Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

But It Doesn't Say That In The Bible!!!!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It teaches me that Jesus saved Peter, even though Peter failed to ask for forgiveness, first.

Matthew 14
30 But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, “Lord, save me!”
31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”

Notice that Jesus didn't reach to save Peter until Peter asked to be saved.

Food for thought.

Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

I kind of imagine that statement will be echoed by billions one day. And it is not admitting wrong, nor asking for forgiveness.... yet Jesus needs no more than to see we are in trouble to respond. Peter would have been in deep.... water, if Jesus demanded a demonstration of deep sorrow, instead of just fear, before acting.

I kind of imagine that statement will be echoed by billions one day. And it is not admitting wrong, nor asking for forgiveness.... yet Jesus needs no more than to see we are in trouble to respond. Peter would have been in deep.... water, if Jesus demanded a demonstration of deep sorrow, instead of just fear, before acting.

What is it called when someone turns from the world in fear and calls out to the Lord for help? :confused

Never mind. It's not important.

It teaches me that Jesus saved Peter, even though Peter failed to ask for forgiveness, first.
you mean that he didn't step on him and push him to hell as an example? god works knowing our frame and knew that peter was weak and wasn't sinning willifully, rather then discourage him he said why did you doubt me while reaching for him.

...so why the hesitation to receive edification from brothers and sisters because it's outside your religious box? Ok, so it may not be in scripture but that may not mean that it isn't true.

Could you give us an example? You had something in mind when you started this thread. Would you mind sharing what that something is?

What is it called when someone turns from the world in fear and calls out to the Lord for help? :confused

Never mind. It's not important.
See? You're catching on.... Jesus did not demand anything from Peter, He just saved Him out of grace, without first waiting for him to ask for forgiveness. Why? Because He already knows all our hearts, and doesn't require anything first.

Beware of the preacher who says he was taken up to heaven, spoken to God face to face, and told him to start a new way.
They are all over America and the world.

See? You're catching on.... Jesus did not demand anything from Peter, He just saved Him out of grace, without first waiting for him to ask for forgiveness. Why? Because He already knows all our hearts, and doesn't require anything first.

I didn't say I changed my mind, I said it's not important...as in who's right and who's wrong. :salute

How about the way the bible describes visions / spirituals.
The gates of heaven were opened, and I saw......

The person could not tell if it was an in body or out of the body (from another passage )? Our experience should be (kind of humble, honest statement).

Clean Peter saw the unclean animals let down from heaven, and went a new way (to the Gentiles). Scripture alludes to gentile inclusion, but not as strongly as Peter's vision.

The truth is probably too bland for some, and out of total reach for others. We ought not to be lukewarm or too elated about spirituals.

Is our name written in the Lamb's book of life ? Anyone want to open the door?

eddif

Ok, so it may not be in scripture but that may not mean that it isn't true.
I happen to agree with this. Others don't have to, but I do. The example I usually bring up is the last World Series- whichever one it was, it wasn't in the Bible, but I'm reasonably sure it happened regardless.

On a less frivolous note, I don't see why it's so impossible that God has continued to contact some of us since the last word of known Scripture was penned. Yes, you'll bring up the Scripture that warns of deceptive visions increasing into the final end times. I'm sure that is happening also, but why not genuine comm from the Almighty?

I had a vision. I make no attempt to conceal that. I believe it was genuine. I can't prove it was a real message from the Lord (although I have evidence that it was a spiritual occurence of some nature, and not just a bad dream). It changed my life. For better or worse only time will tell.

Yup and it says this... Mar_6:9 But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats.
you wear sandals to work ? or to play golf . nope cant play golf it is not scriptural.. :confused
Is one sweater and a coat OK?

:study yup i see Eddif, O there's Gary.. and JLB.. Wow Jethro Bodine is there too...
Jasonc Edward ... Willie, Jesse... Obadiah.. Well surprise surprise look who else is see... :eek2

The implication was:

The disciples rejoiced that the demons were subject to them, but Jesus said to rejoice not in that , but rejoice that your name is written in the Lambs book of life. I caught myself spending a lot of time on spirituals, and I was actually reminding myself; not really others. I do hope we have a wide audience in the lounge, and someone might want to respond to the knock .

eddif

I happen to agree with this. Others don't have to, but I do. The example I usually bring up is the last World Series- whichever one it was, it wasn't in the Bible, but I'm reasonably sure it happened regardless.

Lord Krishna isn't in the bible either.

The issue isn't whether it's in the bible or not. The issue is, how does it stand up to the scriptures.

Could you give us an example? You had something in mind when you started this thread. Would you mind sharing what that something is?

good question! but in actuality, I really didn't have a specific issue in mind. but it has come up before during discussions. In another thread someone said something similar (It's not in the bible so can't be true) so reading that made me think of it yet again.

I've learned quite a bit over time from reading peoples testimonies. The Lord is alive and well and blessing people daily. :) I know that some testimony's are frauds, but some aren't. Lots of times when I am watching a video testimony, the Holy Spirit will 'ping' my spirit to let me know that it's true. No ping no true, lol. I've never been pinged and then seen later where it didn't agree with scripture. I still do the homework though, that's the fun part. :)

Mat 14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
I don't think little faith means no faith, as an unbeliever. :shrug

Deborah Hi,
You are spot on when you say little Faith does not mean NO Faith !!
But ya know that Little Faith is not much use when the enemy comes at you with pressure or persacution and so forth.
Little Faith is nothing more then Lacking Faith..........NOW for the good news about that.
Faith is just like your body....It Needs Fed Daily...It needs exercised and work out.....Your Faith needs to be "BUILT UP" Every Single Day.......
Jim

It doesn't. But what is doubt?

"Wherefore didst thou doubt?"

Loosely translated: "Why did you not believe?" or for KJV only crowd: "Wherefore didst thou believest not?"

Thoughts?

Hey Gary I am glad you said what is doubt.....Well doubt is questioning God or what ever it is you are not believing.
Doubt can come from fear as well and yet you can say fear is faith.....Now give me a moment please......When you exercise fear in anything you are releasing faith in....Say you are afraid of sharks....sharks can eat you man, well now you have Placed Faith in that shark that it can hurt you...Feart of it is Faith in it.

Ok, ok I said all that to say this...........Satin will use fear to bring doubt. Doubt is faith in reverse. If you truly doubt someting then you have truly placed fiath in it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back