Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Call No Man Father

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
That’s not what Christ and his church teach and they are the “rule of faith” for Christians not scripture

We must believe and obey both Christ and the church He founded on the apostles (Matt 16:18-19) to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation! (Matt 28:19)

(Not scripture alone)
Sacred Scripture according to the churches cannon and interpretation? Yes!
Scripture alone? No!

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things by, by whom also he made the worlds;

“Not by scripture alone”!

That’s the nail in the coffin of “Sola scriptura” it is dead and buried, “false doctrine” the doctrine of demons like all the sola’s!

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. Jn 1:17

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life! Jn 14:6

And this extends to His apostolic church, Christ and His church are one and inseparable! Acts 9:4 Jn 15:5 eph 5:32 acts 2:42

One shepherd and one fold! Jn 10:16

The truth of the Christian faith and the church are of divine origin and cannot be reformed!

Jesus Christ is the Light of the world! Jn 8:12
Apostolic church the light of the world! Matt 5:14

Must Hear Jesus Christ! Matt 17:5
Acts 3:23
Must Hear the apostolic church! Matt 18:17 1 Jn 4:6

Authority of Jesus Christ! Matt 28:17
Authority of the apostles! Jn 20:21

Jesus Christ has Reconciliation!
2 cor 5:19
Apostles have ministry of Reconciliation! 2 cor 5:18

Jesus Christ have power to forgive mens sins! Lk 5:20 Jn
Apostles have power to forgive mens sins! Jn 20:23

Jesus Christ is the truth! Jn 14:6
The apostolic church is the pillar of truth! 1 Tim 3:16

For the apostolic authority in Holy church decided and decreed (bound on earth / bound in heaven) the canon of Scripture, and is the only authentic interpreter of scripture!

The Christian faith is revealed by Christ!

Jesus Christ before ascending to heaven gave His apostles the fullness of truth, the apostolic church our mother and teacher is commanded by Him to teach and to sanctify with her sacraments (the promise of the spirit) all men unto eternal salvation! We are commanded to believe and obey! Matt 28:19

How can the Protestant concept: “sacred scripture is the only infallible source of truth” be true? There must be some infallible source that must tell us what is the canon of scripture & has authority to interpret scripture!

It is impossible to reject the church or her teaching without rejecting Christ who founded the church and revealed her teaching!

You cannot reject the kingdom established by the king and say I obey and submit to the king!

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church to teach and sanctify (baptize) all men unto eternal salvation! (Matt 28:19)

Christ and His church are one!
((Inseparable unity))
Acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 eph 5:32 Isa 53:5 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24
Too long to be read and understood.

Then you don’t believe in a real baptism only an appearance what does scripture and Christ say about doing things only for appearances?

Nowhere does scripture say simply an act of obedience

God says it is real!
Christ says it is real!
The church of the apostles and scripture say it’s real!

The real means of grace of justification!

“Accept Jesus Christ as your personal lord and savior is not in scripture!

No one has a personal lord and savior but our salvation is in common Jude 1:3
WOW!

When I study the New Testament, especially the book of Acts, it appears that baptism is the first act of obedience a believer takes after they are saved.

Christ said, “If you love me, you will obey my commandments.” Baptism is not an option. It’s a command. When we encourage our people to be baptized, we are encouraging them to obey Christ’s commands, not ours.

IT is hilarious to me that you would say that -----
“Accept Jesus Christ as your personal lord and savior is not in scripture!" when you in fact do not accept the Bible as the authority.

Don't you find that really hypocritical???

On one hand you accept the Immaculate Conception of Mary, and the veneration of Mary which is also not in the scriptures but you reject "Accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour".

Titus 3:5 is baptismal regeneration

Maybe you can understand this

The biblical mandate of God’s work of creation!

Water and the spirit!

First creation:

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

(water and the spirit)

Noah:

Gen 8:8 Also he sent forth a dove (representing the spirit) from him…

(Water and the spirit)

Red Sea:

Led thru the waters by the spirit.
Exodus 13:21
And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:

(Water and the spirit)

Josuha

Joshua and the people of Israel crossing of the Jordan led by the spirit.

Joshua 1:1 Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ minister, saying, 2 Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.

(Water and the spirit)

Prophecy of the new creation: (new covenant)

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you…
acts 2:38-39 “this promise” is fulfilled in the Christian sacrament of baptismal regeneration!

(Water and the Spirit)

Baptism of Jesus

Jn 1:31 I come baptizing with water. 32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

(Water and the spirit)

New creation by water and the spirit

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

(Water and the spirit)

Christian sacrament of baptismal regeneration is by: WATER AND THE SPIRIT!

No one is born again by:

“the spirit alone”!
Or
“Faith alone”!

Water AND the spirit is the biblical mandate!
No.

That is
because while there is no direct reference to baptism in Jesus’ words to Nicodemus, Scripture does frequently connect water imagery with regeneration. Jesus uses water and Spirit to refer to regeneration in John 3:5, and many other texts allude to the image of “washing” in connection with regeneration (Eph. 5:26; Titus 3:5) but NO WHERE in the Scriptures does is mandate baptism as a requirement to be saved.

All of the time you are wasting posting Catholic teachings could be spent reading and studying the Bible.

I provided multiple verses both old and new that say baptism is real
NO you have not.

You have posted multiple Scriptures that you have completely misunderstood and have looked at them only through the eyes of your Catholic blogs.

I never said baptism was not real! Again, you have misquoted me.

I actually have said several times that baptism is an act of Christ's command AFTER one is saved by faith in Christ!

Ok answer the questions if it’s “faith alone” or provide some early church teachers that say what you do

Faith alone” Questions

where does ez 36: 25:27 Say “faith alone”?

where does scripture says we have died with Christ by “faith alone”?

Where does it say we are sealed by faith alone?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

where does scripture say we are members of Christ and his church by “faith alone”?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

where does scripture says we put on Christ by “faith alone”?

Faith alone?

1 Timothy 1:14
And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
(Sound like faith alone?)
(Why a great amount of grace, don’t we just each need a tiny bit?)

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Where does scripture say our sins are washed away by “faith alone”?

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

where does scripture say we are saved or justified by “faith alone”?

1 pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!

The only reference in scripture to “faith alone” is James 2:24 NOT BY “FAITH ALONE”?

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

How can you enter by your own if it must be ministered to you? Baptism is done unto you, “not do it yourself by faith alone”

Ministered by the apostolic church!

2 Corinthians 8:19
And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:

Jn 3:5 born again by faith alone?

Where is “Accept Christ as your personal lord & savior” is found in scripture?

They did not go preaching this line but went immediately to the river and baptized Jn 3:22

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Eph 4:5 one baptism

Why don’t it say one teeny tiny little act of “faith alone”???

When we first believed we are saved?

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

How can salvation be nearer than when we first believed if you’re saved by believing?

1 pet 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.

How can salvation happen when we first believed if it’s the end?

If salvation is by “faith alone” then faith would be the greatest!
1 cor 13:13 charity is the greatest!

Even all faith much less “faith alone” without charity avails nothing!
1 cor 13:2

The early Catholic Church fathers say faith and baptism!

Eph 5:24 the church is subject to Christ and has always taught and practiced “baptismal regeneration” and never “faith alone” if anyone says we are justified by “faith alone” let them be anathema! (condemned)

Matt 28:19 disciples by faith and baptism
Not called to faith alone Phil 1:29

Three things faith, hope and charity!
Not faith alone! Greatest not faith, if salvation depended on faith alone faith would be the greatest! 1 cor 13:13

Phil 1:29 not only called to believe

Scripture does not support “faith alone”!
Much TOOOOO long of a post to be considered.

I will however respond to .......
"Ok answer the questions if it’s “faith alone” or provide some early church teachers that say what you do" but the rest I have to ignore.

1st of all, the idea that "Saved by faith alone" is not in the Bible and you as a Catholic hang your hat on that is laughable!!!!

The Immaculate Conception of Mary is not in the Bible but YOU believe it.
The Assumption of Mary id not in the Bible but you believe it.
The word POPE is not in the Bible but you believe it.
The teaching of the celibacy of priests is not in the Bible but you believe it.

The word here that you are not seeing is....."CONSISTANCY".

Now, as to "faith alone".......rejecting the doctrine of salvation by faith alone based James 2:24 has two major problems.

First, the context of James 2:24 is not arguing against the doctrine of salvation by faith alone.

Second, the Bible does not need to contain the precise phrase “faith alone” in order to clearly teach salvation by faith alone.

Example.....As a Catholic you believe in the Trinity but that word is also not in the Bible.
CONSISTANCY!

While James 2:24 is the only verse that contains the precise phrase “faith alone,” there are many other verses that do, in fact, teach salvation by faith alone. Any verse that ascribes salvation to faith/belief, with no other requirement mentioned, is a declaration that salvation is by faith alone.

Consider John 3:16 where it declares that salvation is given to “whoever believes in Him.”

Acts 16:31 proclaims, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.

Ephesians 2:8 says, “For by grace you have been saved through faith.”

See also Romans 3:28; 4:5; 5:1; Galatians 2:16; 3:24; Ephesians 1:13; and Philippians 3:9. Many other verses could be referenced in addition to these.

Having said that may I say to you that James 2:24 does not argue against salvation by faith alone. Rather, it argues against a salvation that is alone, a salvation devoid of good works and obedience to God’s Word.

James’s point is that we demonstrate our faith by what we do (James 2:18). Regardless of the absence of the precise phrase “faith alone,” the New Testament definitely teaches that salvation is the product of God’s grace in response to our faith. “Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? . . . On that of faith” (Romans 3:27). There is no other requirement.

Now I hope that you understand that I am not specifically posting this to YOU, but to those who read these posts all over the world so that they can read the correct BIBLE doctrines and not just Catholic theology.

No.

That is
because while there is no direct reference to baptism in Jesus’ words to Nicodemus, Scripture does frequently connect water imagery with regeneration. Jesus uses water and Spirit to refer to regeneration in John 3:5, and many other texts allude to the image of “washing” in connection with regeneration (Eph. 5:26; Titus 3:5) but NO WHERE in the Scriptures does is mandate baptism as a requirement to be saved.

All of the time you are wasting posting Catholic teachings could be spent reading and studying the Bible.
In post #444, you said baptism was the first act of obedience after we are saved.
Now you say it isn't a requirement to be saved.
As we won't know until the day of judgement whether or not we are saved, all acts of obedience will eventually result in our salvation.
All acts of disobedience will damn us.
You seem to be claiming the proverbial prize before the race is over.

Mary is!

Irenaeus “The Virgin Mary, being obedient to his word, received from an angel the glad tidings that she would bear God” (Against Heresies, 5:19:1 [A.D. 189]).

Hippolytus “[T]o all generations they [the prophets] have pictured forth the grandest subjects for contemplation and for action. Thus, too, they preached of the advent of God in the flesh to the world, his advent by the spotless and God-bearing (theotokos) Mary in the way of birth and growth” (Discourse on the End of the World 1 [A.D. 217]).

To reject the wisdom of the ECF’s, doctors, popes, saints is to refuse to believe and obey Christ! Matt 11:29
and scripture: Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 acts 1:8 acts 2:42
You did not answer the question of where and when did Mary go into the wilderness????

Quoting Catholic theologians is not an answer.

In Rev. 12, the woman there is given the wings of an eagle to aid her in her escape.
When did that happen to Mary??????

Rev. 12 says that the serpent sweeps away that woman with a flood.
When did that happen to Mary????

Rev. 12 then says the earth opens up and swallows the river.
When did that happen to Mary??????

Rev. 12 Finally, of course, says she escapes into the wilderness, where she is nourished by her God.
When did that happen to Mary???????????

Can you supply any evidence that it reflects what Mary herself experienced in person????

However, you have used "Fath Alone: not being in the Bible often so then lets have you consider that Rev 12:2.

It is clearly not about the Virgin Mary. AS WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE.

The facts are that in Rev. 12:2 we actually read “being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth.”

The coming of the sinless one cannot defile anyone nor bring to the woman pain in childbearing, which is the curse of Eve’s sin. So, Rev 12:2 is clearly about Israel, who “having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise” (Heb 11:39) but endured painful persecution waiting for the coming of the Lord.

In short, Rev.12: 2 is a reference to persecutions before the time of Christ.

In post #444, you said baptism was the first act of obedience after we are saved.
Now you say it isn't a requirement to be saved.
As we won't know until the day of judgement whether or not we are saved, all acts of obedience will eventually result in our salvation.
All acts of disobedience will damn us.
You seem to be claiming the proverbial prize before the race is over.
My dear friend.....With all love and respect, Please consider what you said.

You said.....
"In post #444, you said baptism was the first act of obedience after we are saved.
Now you say it isn't a requirement to be saved."

Again, and I will try to make what I said clear and simpler......
baptism is what we should do after we are saved because it is what Jesus commanded us to do. Therefore IMHO it is a command. For 50 years I always insisted that a lost man coming to Christ follow up in believers baptism, NOT to be saved but because they were saved.

I DID NOT say it was a requirement! I said it was something we do because we have accepted Christ as our Saviour.

I led several men to Christ on the battle field and many more sick and infirmed on their death bed to Christ and they were not baptised but I will see them in heaven because they accepted Christ by faith before they died.

No we are specifically “called” to suffer! Phil 1:29

Colossians 1:24
Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

What is lacking is our participation!
Right and wrong.

Phil 1;29 CONTEXTUALLY saying that those who work and witness for Christ WILL SUFFER.

I think it is better said that there are times when we suffer, at the hands of the world, because we are following the will of God.

No sir....that is not what I said.

Saved people need to confess their sins and repent but once they are saved they are saved forever.
Do they need to avoid sin and temptation?

How convenient!
Ok
Part (1)

We must believe and obey both Christ and the church He founded on the apostles (Matt 16:18-19) to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation! (Matt 28:19)

(Not scripture alone)
Sacred Scripture according to the churches cannon and interpretation? Yes!
Scripture alone? No!

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things by, by whom also he made the worlds;

“Not by scripture alone”!

That’s the nail in the coffin of “Sola scriptura” it is dead and buried, “false doctrine” the doctrine of demons like all the sola’s!

Part (2)

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. Jn 1:17

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life! Jn 14:6

And this extends to His apostolic church, Christ and His church are one and inseparable! Acts 9:4 Jn 15:5 eph 5:32 acts 2:42

One shepherd and one fold! Jn 10:16

The truth of the Christian faith and the church are of divine origin and cannot be reformed!

Jesus Christ is the Light of the world! Jn 8:12
Apostolic church the light of the world! Matt 5:14

Must Hear Jesus Christ! Matt 17:5
Acts 3:23
Must Hear the apostolic church! Matt 18:17 1 Jn 4:6

Part (3)

Authority of Jesus Christ! Matt 28:17
Authority of the apostles! Jn 20:21

Jesus Christ has Reconciliation!
2 cor 5:19
Apostles have ministry of Reconciliation! 2 cor 5:18

Jesus Christ have power to forgive mens sins! Lk 5:20 Jn
Apostles have power to forgive mens sins! Jn 20:23

Jesus Christ is the truth! Jn 14:6
The apostolic church is the pillar of truth! 1 Tim 3:16

For the apostolic authority in Holy church decided and decreed (bound on earth / bound in heaven) the canon of Scripture, and is the only authentic interpreter of scripture!

The Christian faith is revealed by Christ!

Jesus Christ before ascending to heaven gave His apostles the fullness of truth, the apostolic church our mother and teacher is commanded by Him to teach and to sanctify with her sacraments (the promise of the spirit) all men unto eternal salvation! We are commanded to believe and obey! Matt 28:19

Part (5)

How can the Protestant concept: “sacred scripture is the only infallible source of truth” be true? There must be some infallible source that must tell us what is the canon of scripture & has authority to interpret scripture!

It is impossible to reject the church or her teaching without rejecting Christ who founded the church and revealed her teaching!

You cannot reject the kingdom established by the king and say I obey and submit to the king!

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church to teach and sanctify (baptize) all men unto eternal salvation! (Matt 28:19)

((Inseparable unity))

255 what???
Dogma’s
Divinely revealed truth taught by the apostolic church at Christ’s command Matt 28:19

Short and concise statement of the Christian faith!

Creator God

1. God, our Creator and Lord, can be known with certainty, by the natural light of reason from created things.
*psalm 19:1
2. God’s existence is not merely an object of natural rational knowledge, but also an object of supernatural faith.
3. God’s Nature is incomprehensible to men.
4. The blessed in Heaven posses an immediate intuitive knowledge of the Divine Essence.
5. The Immediate Vision of God transcends the natural power of cognition of the human soul,
and is therefore supernatural.
6. The soul, for the Immediate Vision of God, requires the light of glory.
7. God’s Essence is also incomprehensible to the blessed in Heaven.
8. The Divine Attributes are really identical among themselves and with the Divine Essence.
9. God is absolutely perfect.
10. God is actually infinite in every perfection.
11. God is absolutely simple.
12. There is only One God.
*Deut. 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

You want all 255?

Most people who oppose dogma actually believe most of them !

Do they need to avoid sin and temptation?
The Bible clearly says that we can not avoid sin and temptation.

Sin comes from being tempted and Satan never ever stops temping us.

We can resist, and we can overcome temptation but because we all have an inherited sin nature, we tend to give in at one time or another.

You are free to your opinion and some will say that they are strong and can fight Satan and not give in to temptation to sin.

However, it should be noted that if we break one tittle of God's Law, we are guilty of breaking all of them as that is SIN.

IMHO....NO ONE is that strong and able to resist.

It may be the picture of a woman that brings lust to your mind = SIN.
It may be a tax deduction that you did not think was important = SIN.
It may be a little white lie that you dont think hurts anyone = SIN.
It may be that you did not give honor to your parents as they age= SIN.

Part (5)

((Inseparable unity))
Because the Scriptures say so my friend.............
1 Timoth 3:15............
"ALL Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,"

Since Protestants believe the Scriptures are God's Word we believe that the Word of God is authoritative.

Jesus is the Christ. He is the cornerstone of the church but the church itself is made up of sinners.

Paul himself said that "I am the chief of all sinners".

My friend, YOU are a sinner.
I am a sinner.
Mary was a sinner.
The Pope is a sinner.

Romans 3:23 is true and factual whether you believe it or not in that.........
"ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God"

THAT is whay Jesus died for us. He now stands between the Father and the sinner.

Dogma’s
Divinely revealed truth taught by the apostolic church at Christ’s command Matt 28:19

Short and concise statement of the Christian faith!

Creator God

1. God, our Creator and Lord, can be known with certainty, by the natural light of reason from created things.
*psalm 19:1
2. God’s existence is not merely an object of natural rational knowledge, but also an object of supernatural faith.
3. God’s Nature is incomprehensible to men.
4. The blessed in Heaven posses an immediate intuitive knowledge of the Divine Essence.
5. The Immediate Vision of God transcends the natural power of cognition of the human soul,
and is therefore supernatural.
6. The soul, for the Immediate Vision of God, requires the light of glory.
7. God’s Essence is also incomprehensible to the blessed in Heaven.
8. The Divine Attributes are really identical among themselves and with the Divine Essence.
9. God is absolutely perfect.
10. God is actually infinite in every perfection.
11. God is absolutely simple.
12. There is only One God.
*Deut. 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

You want all 255?

Most people who oppose dogma actually believe most of them !
NO. You post 255 and that meant nothing to me.

In case you did not know this, Dogmas, are the teachings of the Catholic Church that are specified as necessary to be believed. By their very nature, dogmas are intellectual propositions that spell out certain Catholic beliefs.

Now the reason you are so adamite in your postings is really very simple.
The "dogmas" you are believing are "Mandatory" for you.
They’re mandatory—like the net is for tennis or home plate in baseball.

The Catholic dogmas however only apply to Catholic believers.

Protestant believers are not affted by Catholic dogmas as may are not Biblical.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back