Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Call No Man Father

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Again.......Thanks for the comment. Now lets be correct in all that we post as thoughts and opinions can be dangereous.

So then, According to the Roman Catholic Church, the Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church we read............
"In their apostolic tradition is “the transmission of the message of Christ, brought about from the very beginnings of Christianity by means of preaching, bearing witness, institutions, worship, and inspired writings. The apostles transmitted all they received from Christ and learned from the Holy Spirit to their successors, the bishops, and through them to all generations until the end of the world”.

What does that mean. It means that among Catholics, and you and a Catholic believer accept apostolic tradition is seen as a special revelation of God, distinct from the written Word, that the apostles passed down to the early church. It is an authoritative supplement to Scripture.

2nd Thessalonians 2:15 mentions “tradition” in some translations and we read there.....
“Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle”.

If you then read the ESV and The NIV you will see that it says simply says “teachings.”

Paul cites both his oral teaching and his written epistles as authoritative for the church. So then, There is nothing here, though, that would suggest apostolic succession or a lasting body of oral tradition distinct from the written Word. NOTHING!!

Paul, who had been teaching for many years before he wrote any epistle, is simply saying that his previous instructions delivered in Thessalonica were to be followed, as were those contained in his first letter to them. In other words, Paul is saying, “Hold fast to what I directly taught, whether I said it when I was with you, or wrote it after I left.”

The key to all of this is that what Paul had taught the Thessalonian church can all be found in the Bible. There is nothing in 2 Thessalonians 2:15 that teaches acceptance of indirect teaching “traditionally” attributed to the apostles.
The teaching authority of Christ in his church is in the persons in of the apostles!

An apostle has a threefold office

Teaching
Sanctifying
Government administration

Keys of jurisdictional authority! Open and shut And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments for the forgiveness of sin.

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

Apostles still required

(Not a fan of the ccc, but I realize it is easier to access that the catechism (teaching) of the council of Trent)

WOW!

You can not how you are blessing me! You are makeing comments and posts and I do not even have to ask you this stuff.

There IS NO SUCH THING AS THE PERPETUAL VIRGINITY OF CHRIST.

If you mad a mistake and meant Perpetual Virginity of Mary.......NO.

Since the Perpetual Virginity is not found anywhere in the Bible, it can not therefore bean article of faith in salvation.

Again.....realize that I am teaching you from the Bible and you are only able to grasp Catholic teachings,
however I feel as though I need to tell you that the Apostles Matthew and Mark, Both state that Mary had other sons and daughters in Matt. 13:55-56.........
“Is this not the carpenter’s son? Is not His mother called Mary? And His brothers James, Joses, Simon, and Judas? And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this Man get all these things?”

Mark 6:3.....
“Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?” So they were offended at Him”.

Now, before you try to use the Catholic theology to say that BROTHERS mean "Cousins".........
May I say again to you that neither Matthew or Mark used the original Greek words for "cousins"!

WHY NOT??? Why didn’t they use the Greek words for cousins which is anepsios or relatives = suggenes? ??

The Greek word for “cousin” was used in the NT in Colossians 4:10 and “relative” was used in Luke 1:36? Instead, both Matthew and Mark used the words for brothers (adelphos) and sisters (adelphe).

Please do not accept my understanding of the Greek. YOU do the same work that I have done and YOU find out for yourself.

Matthew mentioned that Jesus had siblings (ch. 12:46–50).
Luke in the book of Acts also mentioned Jesus’ brothers (Acts 1:12–14).

Also, Jesus in Mark 3:32–35 and Luke 8:19–21 differentiated between His physical brothers and mother and His spiritual brothers and mother.

In addition, the apostle Paul stated that Jesus had a brother (Galatians 1:19).
Sorry my spell check is it own purgatory!

Perpetual virginity of Mary!
Luther says it is an article of faith and an article of faith is necessary for salvation?

It’s a Jesus the carpenters Son?

Does that mean it MUST mean biological brothers?

Hebrew culture any close relative s a brother line lot and Abraham who are in reality uncle and nephew

They are not the children of Mary!

Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!
Matt 10:2-3

In Hebrew culture any close relative can be called brother or sister, lot was called Abraham’s brother but was his nephew.

Gen 12:5 and Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son..

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

The 12 sons of Jacob are brothers but all are not the children of Leah and all are not the children of Rachel! They had 4 mother’s, These may be brothers but they are simply not the children of One mother and the brothers of Jesus are not the children of Mary!

Brothers of Jesus Not the children of Mary!

Matthew 13:55
Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Matthew 27:56
Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedees children.

Acts 4:36
And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

(Cannot be Mary’s child, Mary was of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!) Lk 1:32-33

Is Mary the mother of James?
If you mean the Blessed Virgin Mary then no. Her sister-in-law, Mary of Clopas, was the wife of Alphaeus (St. Joseph's brother), and mother of Simon, Joseph, and the apostles Judas Thaddeus, and James (the Less, brother of the Lord): Jesus' cousins.

Lk 24:10 another mother of James not Mary the mother of Jesus Christ!

Mk 15:1 & Mk 15:47 mother of Joses not Mary the mother of Jesus Christ!

The "sisters" of Jesus refer to women disciples

Salome, or Mary Salome, was the wife of Zebedee, and mother of apostles John (the beloved), and James (the greater).

Regarding Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3, two of the four "brethren" are James and Judas of Alphaeus (cf. Mat. 10:2-3, Lk. 6:15-16, Act. 1:13). The third, Joseph, is identified in Mk. 15:40 as the brother of James of Alphaeus. The fourth, Simon, is identified in Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3 as the brother of Joseph, James, and Judas of Alphaeus. Therefore, all four are were the sons of Alphaeus, not St. Joseph and the Blessed Virgin Mary.

When Jesus was twelve they went up to Jerusalem, the holy family, Joseph, Mary, and Jesus. Where are the brothers and sisters?

Jesus on the cross gives His mother to John, why? Why not James or a brother? Perhaps the law of Moses requires a mother to be given to the next oldest son? Because he was an only Son!
Only begotten of the Father, only begotten of the Mother.

Thks

NOPE.

Again.....you are only posting Catholic doctrine as a good Catholic. Nothing you said is Biblical and I do not accept Catholic teaching outside of the Word of God.
All I have was scripture quotes?

A stratagem it’s not his church so we don’t have to believe and obey!

The atheists do the same there is no God so we don’t have to obey the moral law!

Thks

But what does Christ say?

Lk 10:16

Luke 10:16
He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

Jn 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Thks

Again.......way tooooo many words to be assmilated.
Two very simple concepts

Christ and his church are one!

Christ and his church teach us!

Fully documented

But it’s TMI so I don’t have to believe or obey

Spiritual anarchy I believe they call it!

Thks

Too long of a post for me to consider.

I have asked you several times to post ONE question at a time and you refuse.

Easy answer, you are incorrect on your Bible understand and someone has fed you a bucket of false information.
Do you really think false information will gender obedience to God ?

Agreed but it does not extend to the church.

Jesus is the way the truth and the life!

There is NO SCRIPTURE THAT SUGGESTS.....
"the church for Christ and his church are one and accomplish the same purpose “the salvation of souls! Matt 16:18-19 Matt 28:19 Jn 20:21 acts 9:4 eph 5:24 eph 5:32"

None of those posted Scriptures say or mean what you want them to say.
Of course they do!

Matt 16:18-19 Christ alone has authority to establish the church!
The church is endowed with His authority!
Peter being declared the blessed visible head of the church and vicar of Christ!

Matt 28:19 Christ commanded his church to teach and sanctify!

Jn 20:21 same as Christ!
Same power and authority!

Acts 1:8 the church of the apostles is His witness to the ends of the earth!

Acts 9:4 Saul was persecuting the church, Christ said why persecute me! Church and Christ are one and the same!

Eph 5:32 union s a mystery
The mystical body of Christ

Jn 15:5 apart from him nothing, even if you have “faith alone” or even all faith 1 cor 13:2

Jn 15:4 abide in him and bear fruit

The scripture says many of the same things of the apostolic church as it does Christ!

Light of the world: Jn 8:12 / Matt 5:14
Hear: Matt 17:5 acts 3:22 / Matt 18:17
Authority: Matt 28:17 / Jn 20:21
Reconciliation: 2 cor 5:19 / 2 cor 5:18
Forgive sins: Lk 5:20 / Jn 20:23

Truth: Jn 14:6 / 1 Tim 3:15

Jesus Christ and His church are one acts 9:4 eph 5:32 and the only means of salvation! Matt 28:19
acts 16:17

Thks

Of course they do!

Matt 16:18-19 Christ alone has authority to establish the church!
The church is endowed with His authority!
Peter being declared the blessed visible head of the church and vicar of Christ!

Matt 28:19 Christ commanded his church to teach and sanctify!

Jn 20:21 same as Christ!
Same power and authority!

Acts 1:8 the church of the apostles is His witness to the ends of the earth!

Acts 9:4 Saul was persecuting the church, Christ said why persecute me! Church and Christ are one and the same!

Eph 5:32 union s a mystery
The mystical body of Christ

Jn 15:5 apart from him nothing, even if you have “faith alone” or even all faith 1 cor 13:2

Jn 15:4 abide in him and bear fruit

The scripture says many of the same things of the apostolic church as it does Christ!

Light of the world: Jn 8:12 / Matt 5:14
Hear: Matt 17:5 acts 3:22 / Matt 18:17
Authority: Matt 28:17 / Jn 20:21
Reconciliation: 2 cor 5:19 / 2 cor 5:18
Forgive sins: Lk 5:20 / Jn 20:23

Truth: Jn 14:6 / 1 Tim 3:15

Jesus Christ and His church are one acts 9:4 eph 5:32 and the only means of salvation! Matt 28:19
acts 16:17

Thks
Unfortunity you once again post Catholic theology and and not Bible truth.

The church has nothing to do with our salvation!

The Bible tells us that Salvation is purposed by the Father, accomplished by the Son, and applied by the Holy Spirit. Our salvation is in Christ alone.

Anything other that that is heresy!

Do you really think false information will gender obedience to God ?
No sir. Anyone who teaches false information is a "False prophet" and the Bible says that they are in danger of being stoning = death.

That is why I speak only Bible truth and leave my opinions and "wants" out of the equation.

Two very simple concepts

Christ and his church are one!

Christ and his church teach us!

Fully documented

But it’s TMI so I don’t have to believe or obey

Spiritual anarchy I believe they call it!

Thks
It is clear that you are indoctrinated in the doctrine that "Outside the Church there is no salvation".
I would expect nothing else from a devout Catholic.

How are we saved?

The Bible says we are saved by believing upon the Lord Jesus Christ. There is NO mention of being a church member in the Bible.

All I have was scripture quotes?

A stratagem it’s not his church so we don’t have to believe and obey!

The atheists do the same there is no God so we don’t have to obey the moral law!

Thks
Yes you have posted many Scriptures, however the ones you post have nothing to do with the topic you are talking about.

Who in this discussion said that we do not have to obey the moral laws of God???????

Sorry my spell check is it own purgatory!

Perpetual virginity of Mary!
Luther says it is an article of faith and an article of faith is necessary for salvation?

It’s a Jesus the carpenters Son?

Does that mean it MUST mean biological brothers?

Hebrew culture any close relative s a brother line lot and Abraham who are in reality uncle and nephew

They are not the children of Mary!

Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!
Matt 10:2-3

In Hebrew culture any close relative can be called brother or sister, lot was called Abraham’s brother but was his nephew.

Gen 12:5 and Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son..

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

The 12 sons of Jacob are brothers but all are not the children of Leah and all are not the children of Rachel! They had 4 mother’s, These may be brothers but they are simply not the children of One mother and the brothers of Jesus are not the children of Mary!

Brothers of Jesus Not the children of Mary!

Matthew 13:55
Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Matthew 27:56
Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedees children.

Acts 4:36
And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

(Cannot be Mary’s child, Mary was of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!) Lk 1:32-33

Is Mary the mother of James?
If you mean the Blessed Virgin Mary then no. Her sister-in-law, Mary of Clopas, was the wife of Alphaeus (St. Joseph's brother), and mother of Simon, Joseph, and the apostles Judas Thaddeus, and James (the Less, brother of the Lord): Jesus' cousins.

Lk 24:10 another mother of James not Mary the mother of Jesus Christ!

Mk 15:1 & Mk 15:47 mother of Joses not Mary the mother of Jesus Christ!

The "sisters" of Jesus refer to women disciples

Salome, or Mary Salome, was the wife of Zebedee, and mother of apostles John (the beloved), and James (the greater).

Regarding Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3, two of the four "brethren" are James and Judas of Alphaeus (cf. Mat. 10:2-3, Lk. 6:15-16, Act. 1:13). The third, Joseph, is identified in Mk. 15:40 as the brother of James of Alphaeus. The fourth, Simon, is identified in Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3 as the brother of Joseph, James, and Judas of Alphaeus. Therefore, all four are were the sons of Alphaeus, not St. Joseph and the Blessed Virgin Mary.

When Jesus was twelve they went up to Jerusalem, the holy family, Joseph, Mary, and Jesus. Where are the brothers and sisters?

Jesus on the cross gives His mother to John, why? Why not James or a brother? Perhaps the law of Moses requires a mother to be given to the next oldest son? Because he was an only Son!
Only begotten of the Father, only begotten of the Mother.

Thks
Again.....you have posted several Scriptures to support Mary's Perpetual virginity.

However.....NONE of them do that. NONE of them even hint at such a thing!

Again (x4).....the literal words IN Greek used by Matthew and Mark clealy say ...."Brothers & Sisters".
They do not say cousins or friends or relatives. The words are "BROTHERS and SISTERS"!

Now all of the stuff you are saying to distort the truth of God's Word is simply manucia!

The teaching authority of Christ in his church is in the persons in of the apostles!

An apostle has a threefold office

Teaching
Sanctifying
Government administration

Keys of jurisdictional authority! Open and shut And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments for the forgiveness of sin.

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

Apostles still required

(Not a fan of the ccc, but I realize it is easier to access that the catechism (teaching) of the council of Trent)
There is NO SUCH office as an Apostle today.

These men were given the task of setting up the foundation of the church. It should be understood that it was for the universal church that these men were a part of the foundation (Ephesians 2:20). The foundation of the church (universal church) was laid in the first century. This is why the office of apostle is no longer functioning.

An Apostle had to be an eyewitness of the Resurrection of Jesus.
An Apostle kad to have been personally commissioned by Jesus.

NO ONE alive since the Apostle John meets those qualifications!

Thanks fro the questions.

Are the Scriptures sacred......YES.

Are the Scripture all we need to be saved?.......YES!

You asked....
"How do we know what is sacred scripture since the Bible does not say?"

Now.......The Bible does not say TRINITY but you believe it! So why the difference????
INCONSISTANCY is the prescription for disaster and delusion!

Is the Bible the written word of God......YES!

The 66 books of the accepted canon are the Words of God.

The others that make up the Apocrypha are unbiblical, uninspired and are in fact Occultic!
No
Thanks fro the questions.

Are the Scriptures sacred......YES.

Are the Scripture all we need to be saved?.......YES!

You asked....
"How do we know what is sacred scripture since the Bible does not say?"

Now.......The Bible does not say TRINITY but you believe it! So why the difference????
INCONSISTANCY is the prescription for disaster and delusion!

Is the Bible the written word of God......YES!

The 66 books of the accepted canon are the Words of God.

The others that make up the Apocrypha are unbiblical, uninspired and are in fact Occultic!
no we need to be members of Christ in His new covenant church. 1 cor 12:13

Christ is not just a doctrine to be believed by faith alone!

He is also a divine person who became man and died for us men and our salvation as a propitiatory sacrifice who merits must be applied to our spiritual souls to be cleansed from all sin.
Also He is the mediator of the covenant requiring union with Him & His grace!

Holy apostolic council and f Florence with the authority of Christ says 73 complete books

What do have against Daniel chapter 13 and the beautiful faith story of holy Susana?

Thks

No cos I believe Christ and his church are one unity! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

To reject the church is the same as rejecting Christ who established the church!

To reject the teaching of the church is to reject Christ who reveal it and commanded it be taught !

Christ established the church of the apostles to teach and sanctify of men unto eternal salvation! Matt 28:19
Matt 28:19 includes baptism

Covenants require an outward sign that signifies what it accomplishes
Washing both body water (outward) and soul (inward) by grace

Christ instituted the sacraments of the life of grace! Jn 1:16-17 Jn 10:10 Jn 14:6 eph 2:1 & 2:5 the life of God in us, grace!

Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

(Key verse! Actions speak louder than words: verse 22)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism / water)

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptismal regeneration! Not salvation proper but the beginning of salvation, union with God and the communion of saints by the grace of Jesus Christ the mediator of the new covenant!
Jn 15:4 Matt 24:13

baptismal regeneration!
A new creation in Christ! 2 cor 5:17
Jn 1 JTB prepared the way by baptism!
Jn 2 the waters of purification are OT prefigurement of baptism!
Jn 3:5 born again means baptism
Jn 3:22 they immediately went to the river! Not to preach “accept Christ as personal lord and savior”
But to BAPTIZE!!!
God always establishes peace and order by obedience to the fathers who administer grace and care for our souls!

Silly questions. As much as I have posted here for you and then ask those questions is a waste of my time to respond.

We saved by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ plus nothing!

Maty hand Joseph had at least 6 children according to the Bible.
What about in childbearing?

1 Timothy 2:15
Notwithstanding she shall be saved inchildbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

The big “if”!

Rom 11:22
Col 1:21-23
Col 2-5
Heb 12:22-25
Heb 6:4-9
Heb 3:4-6
Jn 2:24-25
2 Tim 2:11-13
Rom 8:17
Matt 28:20
Acts 1:2
Jn 15:4
Mk 13:13
Matt 24:13

If you think you are saved by quote “faith alone” question can you be glorified? Without suffering?

Thks

The length that you go to, to try and make something Biblical is astonishing!

Moses was not an apostle so your example of him is not applicable!

The New Test. Scriptures do not say one single thing about apostolic succession which moves me ask you.....
why did you use them????
These men who sat down n the seat of Moses were his successors and had the “kingdom authority” with power and keys!

Christ established a new covenant taking it from them and giving it to Peter and the apostles and their required successors!

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesar’s) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Daniel 6:26
I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.

Daniel 7:14
And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Matt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Thks

How can you believe in the Trinity when that word is not in the Bible but you then belive in the Immaculate Conception of Mary and those words are not in the Bible either.
Where does it say the name must be in scripture?

Or the doctrine for that matter?

Is it revealed by Christ and taught by his church? Yes then we believe and obey!

Thanks

How can you believe in the Trinity when that word is not in the Bible but you then belive in the Immaculate Conception of Mary and those words are not in the Bible either.
Scripture never says every truth revealed is in scripture just the opposite Jn 21:24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

(((Not scripture alone)))

I realize that you are working off of Catholic teachings, however in the real world, Martin Luther was openly critical of James, and he wondered whether the epistle belonged in our Bibles, but he never formally proposed it should be removed.

Luther’s biggest issue with the Book of James was that it appeared to contradict Paul, and it seemed to oppose the doctrine of justification by faith alone, which was a central tenet of the Protestant movement.

But.....what does that have to do with James being the 1/2 brother of Jesus?
That’s why they remove books from the Bible to eliminate the basis of doctrines that they oppose

Where does scripture say James is the 1/2 bother of Jesus?

Is Jesus the carpenter’s son?
The son of Joseph? Jn 1:45

Matt 1:20 or conceived by the HS?

Do you deny the virgin birth of Christ?

Thanks

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back