and can be manifested by the mouth, or by other parts of ourselves.
Throwing a stone at someone is done by the hand and arm.
Psalm 59:12 For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they speak.
Matthew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
Amen.
We all know we are to believe in the oath God swore to Abraham, ( Genesis 22:17-18.) because the word that comes from the Lord is trustworthy ( not from pride like man) and believing in God gives glory to Him( disbelieving Him is iniquity/sin)
That is why Israel failed ( through being highminded) and we stand by faith, but not if we also are highminded, but through meekness and fear of the Lord as told.
So true.
We are to do as Jesus did, walk as He walked, speak as He spoke.
Romans 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
Romans 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Anyone assuming they are honest folk, are not following these warnings of the Lord ( they are irrelevant for them as they through being highminded, state they are above the way of humility/ that they are honest and turned away from sin, although sin is unbelief in these testimonies of the Lord.)
We labour then remembering that example of Israels failure ( not fearing and being highminded) to enter into the everlasting rest of the Lord, or we fall after that same example of unbelief/sin.
Yep, good exhortations.
Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Hebrews 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Hebrews 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
Disobeying God is not of faith.
Disobedience manifests a lack of faith.

He said it to men who's hearts were pricked at the knowledge of what Jesus accomplished.
them..."What shall we do?"
Peter...Turn from sin and get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your past sins. Do these things and you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38 paraphrased)
Were they Jews or Gentiles?

Sin originates in the mind, and can be manifested by the mouth, or by other parts of ourselves.

Amen.

So true.

Yep, good exhortations.

God did not give us all a conscience to know what sin is...

Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

Sin came from satan opposing Gods word and bringing that sin then to Adam, that is why all in Adam die ( disbelieving in God) but all in Christ( obedience of the faith of Christ) shall live.

1 Corinthians 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

God gives a conscience when He manifests Himself to us ( to know righteousness) otherswise how can anyone in darkness and blinded see the light ( conscience is when in the light, and not a mind of darkness/defiled which has no conscience or understanding.)

1 John 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

OK, I will guess there should be a space between "up" and "on".
Ergo...read up on justification.

I do know what justification is, and, how to be justified.
well since you have trouble with a few words in the form of a question ! then this one is just for you, ihipe migrimmer is not tibsad and thatsomedayicanlearnto postjistlikeyou. is that enough space ? if not i suggest hooked on phonics :wall :eek2

Amen.

So true.

Yep, good exhortations.

I wrote a new thread on this question just now. "What is sin ?"

Were they Jews or Gentiles?
As it is written..."And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language." (Acts 2:5-6)
They were probably Jewish, but in a "multitude" it is hard to be sure if all of them were Jews.
Some may have been of Asher, Levi, Simon, or other Israelite tribes.
Even Gentile converts from the countries listed in Acts 2:9-11.

(If three Hopis put up a stop sign on reservation territory, do only Hopis have to stop?)

Last edited:
God did not give us all a conscience to know what sin is...
The conscience may determine something is sin even without knowing a law.
Is there a Mosaic Law declaring heroine use is a sin?
But it is a sin.
All men have a conscience...or Rom 2:14-15 makes no sense.
Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
They had a conscience, and offended it.
Sin came from satan opposing Gods word and bringing that sin then to Adam, that is why all in Adam die ( disbelieving in God) but all in Christ( obedience of the faith of Christ) shall live.
1 Corinthians 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
Death came by man.
I don't see sin being mentioned here.
God gives a conscience when He manifests Himself to us ( to know righteousness) otherswise how can anyone in darkness and blinded see the light ( conscience is when in the light, and not a mind of darkness/defiled which has no conscience or understanding.)
Scripture please.
1 John 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
I don't see a conscience being delivered to mindless robots.

well since you have trouble with a few words in the form of a question ! then this one is just for you, ihipe migrimmer is not tibsad and thatsomedayicanlearnto postjistlikeyou. is that enough space ? if not i suggest hooked on phonics :wall :eek2
OK then, thanks for participating.

I think I will try and post. Not with my Carnal mind but out of my new heart and mind.

Can’t spell. Can’t punctuate. Vision problems reading a smart phone. Use King James (with those unique wordings, and added verses.
If we ever had an inner voice, Adam probably messed most of it up. By the time of the flood, the rest of our thinking heart was shot.

The law was a school master till Christ was come:
Some on stone
Some written out on (?).

So on the day of Pentecost how did the righteous men from the nations come to be in Jerusalem?
IMHO Ezekiel mentions the men with the mark on their forehead. The mark showing: these people sigh over the sins of Israel. This dispersion ( 400 years of silence) were placed in the nations, not among those who were killed, and given a sanctuary. During these years they spoke of God to the nations.

These men who sighed over sins had a promise given them: I will put my law in a new heart of flesh. Not an old stony heart, but a pliable heart of flesh, and with understanding.

Matthew chapters 5, 6, 7 show the inner thoughts.
And
I will put it in their minds,
Pentecost was the time of reception.

The apostles began to speak of many revealed things.

The carnal mind is replaced with the mind of Christ.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

The conscience may determine something is sin even without knowing a law.
Is there a Mosaic Law declaring heroine use is a sin?
But it is a sin.
All men have a conscience...or Rom 2:14-15 makes no sense.

They had a conscience, and offended it.

Death came by man.
I don't see sin being mentioned here.

Scripture please.

I don't see a conscience being delivered to mindless robots.

But why would you think Romans 2 says all men have a conscience ?

It says the opposite.

The law written in the heart gives the conscience, ( the new covenant of Christ.) and before this the people of Israel are in darkness( without conscience, as their MINDS ARE BLINDED.)

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

2 Corinthians 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

I am not on this forum for debate, if you have no conscience yourself to see you cannot acknowledge the truth, why deny it( it is not wise.)

Adams transgression is sin, stop debating with people, if you cant believe the testimony of Christ, go and be a muslim.

Romans 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

We are mindless, if we have the mind of Christ, no longer our own wicked mind and understanding.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

1 Corinthians 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back