Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

By faith

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You should first define what you mean by “saved.” We are justified by grace alone through faith alone.

>>>"Save", is the opposite of "punish."
Jesus did:

Jhn 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
Jhn 3:15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.
Jhn 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Jhn 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Jhn 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. (ESV)

>>>Satan believe in GOD, but GOD condemns him because of his deeds.
Matt. 5:20 “For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.”
Surpasses the Pharisees in what, faith or work?

And Paul did:

>>>please read the book of James, the one who lived and walk with Jesus.
Again, faith and work go hand by hand to please GOD.

1 Corinthians 5:11
But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a verbal abuser, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

Why, do you think???
Here is Paul talking to the believers. about their faith or deeds?

>>>"Save", is the opposite of "punish."
I’m a sense, yes, but the Bible speaks of salvation mainly in three ways: justification, sanctification, and glorification.

>>>Satan believe in GOD, but GOD condemns him because of his deeds.
You’re conflating two different meanings of “believe.” Satan believes God exists and that he is the Creator, and that Jesus is the Saviour. But, Satan does not believe in God (or Jesus) in the sense of making him Lord of his life and trusting in him for salvation.

Christians are those who are justified, having repented, put their faith and trust in Jesus as their Saviour, and made him Lord of their lives. In other words, they “believed in him,” as John 3:16 states.

Matt. 5:20 “For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.”
Surpasses the Pharisees in what, faith or work?
Jesus’s point is that it is impossible to enter the kingdom of heaven by following the law.

Again, faith and work go hand by hand to please GOD.

1 Corinthians 5:11
But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a verbal abuser, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

Why, do you think???
Here is Paul talking to the believers. about their faith or deeds?
I think that perhaps you need to read a bit more carefully. Paul clearly states that believers are “not to associate with anyone who claims to be a” believer, but lives in willful sin. What Paul is certainly not saying is that their good works save them or their bad works will result in loss of salvation.

Again, as James, and every passage on salvation and works, attests to, is that good works are evidence of salvation; they are the good fruit from a good tree. And Paul is saying in the passage above that bad fruit comes from a bad tree, and believers should not be seen with someone who lives in willful sin so as not be perceived as endorsing that sin.

Salvation by works is completely rejected by the NT.

I’m a sense, yes, but the Bible speaks of salvation mainly in three ways: justification, sanctification, and glorification.

>>>GOD, the Prophets and Jesus have nothing to do with it. It's a church doctrine.
You’re conflating two different meanings of “believe.” Satan believes God exists and that he is the Creator, and that Jesus is the Saviour. But, Satan does not believe in God (or Jesus) in the sense of making him Lord of his life and trusting in him for salvation.

>>>Of course he does. he just Challange and disobey GOD.
Jesus’s point is that it is impossible to enter the kingdom of heaven by following the law.

>>>Friend, the whole disagreement between Jesus and the Pharisees is the law and how to be implemented.

Do you remember what Jesus said about them?
They sit in Moses' seat, do what they said and stay away from their deeds. Do you fellow his command?
I think that perhaps you need to read a bit more carefully. Paul clearly states that believers are “not to associate with anyone who claims to be a” believer, but lives in willful sin. What Paul is certainly not saying is that their good works save them or their bad works will result in loss of salvation.

>>>This is exactly what I am saying, a good believer must do good deeds!
Salvation by works is completely rejected by the NT.

>>>In my opinion, you just disregard what Jesus' command.
Jesus: "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire"

>>>GOD, the Prophets and Jesus have nothing to do with it. It's a church doctrine.
To do with what? I provided the three different ways that the Bible talks about salvation. There is a specific point in time where one is justified and sanctified, but the process continues with sanctification, and then salvation will be complete when we are glorified.

>>>Of course he does. he just Challange and disobey GOD.
Are you saying that Satan does "believe in God (or Jesus) in the sense of making him Lord of his life and trusting in him for salvation?" If so, then give Scripture to support this. Of course, if that is what you are saying, your second statement contradicts it. If Satan bears bad fruit, and indeed that is all he can bear, then he is a bad tree. By definition, then, he cannot believe in God (or Jesus) in the sense of making him Lord of his life and trusting in him for salvation. That is an impossibility.

Again, you’re conflating to different meanings of “believe.”

>>>Friend, the whole disagreement between Jesus and the Pharisees is the law and how to be implemented.

Do you remember what Jesus said about them?
They sit in Moses' seat, do what they said and stay away from their deeds. Do you fellow his command?
No, because I don't have anything to do with scribes and Pharisees, whose works of the Law will not save.

>>>This is exactly what I am saying, a good believer must do good deeds!
But it isn’t what you are saying because I’m saying that Jesus and Paul say that good deeds don’t save. Justification is by grace alone through faith alone and good works are only evidence that a person is saved.

Rom 3:20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.
Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it
Rom 3:22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:
Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Rom 3:24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
Rom 3:25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.
Rom 3:26 It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
Rom 3:27 Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith.
Rom 3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law. (ESV)

Rom 4:4 Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due.
Rom 4:5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness, (ESV)

Rom 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. (ESV)

Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. (ESV)

Gal 2:16 yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified. (ESV)

Gal 3:11 Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.”
Gal 3:12 But the law is not of faith, rather “The one who does them shall live by them.”
Gal 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”—
Gal 3:14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith. (ESV)

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
Eph 2:9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. (ESV)

Php 3:8 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ
Php 3:9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— (ESV)

2Ti 3:15 and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
2Ti 3:17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. (ESV)

Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone, not by works.

>>>In my opinion, you just disregard what Jesus' command.
Jesus: "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire"
You are entitled to your opinion, but that is not what I have done.

Mat 7:15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
Mat 7:16 You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
Mat 7:17 So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit.
Mat 7:18 A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Thus you will recognize them by their fruits. (ESV)

What is Jesus saying here?

Is the doctrine of "by faith alone you're save" Biblical?

Did God, the Prophets or Jesus taught such doctrine?
Hello Tempo, How are you? and No Sir to your questions, Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone, James 2:17

Love, Walter And Debbie

To do with what?

>>>None of them (GOD, the prophets or Jesus), taught or command "by faith" doctrine.
Are you saying that Satan does "believe in God

>>>Of course he does.
No, because I don't have anything to do with scribes and Pharisees, whose works of the Law will not save.

>>> You can take the matter with Jesus who made the command not me.
Remember, to be Jesus' friend, you must do and obey his command (John 15:14)
But it isn’t what you are saying because I’m saying that Jesus and Paul say that good deeds don’t save.
>>>Yes, they both said what I am saying, strong believe makes you produce good works which lead to GODS satisfaction.
Justification is by grace alone through faith alone and good works are only evidence that a person is saved.

Rom 3:20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.
Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it
Rom 3:22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:
Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Rom 3:24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
Rom 3:25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.
Rom 3:26 It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
Rom 3:27 Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith.
Rom 3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law. (ESV)

Rom 4:4 Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due.
Rom 4:5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness, (ESV)

Rom 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. (ESV)

Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. (ESV)

Gal 2:16 yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified. (ESV)

Gal 3:11 Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.”
Gal 3:12 But the law is not of faith, rather “The one who does them shall live by them.”
Gal 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”—
Gal 3:14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith. (ESV)

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
Eph 2:9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. (ESV)

Php 3:8 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ
Php 3:9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— (ESV)

2Ti 3:15 and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
2Ti 3:17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. (ESV)

Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone, not by works.

>>>do you notice, in the above verses you did not quate GOD, the Prophets or Jesus, which was my main and only Op!!
You are entitled to your opinion, but that is not what I have done.

Mat 7:15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
Mat 7:16 You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
Mat 7:17 So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit.
Mat 7:18 A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Thus you will recognize them by their fruits. (ESV)

What is Jesus saying here?

>>>Question: what's "fruit" means in the above verses?

>>>Yes, they both said what I am saying, strong believe makes you produce good works which lead to GODS satisfaction.
How many good works did it take you before achieving God's understanding of how good you are ?
How many days, months, years of good works was that ?
Do you have to deduct your bad works from your good works in calculating if God is still satisfied with you ?

How many good works did it take you before achieving God's understanding of how good you are ?

>>>GOD is the most merciful knows I am only humane; perfection is only belonged to HIM.
I try to do my best to fellow his command which HE required: To act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with him. (Micah 6:8), that's no more no less.
How many days, months, years of good works was that ?
>>>As long as HE give me air to breath.
Do you have to deduct your bad works from your good works in calculating if God is still satisfied with you ?

>>>GOD love it when I realize, I did bad deeds then I make U turn and repent.
You don't believe me>
Read what Jesus said: Luke 15:7 I tell you, in just the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need of repentance.

I try to do my best to fellow his command which HE required: To act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with him. (Micah 6:8), that's no more no less.
So failing which one of these requirements would cause you to go to hell ?
Or would it take failing more than one ?

Act justly?
Love Mercy?
Walk Humbly With Him ?

>>>None of them (GOD, the prophets or Jesus), taught or command "by faith" doctrine.
I’ve given several verses that say differently. How about you address each one and show how it doesn’t support what I’ve said.

>>>Of course he does.
That isn’t what I asked. Now you’re being deceptive. This is what I asked in its entirety:

Are you saying that Satan does "believe in God (or Jesus) in the sense of making him Lord of his life and trusting in him for salvation?" If so, then give Scripture to support this.

>>> You can take the matter with Jesus who made the command not me.
Remember, to be Jesus' friend, you must do and obey his command (John 15:14)
Jesus said a lot more than that, and nowhere does he say that works are necessary for salvation. I gave you John 3:16, which you need to address.

What do you mean by “satisfaction” and what does it have to do with justification?

>>>do you notice, in the above verses you did not quate GOD, the Prophets or Jesus, which was my main and only Op!!
But I did. The whole Bible is inspired of God, which includes Jesus. So, anything said about salvation by faith is said by God.

>>>Question: what's "fruit" means in the above verses?
I asked you a question.

>>>Very simple. Fail, get up and make U turn, repent sincerely.

>>>This is what GOD required.
Do you question HIM?
I Don't .
I question why some of God's most beloved children who failed to "get up & repent" are now in Heaven instead of awaiting transfer to hell , as you seem to suggest God should do with them ?

I’ve given several verses that say differently. How about you address each one and show how it doesn’t support what I’ve said.

>>>None of your verses answer the OP question:
Did GOD, the prophets or Jesus taught (by faith alone) doctrine?
That isn’t what I asked. Now you’re being deceptive. This is what I asked in its entirety:

Are you saying that Satan does "believe in God (or Jesus) in the sense of making him Lord of his life and trusting in him for salvation?" If so, then give Scripture to support this.

>>>James 2:19 You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.
Jesus said a lot more than that, and nowhere does he say that works are necessary for salvation. I gave you John 3:16, which you need to address.
>>>
John 15:10
If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and remain in His love.

What do you mean by “satisfaction” and what does it have to do with justification?

>>>GOD will forgive your sins when you show repentance.
But I did. The whole Bible is inspired of God, which includes Jesus. So, anything said about salvation by faith is said by God.

>>>GOD for thousands of years told his prophets NOTHING, about saved by faith.
Jesus Told his Apostle NOTHING about saved by Fath.
John 18:20I have spoken openly to the world,” Jesus replied. “I always taught in synagogues or at the temple, where all the Jews come together. I said nothing in secret.
Amos 3:7Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophet

>>>I asked you a question.

>>>What's the meaning of "fruit" In the verses you quoted?

If you look at carefully, you'll notice it's all about good and bad deeds. nothing about faith.

Free:
Now you’re being deceptive

>>>I think you're wrong. No, I am not. and I don't believe in anyone who practice such thing.
Do you think whoever wrote 1 Corinthian's 9:19-23 was practicing such thing?

>>>Good. so you agree this all what HE required from you to do as HE said in Micah 6:8?

>>>I never been in heaven or met anyone was there.
So you have no confidence of the Prophets , personally named & quoted by Jesus, yet who failed to make u turn & repent of their sin, of their own volition, being in the Presence of Christ today ?

Last edited:
>>>None of your verses answer the OP question:
Did GOD, the prophets or Jesus taught (by faith alone) doctrine?
What do you think these verses say:

What does it mean that “All Scripture is breathed out by God”?

>>>James 2:19 You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.
Please answer the question:

>>>
John 15:10
If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and remain in His love.
And what does this have to do with salvation? What does John 3:16 say about salvation?

>>>GOD will forgive your sins when you show repentance.
Where does Jesus say that? Where does Paul say that?

>>>GOD for thousands of years told his prophets NOTHING, about saved by faith.
Jesus Told his Apostle NOTHING about saved by Fath.
John 18:20I have spoken openly to the world,” Jesus replied. “I always taught in synagogues or at the temple, where all the Jews come together. I said nothing in secret.
Amos 3:7Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophet
Again, this is where 2 Tim 3:16-17 come in.

>>>What's the meaning of "fruit" In the verses you quoted?

If you look at carefully, you'll notice it's all about good and bad deeds. nothing about faith.
Not really. I suggest reading Matt 7:15-20 again.

A bad tree is, by definition, someone who is a false teacher or false prophet; someone who is false and they only bear bad fruit. That is why they get thrown into the fire. If works saved, then a bad tree would have to bear good fruit, but Jesus says good fruit comes only from a good tree. So, the tree has to already be good in order to bear good fruit.

Free:
Now you’re being deceptive

>>>I think you're wrong. No, I am not. and I don't believe in anyone who practice such thing.
Do you think whoever wrote 1 Corinthian's 9:19-23 was practicing such thing?
Is it being completely truthful to only quote a part of what someone says, so that it appears they said something different?

Back