Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Call No Man Father

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The brothers (1/2) of Jesus are the children of MARY and Joseph and He also has at least TWO sisters.

The only reason you do not accept the Bible truth of that fact is because it destroys the false teaching of Mary's perpetual virginity.

It then leaves you with only two choice.................
1. Accept the Word of God as the truth.
2. Accept the word of your denomination.

The actual word in original Greek is BROTHERS and it is not "Cousins". There is no debate over that my friend.

NO. Lot in the Bible was the nephew of Abraham.
Same answer.....in the original Hebreww of the Old Test......the word used in "Nephew" and is not tranlated as Brother.

Jacob had twelve sons by four women12:
  • Leah: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun
  • Rachel: Joseph, Benjamin
  • Leah’s handmaid Zilpah: Gad, Asher
  • Rachel’s handmaid Bilhah: Dan, Naphtali
You said..........
"But Rachel is the spiritual mother of all the children of Israel!"
I do not know where you are going with that, but did you know that she died very young in childbirth delivering Benjamin, the 2nd child.

Also, are you aware that when Rachel left her fathers home in Genesis 31, she stole all of his idols????

When her fathe Laben hunts for them, Rachel hides them by sitting on them. Thus, the story seemed to end favorably. But, is it really the end?

Shortly after arriving in the land, Rachel unexpectedly dies in childbirth. Most readers do not see any connection between her death and Laban’s search in chapter 31. Yet Jewish commentators connect this tragic event to Jacob’s oath to Laban: With whomever you find your gods, do not let him live.’

This oath was fulfilled—not by Laban, but by God Himself: the one who had stolen, had to die.

The Hebrew shows that both Jacob and Rachel realized this connection as well. The name that the dying mother gives to her son – Ben-Oni – means “the son of my iniquity” (און שלי, “my evil”). Understandably, Jacob did not want the child to carry this name, therefore he called him Benjamin, “son of the right hand,” which may be also interpreted as “son of the oath,” since the right hand in the Bible often symbolizes an oath.

Now, is that who you think is the mother of Israel?????
An oath is a sacrament

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.

Lot and Abraham are not brothers according to genesis? Really?

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!
Matt 10:2-3

Matthew 13:55
Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Matthew 27:56
Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedees children.

Acts 4:36
And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

(Cannot be Mary’s child, Mary was of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!) Lk 1:32-33

Is Mary the mother of James?
If you mean the Blessed Virgin Mary then no. Her sister-in-law, Mary of Clopas, was the wife of Alphaeus (St. Joseph's brother), and mother of Simon, Joseph, and the apostles Judas Thaddeus, and James (the Less, brother of the Lord): Jesus' cousins.

Lk 24:10 another mother of James not Mary the mother of Jesus Christ!

Mk 15:1 & Mk 15:47 mother of Joses not Mary the mother of Jesus Christ!

Where are all these supposed children of Mary and Joseph when Christ was 12 going to the temple?

And at the cross his brothers would take care of Mary not his apostle?

Thks

And Christ is the Word of God.

Jon 1:1........
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God."
We finally agree!

The way, the truth, and the life! Jn 14:6 are you still with me?

NOPE.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the author of the entire Bible.

Colossians 1:16.........
" For in him (Christ) all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him."
The church recognizes that which is canonical; it does not establish the canon.

A book is canonical because it has been recognized by the church. For the church’s sake, a book is canonical because it is the Word of God and declared to be the Word of God.
It is His church and does nothing apart from Christ Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

That’s why they remove books from the Bible to eliminate the basis of doctrines that they oppose

Where does scripture say James is the 1/2 bother of Jesus?

Is Jesus the carpenter’s son?
The son of Joseph? Jn 1:45

Matt 1:20 or conceived by the HS?

Do you deny the virgin birth of Christ?

Thanks
Now, I have posted the Scriptures from the Bible 3 times for you about the 1.2 brothers and sisters of Jesus. WHY do you ask me to do that again?????

The Father of Jesus if God. The mother of Jesus is the virgin Mary. Joseph is Mary's earthly husband.
Now.....do you need for me to post those Scriptures for you as well?

Matthew 12:46 (ESV)
"While he was still speaking to the people, behold, his mother and his brothers stood outside, asking to speak to him."

Luke 8:19.....(ESV)
"Then his mother and his brothers came to him, but they could not reach him because of the crowd."

Mark 3:31....(ESV)
"Then his mother and his brothers came to him, but they could not reach him because of the crowd."

Matt. 13:55...(ESV)
"Is not this the carpenter 's son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?"

Matt. 13:56 (ESV)
" And are not all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?"

John 7:1-4 (ESV)
"After this Jesus went about in Galilee. He would not go about in Judea, because the Jews were seeking to kill him. 2 Now the Jews ' Feast of Booths was at hand. 3 So his brothers said to him, "Leave here and go to Judea, that your disciples also may see the works you are doing."

Acts 1:14
"All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and his brothers."

Galatians 1:19......
"But I saw none of the other apostles except James the Lord 's brother."

Now, YOU as a Roman Catholic will claim that these “brothers” were actually Jesus’ cousins.
However, in each instance, the specific Greek word for “brother” is used and it literally means PHYSICAL BROTHER!. The Greek word for "cousin" is a totally different word!.

Now you will not accept these Scriptures and we both know that. Further, just to make your explination even more impossible.........if they were Jesus’ cousins, why would they so often be described as being with Mary, Jesus’ mother?

There is nothing in the context of His mother and brothers coming to see Him that even hints that they were anyone other than His literal, blood-related, half-brothers.

Now, again, we already know that since your argument has been proven wrong by the Word of God, you will now go to the Catholic explination and use the excuse that Jesus’ brothers and sisters were the children of Joseph from a previous marriage.

Please, when you try to do that, make sure you understand that the
entire theory of Joseph’s being significantly older than Mary, having been previously married, having multiple children, and then being widowed before marrying Mary is invented without any biblical basis or historical documentation..

The problem with this is that the Bible does not even hint that Joseph was married or had children before he married Mary. If Joseph had at least six children before he married Mary, why are they not mentioned in Joseph and Mary’s trip to Bethlehem (Luke 2:4-7) or their trip to Egypt (Matthew 2:13-15) or their trip back to Nazareth (Matthew 2:20-23)?

There is no biblical reason to believe that these siblings are anything other than the actual children of Joseph and Mary. Those who oppose the idea that Jesus had half-brothers and half-sisters do so, not from a reading of Scripture, but from a preconceived concept of the perpetual virginity of Mary, which is itself clearly unbiblical: “But he [Joseph] had no union with her [Mary] until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus” (Matthew 1:25). Jesus had half-siblings, half-brothers and half-sisters, who were the children of Joseph and Mary. That is the clear and unambiguous teaching of God’s Word.

It is His church and does nothing apart from Christ Jn 15:5 eph 5:24
According to what you have been taught, only Catholics go to heaven.

According to what God says....All who accept the Lord Jesus as the Christ go to heaven.

The church is of great importance, yet the Bible is clear that the way to heaven is by faith in Christ alone. Ephesians 2:8-9 notes there are no works involved in earning our way to heaven: "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." Going to church is a good thing, but it is not meritorious—it does not merit eternal life.

A person's church involvement does not determine entrance into heaven. Going to church doesn't make a person saved. However, the Bible does emphasize the importance of Christian fellowship in a local church. The word translated "church" is the Greek word ekklesia, a reference to an assembly meaning "called out." The church is not a building, but rather the "called out" ones of God, the gathering of people with faith in Jesus Christ.

If belonging to the Catholic church is a requirement of salvation and makes a lost man saved.......
then if I go and stand in my garage, then I am a car.

That in essence is what your theology is telling you!

Scripture never says every truth revealed is in scripture just the opposite Jn 21:24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

(((Not scripture alone)))
It depends entirely on what you think revealed truth is dosent it!

Does the Bible explain how to do brain surgery.....NO. Is brain surgery done....YES!
Does the Bible explain how to build a Car.................NO..Do you drive a car..........YES!
Does the Bible explain how to play baseball.............NO..Have you seen basball played...YES.

As far as how a man is saved, the Bible and only the Bible gives that explination and it is only by faith in Jesus as the Christ for the payment of YOUR sins.

It is clearly worded and unequivocal in Ephesians 2:8-9 ....
“It is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.”

It is a waste of my time to post these Scriptures as you have already said that you do not accept the Word of God but Other passages that clearly teach salvation through faith alone include Acts 16:31; Romans 3:28; 4:5; 5:1; Galatians 2:16; 3:24; Ephesians 1:13; and Philippians 3:9.

We are justified by God by grace alone; on the basis of Christ’s blood and righteousness alone; through the means, or instrument, of faith alone; for the ultimate glory of God alone; as taught with final and decisive authority in Scripture alone.”

All five phrases of SOLA serve to modify God’s work of justification — how sinners gain a right standing with God so that he is one hundred percent for us and not against us.

Last edited:
Unfortunity you once again post Catholic theology and and not Bible truth.

The church has nothing to do with our salvation!

The Bible tells us that Salvation is purposed by the Father, accomplished by the Son, and applied by the Holy Spirit. Our salvation is in Christ alone.

Anything other that that is heresy!
Member of the church is not required for salvation!

You are actually saying: “the boat of Noah was not required to save Noah and his family from the flood”!

All who were not in the boat died!

All who are not visible united with christ (mediator) in His new covenant church the communion of saints shall die in their sins!

life in Christ and his church!

The Ark of Salvation!

Only Jesus Christ had authority to found the holy church on Peter and the apostles and their successors all others are heretical sects of the tradition of men!

The church is founded by Christ and the sacraments are instituted by Christ for the salvation of all men!

The church and Jesus are one: acts 9:4 Jn 15:1-5 eph 5:32

The church and the sacraments are necessary for and the means of salvation and the life of grace!

Redemption: Eph 2
Justification: Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 Acts 2:38
Sanctification: Jn 1:16 Jn 10:10 Jn 15:5
Salvation: Matt 24:13 Rom 13:11

The body of Christ:
1 Corinthians 12:27

The one true church:
Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

The household of faith:
Gal 6:10

The house of God:
1 Tim 3:15

The church of the living God:

The kingdom of God on earth:
Dan 2:44 Matt 6:33 Matt 16:18 Matt 12:28 Mk 1:15 Jn 3:3-5 Acts 8:12 1 Cor 4:20 Col 4:11 1 Thes 2:12 Rev 1:9 12:10

The new and eternal covenant:
The one fold of Christ:

The new covenant body of Christ church is an ark, the ark of Peter, the ark of Noah was a type, all those outside the ark died, and all those outside the church die spiritually, there is no life outside of Noah’s ark and there is no spiritual life or salvation outside of the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles!

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by baptism!

Ez 36:25 I (God) shall sprinkle you with pure water, and you shall be white as snow!

Jn 1:5-5 abide in Him, apart from Him you can do nothing.

God provides for everything:
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

He is the way we must follow!
He is the truth we must believe!
He is the life, life of grace thru the sacraments of the church in which we must live!

Abide in Christ and His church with grace and life provided by God thru the sacraments!

Sacramental life: Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. Jn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

What about in childbearing?

1 Timothy 2:15
Notwithstanding she shall be saved inchildbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

The big “if”!

Rom 11:22
Col 1:21-23
Col 2-5
Heb 12:22-25
Heb 6:4-9
Heb 3:4-6
Jn 2:24-25
2 Tim 2:11-13
Rom 8:17
Matt 28:20
Acts 1:2
Jn 15:4
Mk 13:13
Matt 24:13

If you think you are saved by quote “faith alone” question can you be glorified? Without suffering?

Thks
Now YOU are getting really desperate. I hate to say that as we have been having a really good discussion, but YOU have now CHANGED the Word of God to make it say what you want it to say to match Catholic dogma.

1 Timothy 2:15 that you just posted says.........
" Yet she will be saved through childbearing — if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control."

Now, either by hook or crook, what YOU posted was............
"Notwithstanding she shall be saved inchildbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety."

Somehow, through got changed to IN.

We all wonder HOW that happened?????

Romans 10:9 stands as posted. It witth the mouth that confession is made from the conviction made IN the heart.

I would think that the ethics of this site would motivate you to correct or explain how this happened.

I know that if it was "ME" how this happened to, you would be demanding an explination.....Correct?

Member of the church is not required for salvation!

You are actually saying: “the boat of Noah was not required to save Noah and his family from the flood”!

All who were not in the boat died!

All who are not visible united with christ (mediator) in His new covenant church the communion of saints shall die in their sins!

life in Christ and his church!

The Ark of Salvation!

Only Jesus Christ had authority to found the holy church on Peter and the apostles and their successors all others are heretical sects of the tradition of men!

The church is founded by Christ and the sacraments are instituted by Christ for the salvation of all men!

The church and Jesus are one: acts 9:4 Jn 15:1-5 eph 5:32

The church and the sacraments are necessary for and the means of salvation and the life of grace!

Redemption: Eph 2
Justification: Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 Acts 2:38
Sanctification: Jn 1:16 Jn 10:10 Jn 15:5
Salvation: Matt 24:13 Rom 13:11

The body of Christ:
1 Corinthians 12:27

The one true church:
Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

The household of faith:
Gal 6:10

The house of God:

The church of the living God:

The kingdom of God on earth:
Dan 2:44 Matt 6:33 Matt 16:18 Matt 12:28 Mk 1:15 Jn 3:3-5 Acts 8:12 1 Cor 4:20 Col 4:11 1 Thes 2:12 Rev 1:9 12:10

The new and eternal covenant:
The one fold of Christ:

The new covenant body of Christ church is an ark, the ark of Peter, the ark of Noah was a type, all those outside the ark died, and all those outside the church die spiritually, there is no life outside of Noah’s ark and there is no spiritual life or salvation outside of the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles!

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by baptism!

Ez 36:25 I (God) shall sprinkle you with pure water, and you shall be white as snow!

Jn 1:5-5 abide in Him, apart from Him you can do nothing.

God provides for everything:
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

He is the way we must follow!
He is the truth we must believe!
He is the life, life of grace thru the sacraments of the church in which we must live!

Abide in Christ and His church with grace and life provided by God thru the sacraments!

Sacramental life: Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. Jn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
TOOOOO long of a post to respond except the 1st two thing you said which was............

"Member of the church is not required for salvation!"
That is 100% correct and it is Biblical....congratulations. However, that is not Catholic doctrine.

#2.

Now, again, that is totally disingenuous. I did not say that and It is a concern why you would place words into my mouth.

Anyone, who has read the Bible at all would know that what you state dis not true and it begs the question....
why would you suggest such a thing.

In fact, the Ark is a picture of the Lord Jesus Christ. All those IN the Ark were saved. All who are in Christ are saved but nowhere is there anything said that "ALL those who are in the church are saved".

It is clear that you are indoctrinated in the doctrine that "Outside the Church there is no salvation".
I would expect nothing else from a devout Catholic.

How are we saved?

The Bible says we are saved by believing upon the Lord Jesus Christ. There is NO mention of being a church member in the Bible.
Dogma / De Fide or “thee faith” (found 31 times in the New Testament) eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

Truths revealed by Christ, taught by His apostolic church! (Matt 28:19)
(The rule of faith)

The faith that binds all Christians! Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18

The church

137. The Church was founded by the God-Man Jesus Christ.
138. Our Redeemer Himself conserves with divine power the society founded by Him, the
Church.
139. Christ is the Divine Redeemer of His Body, the Church.
140. Christ founded the Church in order to continue His work of redemption for all time.
141. Christ gave His Church a hierarchical constitution.
142. The powers bestowed on the Apostles have descended to the bishops.
143. Christ appointed the Apostle Peter to be the first of all the Apostles and to be the visible head
of the whole Church, by appointing him immediately and personally to the primacy of jurisdiction.
144. According to Christ’s ordinance, Peter is to have successors in his Primacy over the whole
Church and for all time.
145. The successors of Peter in the Primacy are the bishops of Rome.
146. The Pope possesses full and supreme power of jurisdiction over the whole Church, not
merely in matters of faith and morals, but also in Church discipline and in the government of
the Church.
147. The Pope is infallible when he speaks ex cathedra.
148. By virtue of Divine Right the bishops possess an ordinary power of government over their
dioceses.
149. Christ is the Head of the Church.
150. In the final decision on doctrines concerning faith and morals the Church is infallible.
151. The primary object of the Infallibility is the formally revealed truths of Christian Doctrine
concerning faith and morals.
152. The totality of the Bishops is infallible, when they, either assembled in general council or
scattered over the earth, propose a teaching of faith or morals as one to be held by all the
faithful.
153. The Church founded by Christ is unique and one.
154. The Church founded by Christ is holy.
155. The Church founded by Christ is catholic.
156. The Church founded by Christ is apostolic.
157. Membership of the Church is necessary for all men for salvation.

It is clear that you are indoctrinated in the doctrine that "Outside the Church there is no salvation".
I would expect nothing else from a devout Catholic.

How are we saved?

The Bible says we are saved by believing upon the Lord Jesus Christ. There is NO mention of being a church member in the Bible.
Christ is not just a doctrine to be believed by faith alone!

He is also a divine person who became man and died for us men and our salvation as a propitiatory sacrifice who’s merits must be applied to our spiritual souls to be cleansed from all sin. (Sacraments of grace)
Also He is the mediator of the covenant requiring union with Him & His grace! (New covenant church)

Yes you have posted many Scriptures, however the ones you post have nothing to do with the topic you are talking about.

Who in this discussion said that we do not have to obey the moral laws of God???????
It’s a comparison not an accusation

Again.....you have posted several Scriptures to support Mary's Perpetual virginity.

However.....NONE of them do that. NONE of them even hint at such a thing!

Again (x4).....the literal words IN Greek used by Matthew and Mark clealy say ...."Brothers & Sisters".
They do not say cousins or friends or relatives. The words are "BROTHERS and SISTERS"!

Now all of the stuff you are saying to distort the truth of God's Word is simply manucia!
It also says Son carpenters don why don’t you answer?

Is Jesus the son of Joseph?
Scripture says so in at least three verses
Matt 13:55
Lk 2:48
Jn 1:45

There is NO SUCH office as an Apostle today.

These men were given the task of setting up the foundation of the church. It should be understood that it was for the universal church that these men were a part of the foundation (Ephesians 2:20). The foundation of the church (universal church) was laid in the first century. This is why the office of apostle is no longer functioning.

An Apostle had to be an eyewitness of the Resurrection of Jesus.
An Apostle kad to have been personally commissioned by Jesus.

NO ONE alive since the Apostle John meets those qualifications!
Paul was a valid apostle but was not an eye witness of the resurrection

No one saw the resurrection!

Or do you mean encountered the risen Lord?

Paul was not with the apostles from the time of John the Baptist

No apostles? Then who is going to teach govern and sanctify?

Administer the sacraments and care for our souls?

Even the sects have bishops priests and pastors

Again.....you have posted several Scriptures to support Mary's Perpetual virginity.

However.....NONE of them do that. NONE of them even hint at such a thing!

Again (x4).....the literal words IN Greek used by Matthew and Mark clealy say ...."Brothers & Sisters".
They do not say cousins or friends or relatives. The words are "BROTHERS and SISTERS"!

Now all of the stuff you are saying to distort the truth of God's Word is simply manucia!

Being obedient Mary became the cause of salvation for herself and for the whole human race.”!
St. Irenaeus

Yes?

There is NO SUCH office as an Apostle today.

These men were given the task of setting up the foundation of the church. It should be understood that it was for the universal church that these men were a part of the foundation (Ephesians 2:20). The foundation of the church (universal church) was laid in the first century. This is why the office of apostle is no longer functioning.

An Apostle had to be an eyewitness of the Resurrection of Jesus.
An Apostle kad to have been personally commissioned by Jesus.

NO ONE alive since the Apostle John meets those qualifications!
These apostles teach baptism

Augustine ok

A) "It does not suffice to believe. He who believes and is not yet baptized, but is only a Catechumen, has not yet fully acquired salvation." St. Thomas Aquinas

B) "Now, even the Catechumen believes in the Cross of the Lord Jesus, but unless he be baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, he cannot receive remission of his sins nor the gift of spiritual grace." St. Ambrose

C) "Without the Sacrament of Baptism, no one is ever justified. If anyone says that Baptism is optional, that is, not necessary for salvation: let him be anathema." Council of Trent

D)
“There are three ways in which sins are forgiven: in baptism, in prayer, and in the greater humility of penance; yet God does not forgive sins except to the baptized” (Sermons to Catechumens on the Creed 7:15 [A.D. 395]).
St. AUGUSTINE

E) “As many as are persuaded and believe that what we [Christians] teach and say is true, and undertake to be able to live accordingly . . . are brought by us where there is water, and are regenerated in the same manner in which we were ourselves regenerated. For, in the name of God, the Father and Lord of the universe, and of our Savior Jesus Christ, and of the Holy Spirit, they then receive the washing with water. For Christ also said, ‘Except you be born again, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven’ [John 3:3]” (First Apology 61 [A.D. 151]).
JUSTIN MARTYR

TERTULLIAN
“Happy is our sacrament of water, in that, by washing away the sins of our early blindness, we are set free and admitted into eternal life. . . . [But] a viper of the [Gnostic] Cainite heresy, lately conversant in this quarter, has carried away a great number with her most venomous doctrine, making it her first aim to destroy baptism—which is quite in accordance with nature, for vipers and.asps . . . themselves generally do live in arid and waterless places. But we, little fishes after the example of our [Great] Fish, Jesus Christ, are born in water, nor have we safety in any other way than by permanently abiding in water. So that most monstrous creature, who had no right to teach even sound doctrine, knew full well how to kill the little fishes—by taking them away from the water!” (Baptism 1 [A.D. 203]).

“Without baptism, salvation is attainable by none” (ibid., 12).

ORIGEN
“It is not possible to receive forgiveness of sins without baptism” (Exhortation to the Martyrs 30 [A.D. 235]).

CYRIL OF JERUSALEM
“If any man does not receive baptism, he does not have salvation.

St. AUGUSTINE
“There are three ways in which sins are forgiven: in baptism, in prayer, and in the greater humility of penance; yet God does not forgive sins except to the baptized” (Sermons to Catechumens on the Creed 7:15 [A.D. 395]).

Dogma

174. Baptism is a true Sacrament instituted by Jesus Christ.
175. The materia remota of the Sacrament of Baptism is true and natural water.
176. Baptism confers the grace of justification.
177. Baptism effects the remission of all punishments of sin, both the eternal and the temporal.
178. Even if it be unworthily received, valid Baptism imprints on the soul of the recipient an
indelible spiritual mark, the Baptismal Character, and for this reason, the Sacrament cannot
be repeated.
179. Baptism by water (Baptismus fluminis) is, since the promulgation of the Gospel, necessary
for all men without exception, for salvation.
180. Baptism can be validly administered by anyone.
181. Baptism can be received by any person in the wayfaring state who is not already baptised.
182. The Baptism of young children is valid and licit.

Paul was a valid apostle but was not an eye witness of the resurrection

No one saw the resurrection!

Or do you mean encountered the risen Lord?

Paul was not with the apostles from the time of John the Baptist

No apostles? Then who is going to teach govern and sanctify?

Administer the sacraments and care for our souls?

Even the sects have bishops priests and pastors
I meat and mean that they are ALIVE at the time of the Resurrection.

Paul had a face to face meeting with the risen Lord and Paul was alive at the time of the Resurrection.

The Holy Spirit teaches and guides and we are saved through the Word of God.

Sacraments do not save anyone.

It also says Son carpenters don why don’t you answer?

Is Jesus the son of Joseph?
Scripture says so in at least three verses
Matt 13:55
Lk 2:48
Jn 1:45
"It also says Son carpenters don why don’t you answer" .

That makes NO sense. Want to clify it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back