Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

By faith

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
No, as the final judgement has yet to take place.
Absent from the body present with the Lord , is the biblical standard for believers , the moment they die.

2Co 5:8
"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

The unsaved are not present with the Lord when they die
I am surprised that you were not aware of this basic truth.

Absent from the body present with the Lord , is the biblical standard for believers , the moment they die.

"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

You misread it.
Of course it is better to be out of the body and present with the Lord, but you are adding that it is an immediate event.
A day of judgement will occur first, at the return of the Lord with His angels.
True, but neither are the converted.
You changed the parameters of the post.

You misread it.
Of course it is better to be out of the body and present with the Lord, but you are adding that it is an immediate event.
A day of judgement will occur first, at the return of the Lord with His angels.

True, but neither are the converted.
Do you really believe that Jesus lied to a dying man ?

Luk 23:43
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

>>>Are you saying David didn't repent?
Not in the way you describe the requirement :
">Very simple. Fail, get up and make U turn, repent sincerely." ( Tempo)

Pulling himself up by own his spiritual bootstraps & volition to make U turn was not done by David .
You don't seem to be familiar with David's correction ?
Do you know what the distinct difference was with David as compared to what you say is the only way to repentance ?

What do you think these verses say:

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
2Ti 3:17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. (ESV)

What does it mean that “All Scripture is breathed out by God”?

>>>Please go back couple of verses. the writer not talking about the scripture in our hands now, because it didn't exist at that time.

Please answer the question:

Are you saying that Satan does "believe in God (or Jesus) in the sense of making him Lord of his life and trusting in him for salvation?" If so, then give Scripture to support this.

>>>ames 2:19 You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.

The above verse show believing and having faith in GOD is not complete if you don't prove it with your deeds.
And what does this have to do with salvation? What does John 3:16 say about salvation?
Where does Jesus say that? Where does Paul say that?

>>>Please read Matt. 21:28-32, the parable of the 2 sons.
Again, this is where 2 Tim 3:16-17 come in.

>>>See the above.
Not really. I suggest reading Matt 7:15-20 again.

A bad tree is, by definition, someone who is a false teacher or false prophet; someone who is false and they only bear bad fruit.

>>> I agree, but why you stop there?
GOD, the prophets and Jesus spoke too about the fruits of your good and bad deeds.
John 15:16 James 3:18 Proverb 18:21 Jeremiah 17:9-10 and there are tons of these verses.
That is why they get thrown into the fire. If works saved, then a bad tree would have to bear good fruit, but Jesus says good fruit comes only from a good tree. So, the tree has to already be good in order to bear good fruit.

>>>Please read Gal. 5:19-21 and 5:22-23
Is it being completely truthful to only quote a part of what someone says, so that it appears they said something different?

>>>You just did, when you ignore 1 corn. 9:19-23. But that's ok, I understand.

And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
Is that promise made to every repentant man ?
Of course Paul is right about which is better, but he doesn't mention the time between or deaths and the return of Christ when we will be raised from the dead.
Paul is still waiting in his grave for that day.

Yes, to everyone that is Saved.
Why you would think it would not apply to all who are Saved ?
One reason is that nobody, (apart from anyone who received the same promise as the crucified thief), IS saved until after their name is found in the book of life on the last day.
Do you recall Jesus' words from Matt 7:22-23 ?
"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
A day of judgement will precede God's announcement, or not, of salvation.

One reason is that nobody, (apart from anyone who received the same promise as the crucified thief), IS saved until after their name is found in the book of life on the last day.
I've never heard this .
What denomination teaches this ?
So then where do they go until the last day ?

I've never heard this .
What denomination teaches this ?
All those who believe Jesus' words in Matt 7:22-23.
So then where do they go until the last day ?
The grave.
Paul writes..."For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." (1 Thes 4:16-17)
The dead in Christ were in their graves.
Notice that Paul concludes with "and so shall we ever be with the Lord".
He would not have added that if we were already with Him.

Not being able to move around much in a grave space would be somewhat limiting wouldn't it ?
Why do you think the bible calls a grave a pit, or a prison ? (1 Peter 3:19)
So will we be able to see all the dead people in the cemetery from our grave space ?
Or just people in the graves right next to us ?
I am still alive, so I have no idea.
I doubt we will be able to see anyone.

Back