Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Believe in God, you will be saved

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Unbelievers are morally abandoned ( reprobates) unless Christ is in us.
I agree.
( how much antichrist do you want to show your words and opinions and how you wont stop or be corrected on anything proves you are for strife purpose on the forum ONLY.)
You are entitled to an opinion.
2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates
Matthew 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Matthew 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Thank you for the exhortation.

Impossible, your love is for yourself not others. You are testified about and all you speak is what was told/warned about, and out of your abundance of your heart, you will speak against mine.
Were you "warned" about being free from sinning?
Who would be so concerned about us obeying God?
2 Corinthians 10:18 For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.
2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
Don't fall into your own trap.

Sure apart from the testimony how the good conscience is only now ( after Christ rose to replace the sin of Adam) to be had. (your claim is not scriptural, and it is AGAINST CHRIST DYING AND RISING AGAIN, TO GIVE MAN A GOOD CONSCIENCE.)
All you have left to do is do some strange dance and to sing out of tune.
1 Timothy 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
1 Peter 3: 21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.
Did John the Baptist have a good conscience?
Enoch? Elijah?
Joseph and Mary?

Because without God man is nothing, as God is all things and the wicked are a shadow that passes away ( the wicked mind is a shadow and just is nothing, and ALL HIS REASONING IS FOOLISHNESS.)
I agree.
Isaiah 44:25 That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish;
Ecclesiastes 8: 12 Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him:
13 But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God.
James 1:10 But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away.
I thank God for freedom from wickedness.

Why say Amen, that is the Lords name and He does not hold them guiltless who takes His name in Vain.
Interesting point !
But as my words there were truth, I have no fear of offending Jesus with that use of His name.
To me it just meant..."I agree".
Revelation 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; THESE THINGS SAYETH THE AMEN, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
Deuteronomy 5:11 THOU SHALT NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD THY GOD IN VAIN: for THE LORD WILL NOT HOLD HIM GUILTLESS THAT TAKETH HIS NAME IN VAIN.
Again, thank you for the exhortation.
You are the first I have seen chastise someone for saying "Amen".
All four gospels end with "Amen".
I don't feel it was "in vain".

If you have nothing worthwhile to share, I have nothing to answer for you, but you can wait till judgement day( soon) to be answered then and to give your answers.

Everybody dies without the baptism of Christ, so all have need of that good conscience of HIm rising form the dead( belief in that in our conscience gives it a good conscience when we know Jesus has risen, same for John the baptist too as he confirmed.

Don't ask m any more, as I said( if you didn't hear) you can answer and give your question, to someone else soon.

Matthew 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but THE ANSWER OF A GOOD CONSCIENCE TOWARD GOD,) BY THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST:

Everybody dies without the baptism of Christ, so all have need of that good conscience of HIm rising form the dead( belief in that in our conscience gives it a good conscience when we know Jesus has risen, same for John the baptist too as he confirmed.
What do you say is the "Baptism of Christ "? :chin:study

What’s a personal argument?
I'm right, you're wrong.
Your church doesn't teach correctly.
You're starting to sound like an idiot.
Etc.

We need to comment on the topic,
Not on the person writing, which can quickly become an argument.

I'm right, you're wrong.
Your church doesn't teach correctly.
You're starting to sound like an idiot.
Etc.

We need to comment on the topic,
Not on the person writing, which can quickly become an argument.
Ah, you mean an ad hominem attack although it’s a cultural weakness that one cannot tell anyone that they are wrong. People cannot stomach being wrong on anything they think which is too bad. Supports pride and prevents learning. Jesus had no problem telling people they were wrong.

Never heard ad hominem expressed as a “personal argument.” Learned something new, thanks.

Ah, you mean an ad hominem attack although it’s a cultural weakness that one cannot tell anyone that they are wrong. People cannot stomach being wrong on anything they think which is too bad. Supports pride and prevents learning. Jesus had no problem telling people they were wrong.

Never heard ad hominem expressed as a “personal argument.” Learned something new, thanks.
1661015128227.png

It's a little more than ad hominem.
It could include any of the above.
Maybe I used the wrong expression.

I guess I meant when a debate becomes personal with attacks to the person.
This happens here .

Fascinating!! Thank you. Few can maintain the upper levels although, you are wrong and here’s why fits into the upper levels. The first three require the opponent to actually BE wrong.
Never thought of that...
I'd say the bottom 3 happen a lot.

The top 3 too - because everyone things they're right and we're not discussing science.
Anyway, interesting thoughts!

Jesus clearly teaches in John 3:16 that He will save anyone who believes in Him: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish. lost but have eternal life…”. The word “who” includes you and everyone in this world. fruits of the spirit wall art

The Bible says that, if salvation is based on our individual efforts, no one can save "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" - Romans 3: 23. Psalm 143:2 adds that “there is no one righteous before him.” Romans further affirm “there is no one righteous, even if one is not.”
We cannot save ourselves. Instead, we are saved when we trust Jesus Christ. Ephesians 2:8:9 teaches that “by grace, you have saved me by faith; results of work, so no one can be proud”. We are saved by the grace of God, and grace in its own right is unearned. We are not worthy of salvation; we simply receive it by faith.
The grace of God is sufficient to cover all sins - Romans 5:20. The Bible is also filled with examples of people being saved from the background of their sinful past. The Apostle Paul wrote to Christians who had previously lived in many of their sinful circumstances. The apostle Paul wrote to Christians who had previously lived in various sinful circumstances, including fornication, idolatry, adultery, homosexuality, theft, covetousness, and drunk. But Paul told them that, by salvation, “You were baptized, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of Jesus Christ and in the Holy Spirit. of our God" - 1 Corinthians 6:9:11.
The Apostle Paul was formerly a persecutor of Christians, he approved of Stephen's death - Acts 8:1 and arrested Christians and threw them in prison - Acts of the Apostles 8:3. He later wrote, “Although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and a tyrant, I received mercy because I acted thus when I did not understand and believe But God's grace has been poured out upon me, along with faith and love in Jesus Christ. Here is the word that is trustworthy and worthy of acceptance by all: Jesus Christ. I have come into the world to save sinners, of whom I am first.” - I Timothy 1:13-15.
God often chooses to save those who seem unworthy to serve His purposes. He saved a criminal on the cross with only a few minutes left to live - Luke 23:42-43, a persecutor of the church (Paul), a fisherman who denied Christ (Peter), a Roman soldier and his family - Acts 10, a runaway slave (Onesimus in Philemon), and many others. There is no one beyond His ability to be saved - Isaiah 50:2. We need to respond in faith and receive His gift of eternal life.
Who will be saved? One thing is for sure - you can, if you accept Jesus Christ as your Savior! If you are not sure if you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, you can respond now with a prayer like this:
“Lord, I realized that I am still a sinner and cannot get to heaven by my own merits. I now put my faith in Jesus as the Son of God that He died for my sins and rose from the dead to give me eternal life. Please forgive me for my sins and help me to live for You. I thank You for accepting me and giving me eternal life.”
We often interchange "by" and "based on" when referring to salvation - like "we are saved by blah" or "we are saved based on blah". However, these two are not the same. We are saved by Jesus, His judgement alone - for the Father judges no one, but has given all judgement to the Son. This hasn't happened yet. So we can't say one is saved or one is not saved.

"Based on" is the criteria. Jesus clearly says that to have life, we are to keep the Commandments. We are to bear fruit, we are to endure, we are to do works of loving kindness to our neighbors. The basis or criterion on which people are saved in the parable of the sheep and the goats is works of loving kindness to our neighbors (charity). Not merely believing. We are saved based on our works. We are also condemned based on our works.

Last edited:
Jesus clearly teaches in John 3:16 that He will save anyone who believes in Him: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish. lost but have eternal life…”. The word “who” includes you and everyone in this world. fruits of the spirit wall art

The Bible says that, if salvation is based on our individual efforts, no one can save "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" - Romans 3: 23. Psalm 143:2 adds that “there is no one righteous before him.” Romans further affirm “there is no one righteous, even if one is not.”
We cannot save ourselves. Instead, we are saved when we trust Jesus Christ. Ephesians 2:8:9 teaches that “by grace, you have saved me by faith; results of work, so no one can be proud”. We are saved by the grace of God, and grace in its own right is unearned. We are not worthy of salvation; we simply receive it by faith.
The grace of God is sufficient to cover all sins - Romans 5:20. The Bible is also filled with examples of people being saved from the background of their sinful past. The Apostle Paul wrote to Christians who had previously lived in many of their sinful circumstances. The apostle Paul wrote to Christians who had previously lived in various sinful circumstances, including fornication, idolatry, adultery, homosexuality, theft, covetousness, and drunk. But Paul told them that, by salvation, “You were baptized, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of Jesus Christ and in the Holy Spirit. of our God" - 1 Corinthians 6:9:11.
The Apostle Paul was formerly a persecutor of Christians, he approved of Stephen's death - Acts 8:1 and arrested Christians and threw them in prison - Acts of the Apostles 8:3. He later wrote, “Although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and a tyrant, I received mercy because I acted thus when I did not understand and believe But God's grace has been poured out upon me, along with faith and love in Jesus Christ. Here is the word that is trustworthy and worthy of acceptance by all: Jesus Christ. I have come into the world to save sinners, of whom I am first.” - I Timothy 1:13-15.
God often chooses to save those who seem unworthy to serve His purposes. He saved a criminal on the cross with only a few minutes left to live - Luke 23:42-43, a persecutor of the church (Paul), a fisherman who denied Christ (Peter), a Roman soldier and his family - Acts 10, a runaway slave (Onesimus in Philemon), and many others. There is no one beyond His ability to be saved - Isaiah 50:2. We need to respond in faith and receive His gift of eternal life.
Who will be saved? One thing is for sure - you can, if you accept Jesus Christ as your Savior! If you are not sure if you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, you can respond now with a prayer like this:
“Lord, I realized that I am still a sinner and cannot get to heaven by my own merits. I now put my faith in Jesus as the Son of God that He died for my sins and rose from the dead to give me eternal life. Please forgive me for my sins and help me to live for You. I thank You for accepting me and giving me eternal life.”
Believing on God is a virtue in and of itself.

A person that does not believe cannot be saved.
A person that believes, and acts on that belief, is saved.

Dorothy, the meaning of believe should be considered to be as it was meant by the authors of the NT.

Believe means to trust, to follow, to obey.
"Believe means to trust, to follow, to obey." - you got that right.

The Greek "πιστεύω" (pisteuo) has connotations of not just merely believing in facts, but a strong conviction that compels one to take action. In John 3:36, translated literally, it reads "The one believing in the Son has life eternal, however the one not obeying the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him". So the opposite of "believing" ("πιστεύων") is "not obeying" ("ἀπειθῶν").

Godly love is somewhat to make things personal.
Brotherly love is mostly positive. Not always positive, but a rebuke is usually about as severe as it gets.

IMHO repentance is about sins against the Father. The Father that sent the law of Moses. Repentance is not salvation, but repentance puts you in a position to accept Jesus for eternal life.

If we think or say God:

We may think God the Father ( the one who sent the Son / Jesus)

We may think God the Son (the one who lived, died, rose again and ascended into heaven that we might have eternal life.

We may even think of the Holy Spirit (who was sent that we might have power to witness).

The title of this thread contains the word God. It does not contain:
If it is singular or plural
No verbal hint
No noun information

We actually are sent on a quest to identify what the totality of the word (God) is.

The Word of God
Became Jesus
by the Holy Spirit

Jesus (the second Adam) became a quickening spirit (that can be in us, if we open the door.

That to me is God. Not very simple in one sense, but not so complex that we might not know God

eddif

The door of faith is opened, we do not need to open it.

What is closed is our heart, as the vail was done away in Christ.

If any of the discussion makers want to slow for a moment and just say nothing( their first time ever perhaps in life/miracles may happen.) John 10:9. 1 Corinthians 6:9. 2 Corinthians 3:14.

Now, faith and obedience are the same thing, if one has faith, they have the obedience of faith, it is the mystery of Gid made known to all nations. ( God through faith made the worlds, as faith and work are one, Jesus saved ius through the faith of Jesus Christ, and that is finishing the work the Father gave to finish, the death on the cross to rise again to life, and the Holy Ghost is what reveals all to us or we known on the door of our own closed heart, and the only door that opens to us is a crooked one.)

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

"Believe means to trust, to follow, to obey." - you got that right.

The Greek "πιστεύω" (pisteuo) has connotations of not just merely believing in facts, but a strong conviction that compels one to take action. In John 3:36, translated literally, it reads "The one believing in the Son has life eternal, however the one not obeying the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him". So the opposite of "believing" ("πιστεύων") is "not obeying" ("ἀπειθῶν").
Hi Gallant
Welcome to the forum.

I've come to understand that those that agree with you (as I also do), are not afraid of the word OBEY...even though we all sin at times.

It is those that fear the word OBEY that will debate even John 3:36, which is very clear.

I just don't understand the reason for this fear...

Godly love is somewhat to make things personal.
Brotherly love is mostly positive. Not always positive, but a rebuke is usually about as severe as it gets.

IMHO repentance is about sins against the Father. The Father that sent the law of Moses. Repentance is not salvation, but repentance puts you in a position to accept Jesus for eternal life.

If we think or say God:

We may think God the Father ( the one who sent the Son / Jesus)

We may think God the Son (the one who lived, died, rose again and ascended into heaven that we might have eternal life.

We may even think of the Holy Spirit (who was sent that we might have power to witness).

The title of this thread contains the word God. It does not contain:
If it is singular or plural
No verbal hint
No noun information

We actually are sent on a quest to identify what the totality of the word (God) is.

The Word of God
Became Jesus
by the Holy Spirit

Jesus (the second Adam) became a quickening spirit (that can be in us, if we open the door.

That to me is God. Not very simple in one sense, but not so complex that we might not know God

eddif
If we repent, we are saved.

What does repent mean, except that we turn toward God.

If we turn toward God and obey, we are saved.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back