Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Can you lose your salvation?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The English word "save" or "salvation" has a wide range of meanings:

1. It could mean being physically rescued at a point in time situation (Exodus 14:13, H3444, יְשׁוּעָה yeshuah). In this case, you may need to be rescued again. You can be rescued or saved multiple times. The only places in the OT where yeshuah is used unambiguously as saving people from sins are in Eze 36:29 and 37:23.

2. It could mean being accepted officially by a certain church/denomination. When you lose your membership, you lose this salvation.

3. It could describe a shallow Christian who is a Christian in name only (1 John 2:19). He looks like a Christian and talks like a Christian. Instead of serving God, he wants God to serve him. After a while, he goes away because he no longer finds God useful.

4. It could describe a serious Christian. He thinks he is in the faith (2Co 13:5, Col 1:23) and performs Christian works sincerely for years but departs from the faith eventually (1 Tim 4:1).

5. It could mean that your name is written in the Book of Life. Later, God may erase or at least threaten to erase that name and you may lose this type of salvation, Ex 32:32, Rev 3:5.

6. Finally, it could mean being saved from the physical now onto eternity. In this case, it requires the Paraclete to dwell in you presently. You cannot lose the Paraclete in you. This is the concept of being born of the Spirit. 1 Peter 1:23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

The word "save" or "salvation" is polysemantic. Depending on your definition of salvation, you can definitely lose your salvation.

The question that one should ask is not "Once saved, always saved?". The better question is whether you have the Paraclete Indwelling Spirit in you.

Yes, in many many ways: John 15:2, Romans 11:22, Hebrews 6:4, 1 Corinthians 15:2.

Can you lose your Paraclete?

No, I don't think so. The Paraclete does what he does. He chooses to dwell in a person by making a direct connection with the person's human spirit permanently.
When one is baptized into the body of Christ they can never un-baptize themselves to their former unsaved condition.
The Promise of God is as follows:

"I will never leave you nor forsake thee"

And:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. Jn 10:28.

Do you accept God's Word as written or do you like to ignore it and add your own words in commentary form to contradict God?

1. It could mean being physically rescued at a point in time situation (Exodus 14:13, H3444, יְשׁוּעָה yeshuah). In this case, you may need to be rescued again. You can be rescued or saved multiple times. The only places in the OT where yeshuah is used unambiguously as saving people from sins are in Eze 36:29 and 37:23.

2. It could mean being accepted officially by a certain church/denomination. When you lose your membership, you lose this salvation.

3. It could describe a shallow Christian who is a Christian in name only (1 John 2:19). He looks like a Christian and talks like a Christian. Instead of serving God, he wants God to serve him. After a while, he goes away because he no longer finds God useful.

4. It could describe a serious Christian. He thinks he is in the faith (2Co 13:5, Col 1:23) and performs Christian works sincerely for years but departs from the faith eventually (1 Tim 4:1).

5. It could mean that your name is written in the Book of Life. Later, God may erase or at least threaten to erase that name and you may lose this type of salvation, Ex 32:32, Rev 3:5.

6. Finally, it could mean being saved from the physical now onto eternity. In this case, it requires the Paraclete to dwell in you presently. You cannot lose the Paraclete in you. This is the concept of being born of the Spirit. 1 Peter 1:23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

The word "save" or "salvation" is polysemantic. Depending on your definition of salvation, you can definitely lose your salvation.

The question that one should ask is not "Once saved, always saved?". The better question is whether you have the Paraclete Indwelling Spirit in you.

Yes, in many many ways: John 15:2, Romans 11:22, Hebrews 6:4, 1 Corinthians 15:2.

No, I don't think so. The Paraclete does what he does. He chooses to dwell in a person by making a direct connection with the person's human spirit permanently.
There is only one salvation that Jesus came to give.
Even being raised from the dead as Lazarus was never construed by Jesus to mean that being saved or having salvation had been accomplished by virtue of his being raised.

No commentary necessary :) .

Luke 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
That has to do with service. Some Christians just don't know their place in the body of Christ, the don't know their calling, they don't know their spiritual gifts; they are like ships on the sea without a rudder mimicking other person's gifts and calling, and when they do that they do injury to the body of Christ because of their personal sins, flesh, and outright disobedience.
And they prefer to tell the Word of God what to say rather than allow God's Word to tell them what to believe.
It all stems from that last one.
By the way...do you know WHO is the Kingdom of God?

That has to do with service. Some Christians just don't know their place in the body of Christ, the don't know their calling, they don't know their spiritual gifts; they are like ships on the sea without a rudder mimicking other person's gifts and calling, and when they do that they do injury to the body of Christ because of their personal sins, flesh, and outright disobedience.
And they prefer to tell the Word of God what to say rather than allow God's Word to tell them what to believe.
It all stems from that last one.
Oher verses for being fit/worthy of the Kingdom. ( or unworthy)

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

1 Corinthians 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

2 Thessalonians 1:11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

2 Timothy 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Oher verses for being fit/worthy of the Kingdom. ( or unworthy)

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

1 Corinthians 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

2 Thessalonians 1:11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

2 Timothy 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
That doesn't answer my question: WHO is the Kingdom of God?

Q: “Can you lose your salvation?”

My basic reply would be to firstly define what sense of salvation is inherent in the question—I agree your term polysemantic, and take your [your] as generic.

One can be repeatedly saved from their biological enemies, and arguably one could lose the salvation-benefit of such by putting themself back into the lions’ den, though not lose the salvation-event etched in history.

I would call anyone who is “Christian in name only”, at best a Churchian (whether a he or a her, BTW), not a Christian. Such have not been saved into Christianity: we cannot lose what we do not have. If saved into Churchianity, they could lose that.

I demur your term born again (which I deem Nicodemean—it’s a question of translation). Let’s simply say, spiritually born into the church. That is a great salvation indeed.

Here’s where I stand.

With Christian salvation (Jhn.3:3), anyone who at their core has an inclination towards God, can, if confronted with the true gospel, come into the church, become a Christian. That is a benefit which can be lost and subsequently regained like a merry-go-round (Heb.6/10). On that I’m not OSAS. I’d say that the paraclete can be lost and regained, relapses and reconversions experienced. But I would not say that we can repeated be spiritually born into Christianity, even as the returning prodigal already was of the family he had forsaken: spiritual birth puts us into that family from which we can cycle as a prodigal.

With postmortem salvation, whether or not the offer of Christ has been taken up (not all get that offer through no fault of their own), salvation beyond death is based on a core identity with God, and unaffected by the Christian gospel. It is not subject to being lost. Of such salvation, I prefer to say Being Saved, Ultimately Saved (BSUS), rather than OSAS.

Vinny37

You Said: With Christian salvation (Jhn.3:3), anyone who at their core has an inclination towards God, can, if confronted with the true gospel, come into the church, become a Christian."

My Response: No one has an "inclination towards God" as Jesus taught in His Words:

19 And this is the condemnation, that light [CHRIST] is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light [CHRIST], because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light [CHRIST], neither cometh to the light [CHRIST], lest his deeds should be reproved.
Jn 3:19–20.

And Paul understands and says the same thing:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. Rom. 3:11.

Men hate God and His Crist and do not seek God and definitely have no inclination to do so. Unless God makes the first move in any life they are born to die without God.

Where is that stated? And is it the case in every instance? If not, why not?
First, Israel was not a kingdom when Jesus arrived. They were an occupied country and Herod (the Great) was installed by Rome as Israel's king, but he was a figurehead with no real power. He answered to the Roman Emperor.

Jesus is as we now know Israel's prophesied Messiah and King of the Jews. He is Prophet, Priest, and King, Savior, High Priest, etc. However, He was not sent to ascend the throne of David at this time even as others wanted to make Him king. Their thoughts were not God's thoughts.

28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. Mt 12:28.

Here's the question: What is Jesus doing?
Answer: He's casting out devils with the finger of God. In so doing He is saying He is the Kingdom of God come unto [you.]

In our minds when we think of a kingdom we envision a king, a court, a castle, land, treasures, and subjects. But at the time He said this there was none of that.
Except Him.
The Alpha and Omega.
The Everything.

First, Israel was not a kingdom when Jesus arrived. They were an occupied country and Herod (the Great) was installed by Rome as Israel's king, but he was a figurehead with no real power. He answered to the Roman Emperor.

Jesus is as we now know Israel's prophesied Messiah and King of the Jews. He is Prophet, Priest, and King, Savior, High Priest, etc. However, He was not sent to ascend the throne of David at this time even as others wanted to make Him king. Their thoughts were not God's thoughts.

28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. Mt 12:28.

Answer: He's casting out devils with the finger of God. In so doing He is saying He is the Kingdom of God come unto [you.]

In our minds when we think of a kingdom we envision a king, a court, a castle, land, treasures, and subjects. But at the time He said this there was none of that.
Except Him.
The Alpha and Omega.
The Everything.
Okay, so where is it stated that Jesus is the kingdom of God? And is it the case in every instance? If not, why not?

Is he?

Mat 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this man casts out demons.”
Mat 12:25 Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand.
Mat 12:26 And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand?
Mat 12:27 And if I cast out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they will be your judges.
Mat 12:28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. (ESV)
Jesus is not equating himself with the kingdom of God. He is stating that he has come as the representative of God's kingdom, bringing with him the power of the Spirit of God to cast out demons. Jesus is inaugurating the kingdom of God on earth, but he is not the kingdom of God itself. Too many passages would make no sense if that was the case.

Mat 19:23 And Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly, I say to you, only with difficulty will a rich person enter the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 19:24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” (ESV)

The kingdom of heaven and kingdom of God being one and the same, both show that it would make no sense for Jesus to be speaking of himself in this way.

Mat 21:31 Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said, “The first.” Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the kingdom of God before you. (ESV)

Mar 4:26 And he said, “The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground.
Mar 4:27 He sleeps and rises night and day, and the seed sprouts and grows; he knows not how.
Mar 4:28 The earth produces by itself, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear.
Mar 4:29 But when the grain is ripe, at once he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come.”
Mar 4:30 And he said, “With what can we compare the kingdom of God, or what parable shall we use for it?
Mar 4:31 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when sown on the ground, is the smallest of all the seeds on earth,
Mar 4:32 yet when it is sown it grows up and becomes larger than all the garden plants and puts out large branches, so that the birds of the air can make nests in its shade.” (ESV)

Is Jesus like seed that either grows into a harvest or into a tree?

Mar_14:25 Truly, I say to you, I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.” (ESV)

Is Jesus going to drink "of the fruit of the vine" when he drinks it new in himself?

Luk 9:26 For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.
Luk 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God.” (ESV)

Were they not seeing Jesus as he spoke to them, referring to himself as the Son of Man? Is it not the coming of the Son of Man "in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels" that is "the kingdom of God"?

And on it goes. I cannot see a single verse which equates Jesus with the kingdom of God. Rather, he tells us to the seek the kingdom of God, that it is something that grows from seed, that it is something that people enter into, that it is something that has come to earth through him but has yet to come in its fullness, which will happen when he returns with the holy angels.

Is he?
Mat 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this man casts out demons.”
Mat 12:25 Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand.
Mat 12:26 And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand?
Mat 12:27 And if I cast out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they will be your judges.
Mat 12:28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. (ESV)
Jesus is not equating himself with the kingdom of God. He is stating that he has come as the representative of God's kingdom, bringing with him the power of the Spirit of God to cast out demons. Jesus is inaugurating the kingdom of God on earth, but he is not the kingdom of God itself. Too many passages would make no sense if that was the case.
As the Kingdom of God, He represents God. He is also God. He IS the power and the glory. Let's see what passages you come up with that you use to disagree.
By the way, you're using a corrupt translation translated from corrupt Greek texts of Westcott and Hort 1881. Don't get twisted up.
Mat 19:23 And Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly, I say to you, only with difficulty will a rich person enter the kingdom of heaven.
The kingdom of heaven is not the same as the kingdom of God. The kingdom of heaven is the New Jerusalem coming down from heaven.
Mat 19:24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” (ESV)
No one can come to the Father but through Jesus, the Kingdom of God.
The kingdom of heaven and kingdom of God being one and the same, both show that it would make no sense for Jesus to be speaking of himself in this way.
You are confusing both terms and their meaning.
Mat 21:31 Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said, “The first.” Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the kingdom of God before you. (ESV)
No man can come to the Father but through Jesus, the Kingdom of God.
Mar 4:26 And he said, “The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground.
Mar 4:27 He sleeps and rises night and day, and the seed sprouts and grows; he knows not how.
Mar 4:28 The earth produces by itself, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear.
Mar 4:29 But when the grain is ripe, at once he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come.”
Jesus is that man who scatters seed. He owns the Seed. He is the Word of God.
Mar 4:30 And he said, “With what can we compare the kingdom of God, or what parable shall we use for it?
Mar 4:31 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when sown on the ground, is the smallest of all the seeds on earth,
Mar 4:32 yet when it is sown it grows up and becomes larger than all the garden plants and puts out large branches, so that the birds of the air can make nests in its shade.” (ESV)
The Abrahamic Covenant in which Paul says "not of seeds, but of ONE SEED: Jesus Christ and the blessings of the covenant that extends to Gentiles.
Is Jesus like seed that either grows into a harvest or into a tree?
See above.
Mar_14:25 Truly, I say to you, I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.” (ESV)
When He is resurrected in a new body.
Is Jesus going to drink "of the fruit of the vine" when he drinks it new in himself?
The New Covenant. He is the Word. Water represents the Holy Spirit and the Word (washing of the water of the word is how He will cleanse His Church and Bride who is Israel. Jesus offered the woman at the well living water - the Holy Spirit of Christ.)
Luk 9:26 For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.
Luk 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God.” (ESV)
And Jesus was transfigured only six days later. Nobody died until then and they (Peter, James, and John) saw Jesus glorified and talking with Moses and Elijah (Matt. 17.)
Were they not seeing Jesus as he spoke to them, referring to himself as the Son of Man? Is it not the coming of the Son of Man "in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels" that is "the kingdom of God"?
Yes. Matthew 17.
And on it goes. I cannot see a single verse which equates Jesus with the kingdom of God. Rather, he tells us to the seek the kingdom of God, that it is something that grows from seed, that it is something that people enter into, that it is something that has come to earth through him but has yet to come in its fullness, which will happen when he returns with the holy angels.
You confuse the kingdom of heaven which is a place - New Jerusalem - coming down from heaven with the Kingdom of God who is Christ. When a person becomes born again Jesus, the Kingdom of God Himself dwells in the believer.

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. Lk 17:21.

As the Kingdom of God, He represents God. He is also God. He IS the power and the glory. Let's see what passages you come up with that you use to disagree.
I've already given several. Every single use of "kingdom of God" refers to God's kingdom, not Jesus, which is why it is called the kingdom of God. Jesus, as God in human flesh, is the embodiment of that kingdom and represents that kingdom, so that where he is, so is the kingdom, but he is not the kingdom.

By the way, you're using a corrupt translation translated from corrupt Greek texts of Westcott and Hort 1881. Don't get twisted up.
The ESV is a better translation than the KJV, but that is not the topic.

The kingdom of heaven is not the same as the kingdom of God. The kingdom of heaven is the New Jerusalem coming down from heaven.
Yes, it is. That is why Jesus used both in the same breath to refer to the same thing. You'll notice that kingdom of heaven is only used by Matthew.

Mat 4:12 Now when he heard that John had been arrested, he withdrew into Galilee.
Mat 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Mar 1:14 Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God,
Mar 1:15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
-----
Mat 11:11 Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has arisen no one greater than John the Baptist. Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Luk_7:28 I tell you, among those born of women none is greater than John. Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.”
-----
Mat_5:3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Luk 6:20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said: “Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God.
-----
Mat 13:11 And he answered them, “To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.

Luk_8:10 he said, “To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of God, but for others they are in parables, so that ‘seeing they may not see, and hearing they may not understand.’

Mat 19:24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

It is unequivocally clear that the kingdom of heaven and kingdom of God are one and the same.

No one can come to the Father but through Jesus, the Kingdom of God.
Where is that stated in the Bible? All I can find is where Jesus says, "No one can come to the Father but through me."

You are confusing both terms and their meaning.
Show me how, exactly.

No man can come to the Father but through Jesus, the Kingdom of God.
Again, where is that stated in the Bible?

Jesus is that man who scatters seed. He owns the Seed. He is the Word of God.
Of course he is, but he isn't the kingdom of God. Kings have kingdoms, they aren't their kingdoms.

Mar 15:2 And Pilate asked him, “Are you the King of the Jews?” And he answered him, “You have said so.”

Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

Act 17:7 and Jason has received them, and they are all acting against the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, Jesus.”

Rev 17:14 They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful.”

Rev 19:16 On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.

The Abrahamic Covenant in which Paul says "not of seeds, but of ONE SEED: Jesus Christ and the blessings of the covenant that extends to Gentiles.

See above.
Which doesn't actually address the argument or make sense of the parables.

When He is resurrected in a new body.
So, you're starting to change your position. Now you're saying he is the kingdom of God only when he is in his new body. Prove that that is what he is saying. Your entire position is based on begging the question. You really need to start providing evidence.

The New Covenant. He is the Word. Water represents the Holy Spirit and the Word (washing of the water of the word is how He will cleanse His Church and Bride who is Israel. Jesus offered the woman at the well living water - the Holy Spirit of Christ.)
Which doesn't address what I said and is not relevant to the discussion.

And Jesus was transfigured only six days later. Nobody died until then and they (Peter, James, and John) saw Jesus glorified and talking with Moses and Elijah (Matt. 17.)
And, yet, Jesus didn't "come" when he was on the mountain, he already was there. It's clearly a reference to what will happen after his resurrection.

Yes. Matthew 17.
No. Not Matthew 17.

You confuse the kingdom of heaven which is a place - New Jerusalem -
Prove that this is the case.

coming down from heaven with the Kingdom of God who is Christ.
You have only made this claim, several times, you have yet to prove it.

When a person becomes born again Jesus, the Kingdom of God Himself dwells in the believer.
I have shown that the kingdom of heaven and kingdom of God are one and the same. Yes, Jesus indwells us by the Holy Spirit, and we become a part of the kingdom of God/kingdom of heaven.

Kings have kingdoms, which contain subjects.

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. Lk 17:21.
A poor translation which doesn't fit the context.

Luk 17:20 Being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, he answered them, “The kingdom of God is not coming in ways that can be observed,
Luk 17:21 nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”

First, notice that "the kingdom of God is coming," not that he was the kingdom of God. Nowhere does Jesus claim to be the kingdom of God. Second, do you really think that Jesus would say to the Pharisees that "the kingdom of God is within you"? That would contradict pretty much everything he says in the gospels about the Pharisees.

(All ESV.)

The question should be what is the kingdom of God, not who is the kingdom of God.

God will not always be in the third heaven as when all things are finished here on earth after the return of Christ God will make new again this present heaven and earth then He will usher down the New Jerusalem (Spiritual Kingdom of God). God will then be with us as the tabernacle of God is with men and He will dwell with us and we with Him forever. For now the kingdom of God is within us as we are made kings and priest of God as we reign with Christ here on earth until the seventh trumpet sounds and then the nations (kingdoms) of this world become the nations (kingdoms) of God and of Christ and He will be our God and we His people forever.

The tabernacle of God within the New Jerusalem is not that which is made by hand as neither is the New Jerusalem. When we are given spiritual bodies (glorified bodies) then we will see all things of God that are spiritual for in our mortal bodies we can not even perceive what the New Jerusalem will look like just as we can not even know what Christ looks like, but know we will be just like Him in our glorified bodies.

Third Heaven - This is where God, Jesus and the holy angels dwell plus the very breath of just men dwell as when we die it is that breath that returns back to God. It is called The heaven of heavens, (Deuteronomy 10:14; 1 Kings 8:27; Psalms 115:16; 148:4). (1Kings 8:27) - The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. The third heaven is beyond the space and stars. Where no man has seen by telescope. This heaven is the dwelling-place of God (John 3:13).

Daniel 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. 11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. 12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. 13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Rev 5:10 10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. (We are the Spiritual Kingdom of God on earth)

Rev 11: 15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. (We are that Spiritual kingdom of God while here on earth as we reign with Him over the nations)

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back