Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Christians? Using self-defense and Guns?

Loving your enemy means not leaving them in their state of murderous aggression which could condemn their souls to eternal damnation.

Acts of aggression against human life and property are to be proportionally controlled and contained.

The scripture in Matthew points to self-defense not being cool. And then that paired with the James scripture about what is sin.

Matthew 24
43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.

The context of this verse is "watching". Jesus wants us to be mindful of His coming so He tells us to watch and uses the analogy of a home owner being mindful of thieves. The watchful home owner doesn't just catch the thief before he breaks in, he does not allow his house to be broken into.

Not saying this is advocating gun use, but some type of defense had to be taken to prevent the break in. If defending ones property or self is a bad thing, do you think Jesus would use it in an analogy for something He wants us to do?

Just saying...

It would be a rip in the very fabric that bonds the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit into the One God. God is the Triune Being that created us and as one being, though three persons, nothing is done by one that all three persons do not experience. Your false and not Christian premise makes liars out of all three persons and unless you can convince me, the Christian world and God there is a way around this inconceivable paradox.

Okay, hear me out. I know what scripture says and I know what I am going to tell you will not go against it.

God is Love, Light and Holiness.

In God, the Father is almighty, the Son is under the Father and believers are under the Son. We are ONE. The Holy Spirit makes us ONE.

Christ is Mercy but He is also Just.

He said that Christians who practice lawlessness would not enter His Kingdom.

In addition, He commanded that Christians minister to the imprisoned. Imprisoned people over time have full and heartfelt conversions to Christ, but for some it requires the state of imprisonment to convict their heart and mind away from the evil they want to do.

Last edited:
Loving your enemy means not leaving them in their state of murderous aggression which could condemn their souls to eternal damnation.

Acts of aggression against human life and property are to be proportionally controlled and contained.

What do you to control the aggression?

Huh? John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Alright, you quote scripture but what has that to do with the subject of this string or with the rabbit trail we are journeying right now?

What do you to control the aggression?

It depends on the circumstances and how threatened you believe your life is in that situation.

Call the police if possible.

Remove yourself if possible from the situation or place.

Inform police of this aggression prior to it becoming a conflict.

Seek arbitration through a third neutral party.

If all this fails and you're forced to protect your life from an aggressor, use the force necessary.

Killing to save others for me, Yes. Defending others in some other way. Maybe.
LtD, This is not an opinion game. The truth is just that, truth. My opinion, like yours, is valueless when we come to the Word of God. I, once, had opinions about scripture but they all went out the window with the indwelling of and my surrender to the will of the Holy Spirit. All of what you are presenting here is no better than another, I've spoken to recently. If a thing is presented to be about God and, yet, is doctrinally unsound, it is not true.

God had the Bible recorded and man misunderstood! God, after paying the ransom not, our sin debt, inspired man to write the Life Application Commentary and, to then, attach it to the Bible, giving us the New Testament, that we might better understand how to apply the Bible to our lives. If we fail to see the connection of these two books, we are blinded by the forces of the Prince of the Air.

Alright, you quote scripture but what has that to do with the subject of this string or with the rabbit trail we are journeying right now?

Jesus came in flesh, Holy Spirit was able to enter flesh with him.......now the Holy Spirit can enter our flesh and make us like him. Not scared and not fearing what someone will do to our flesh, ultimately that is how it works

It depends on the circumstances and how threatened you believe your life is in that situation.

Call the police if possible.

Remove yourself if possible from the situation or place.

Inform police of this aggression prior to it becoming a conflict.

Seek arbitration through a third neutral party.

If all this fails and you're forced to protect your life from an aggressor, use the force necessary.
Amen! And never cringe in fear, it drive the more vulgar side of them.

Jesus came in flesh, Holy Spirit was able to enter flesh with him.......now the Holy Spirit can enter our flesh and make us like him. Not scared and not fearing what someone will do to our flesh, ultimately that is how it works
That will not see you to live for God when your daughter is being raped and or murdered. You are now speaking in the abstract and we are speaking to the real, right now.

LtD, This is not an opinion game. The truth is just that, truth. My opinion, like yours, is valueless when we come to the Word of God. I, once, had opinions about scripture but they all went out the window with the indwelling of and my surrender to the will of the Holy Spirit. All of what you are presenting here is no better than another, I've spoken to recently. If a thing is presented to be about God and, yet, is doctrinally unsound, it is not true.

God had the Bible recorded and man misunderstood! God, after paying the ransom not, our sin debt, inspired man to write the Life Application Commentary and, to then, attach it to the Bible, giving us the New Testament, that we might better understand how to apply the Bible to our lives. If we fail to see the connection of these two books, we are blinded by the forces of the Prince of the Air.

I only don't say how another person should walk, because I don't want to blaspheme the Holy Spirit walking in that person. Maybe I am at a different point in my walk. I can post scripture and then the Holy Spirit can work in that person.

I hate to believe it but I believe it when I see it.

Humanity can be absolutely evil.

I watch enough "Forensic Files" to know that evil people exist and they will force their desires over innocent humanity - desire for authority, notoriety, drugs, freedom from commitments, sex, easy money, a car ride, etc and they will kill at will to take what they desire.

I hate to believe it but I believe it when I see it.

Humanity can be absolutely evil.

I watch enough "Forensic Files" to know that evil people exist and they will force their desires over innocent humanity - desire for authority, notoriety, drugs, freedom from commitments, sex, easy money, a car ride, etc and they will kill at will to take what they desire.

I watch those too.

Back