Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

By His Stripes we are Healed !

DarcyLu said:
No, sorry I never said we could manipulate God into healing us - my claim is that God DOES in fact heal and that we, as Christians, do not always believe what the Word says and we are paralyzed because of our unbelief.
Which an absurd statement.
We werent paralyzed when we BELIEVED that a Man-God died for OUR crimes against Him...I hardly believe that its HARDER to have belief enough to be healed.
Evidence from scripture PROVES that it isnt the case.
Ive yet to see anything presented here that is even remotely scriptural.
My concern is, FoC, you stated that you will never be healed,
And you neednt concern yourself with MY illness. That is between God and I alone. I'll ask you kindly to remove yourself from that issue entirely as your views and opinions arent required or welcome. :)

and it appears that you have lost hope but God has promised us hope and we should never give up on God's healing.
It has nothing to do with hope.
You dont know me from Adam, nor do you know my scenario or anything about my walk. Keep your concerns about my illness to yourself, please.
I hope I dont have to ask again.
:)

follower of Christ said:
We werent paralyzed when we BELIEVED that a Man-God died for OUR crimes against Him...I hardly believe that its HARDER to have belief enough to be healed.
Evidence from scripture PROVES that it isnt the case.
Ive yet to see anything presented here that is even remotely scriptural.
My concern is, FoC, you stated that you will never be healed,
And you neednt concern yourself with MY illness. That is between God and I alone. I'll ask you kindly to remove yourself from that issue entirely as your views and opinions arent required or welcome. :)

[quote:qjgqnkhw] and it appears that you have lost hope but God has promised us hope and we should never give up on God's healing.
It has nothing to do with hope.
You dont know me from Adam, nor do you know my scenario or anything about my walk. Keep your concerns about my illness to yourself, please.
I hope I dont have to ask again.
:)[/quote:qjgqnkhw]

Sorry FoC I did not mean to offend you.

DarcyLu said:
There was no offense so far, D...I just dont think that you are in a position to question the situation.
If it werent for your views about healing, you MIGHT actually be able to understand why I would never ask for God to heal me.
As it is, I dont see some here being ABLE to comprehend as they are entirely too caught up in being 'healed' to grasp how God is glorified in our weaknesses.

DarcyLu said:
Even believing we are in His will, we may not be and ask for something that would not be beneficial to us - wouldn't these matters be best kept within His Will? He is Soveriegn and only He knows what would be best for us.
I agree...our Father knows our needs before we even ask.
Matt 6 said:
7But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
If we had great faith, we'd trust Him in everything concerning ourselves, and we'd be spending our time praying for the lost and sharing the Gospel. A person's illnesses can be just what the Lord is using to bring them to Himself.
25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
If we allow Him to, the Holy Spirit will direct us in prayng in the will of God.
Then, when our prayers are not answered, the Lord will not be put to open shame.
[quote='Romans 8:26-28] 26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. [/quote]

follower of Christ said:
DarcyLu said:
There was no offense so far, D...I just dont think that you are in a position to question the situation.
If it werent for your views about healing, you MIGHT actually be able to understand why I would never ask for God to heal me.
As it is, I dont see some here being ABLE to comprehend as they are entirely too caught up in being 'healed' to grasp how God is glorified in our weaknesses.

Various diseases my family has endured turned out to be a blessing, faith builder and none of us would ever say - oh, I wish it never happened. We praise God for the journey.

jasoncran said:
billy graham actually thanked god for cancer as it allowed him to grow in christ, so they say.
Id have never understood something like that 15 years ago, honestly.

follower of Christ said:
DarcyLu said:
No, sorry I never said we could manipulate God into healing us - my claim is that God DOES in fact heal and that we, as Christians, do not always believe what the Word says and we are paralyzed because of our unbelief.

Back to the debate :) it is not an absurd statement, FoC! It's true! We are not united in being His Body. We are called to be of one mind, but how many denominations are there - something like 30,000? If we were of one mind, united, being His Body - do you realize what could possibly be done by Christians around the world!

DarcyLu said:
Various diseases my family has endured turned out to be a blessing, faith builder and none of us would ever say - oh, I wish it never happened. We praise God for the journey.
I think thats really what we're trying to get some here to understand.
WE think of illness as something to rid ourselves of....but in many cases God ends up glorified thru our weaknesses in our bodies.
Why on earth would I ask for healing of something that has given me so much in a spiritual way and drawn me into a closer relationship with God ?
My faith was never so strong before this all hit me. Never.
There are a lot of things I simply cant talk about, but what I do know is that questions I needed answers to were all answered THRU the disease...thru the symptoms of it.
It has taken so much from me, things like meaningless stuff I was making too much of anyway...and left me with faith in God that I could never have comprehended before.

The AIP is one of the best things God has ever given me. It is no curse as C would believe. It is a gift.

DarcyLu said:
Back to the debate :) it is not an absurd statement, FoC! It's true! We are not united in being His Body. We are called to be of one mind, but how many denominations are there - something like 30,000? If we were of one mind, united, being His Body - do you realize what could possibly be done by Christians around the world!
I just dont see any logic in the view.
A man who was NOT YET a believer BELIEVED and his son was healed.
Yet some of you here try to claim that we can believe and be saved but that belief isnt enough.
Im sorry, but I just dont buy it.

follower of Christ said:
DarcyLu said:
I think thats really what we're trying to get some here to understand.
WE think of illness as something to rid ourselves of....but in many cases God ends up glorified thru our weaknesses in our bodies.
Why on earth would I ask for healing of something that has given me so much in a spiritual way and drawn me into a closer relationship with God ?
My faith was never so strong before this all hit me. Never.
There are a lot of things I simply cant talk about, but what I do know is that questions I needed answers to were all answered THRU the disease...thru the symptoms of it.
It has taken so much from me, things like meaningless stuff I was making too much of anyway...and left me with faith in God that I could never have comprehended before.

The AIP is one of the best things God has ever given me.

We don't sweat the small stuff anymore :)

follower of Christ said:
jasoncran said:
billy graham actually thanked god for cancer as it allowed him to grow in christ, so they say.
because of the trials that i have been through i can understand some of it, cancer isnt something i would look for , then nor is any trial. but i grown in them and still need to grow.

follower of Christ said:
DarcyLu said:
I just dont see any logic in the view.
A man who was NOT YET a believer BELIEVED and his son was healed.
Yet some of you here try to claim that we can believe and be saved but that belief isnt enough.
Im sorry, but I just dont buy it.
Yet, things happen to people to cause them to believe - perhaps that is the case here. I thought the Dad did say he believed though? :confused
Then we would need to have a debate on when exactly a person is saved. :lol

follower of Christ said:
jasoncran said:
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

14Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

glorydaz said:
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

I love that song so much.

DarcyLu said:
Yet, things happen to people to cause them to believe - perhaps that is the case here. I thought the Dad did say he believed though? :confused
Then we would need to have a debate on when exactly a person is saved. :lol
Blessed is who has NOT seen and yet believed.

...For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
I sometimes dont think people really appreciate this until they stand and look death in the face themselves.
We take for granted so many things, we dont appreciate much of anything until its ripped away and we see all that we had...even the ability to just move around a room look out a window.

follower of Christ said:
...For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
I sometimes dont think people really appreciate this until they stand and look death in the face themselves.
We take for granted so many things, we dont appreciate much of anything until its ripped away and we see all that we had...even the ability to just move around a room look out a window.
Amen, brother, and even when we can't look out the window, we have our Lord's marvelous works to meditate on and so recount His glorious doings to others.
Psalm 77:10-13 said:
And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High. I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old. I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings. Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?

Back