Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Christians? Using self-defense and Guns?

Mam,
You missing the point of Holiness. Men can never be three times Holy, that would make us like, unto, God. Our holiness is to be set apart from the World for the purposes of God.

I will try with the power I have from him. And I am setting it apart for his purpose.

You have already expressed one of the Ear Tickler's lie, you do not care about the past, in this case, the past events of the life of Jesus, the life before He was born a man. Logic, okay?
It does not tickle anyone's ear what I am saying.

Matthew 5:44-46 But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rains on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?
There is no greater expression of love than that of being willing to die for the safe keeping of others. Please, at least read Joshua.

But you or and you are refusing to study the first four thousand years of the recorded history of His life. (John 1:1-3)

I know what it says in the old testament, but as Christians we understand the point of the flesh. It is everything that causes us to sin and Jesus in the flesh is ALL.

Matthew 5:44-46 But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rains on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?

This has nothing to do with defending your loved ones - at all! We do not allow a would be murderer or rapist to murder and rape your loved ones. Why don't you understand that it is not ok to let someone rape your child?

No offense, but this type of thinking you are portraying is not biblical at all, it is disillusionment.

Maybe you already have a husband who will protect you and you are only saying this as a female, idk, but it's so so wrong.

I know what it says in the old testament, but as Christians we understand the point of the flesh. It is everything that causes us to sin and Jesus in the flesh is ALL.
Alright, I have tried to get this answer without offense but you are not going to tell me without a direct querry; Do you see the Son of God in the Old Testament of the Christian Bible?

This has nothing to do with defending your loved ones - at all! We do not allow a would be murderer or rapist to murder and rape your loved ones. Why don't you understand that it is not ok to let someone rape your child?

No offense, but this type of thinking you are portraying is not biblical at all, it is disillusionment.

Maybe you already have a husband who will protect you and you are only saying this as a female, idk, but it's so so wrong.
Amen!

Alright, I have tried to get this answer without offense but you are not going to tell me without a direct querry; Do you see the Son of God in the Old Testament of the Christian Bible?
I do see him, but for this reason the Son came in flesh.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind.

The Son of God is also now a Son of Man. The Son of man can change his mind, cause he experienced our fallen flesh. How does this relate to what you ask if I see Jesus in the O.T.? I know that Jesus hadn't been in flesh at that point and "now" he is perfect mediator between God and man.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind.

The Son of God is also now a Son of Man. The Son of man can change his mind, cause he experienced our fallen flesh. How does this relate to what you ask if I see Jesus in the O.T.? I know that Jesus hadn't been in flesh at that point and "now" he is perfect mediator between God and man.
ok. so he wasn't merciful then? do tell?
he didn't teach in the torah to love thy enemies? he didn't teach Joseph to forgive his brothers? somebody had to teach joseph that.

ok. so he wasn't merciful then? do tell?
he didn't teach in the torah to love thy enemies? he didn't teach Joseph to forgive his brothers? somebody had to teach joseph that.

He was/is, but he added. John 13:34-35 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

He was/is, but he added. John 13:34-35 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

exodus says that FIRST, its not new

the greek word is renew or to make afresh.

psalms 133:1.unity in the Lord. a blessing.

exodus 20 by implication implies that is love is there. God says don't steal , don't lust so I wouldn't do that if I loved god to my neighbor. so tis not new

Leviticus 19
18 You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.

God didn't change. to assume that prior to the cross he was angry and mad and ready to judge isn't the God to be found in the bible. quite the opposite.

Nothing changed at the cross?
grace was multiplied but gods nature is what im saying.

show me where god didn't have grace and mercy. show me where it says thou must hate thine enemy where man prior to the cross that served him had no idea of what love was.

they had what was given but we have the greater revelation but either way the NATURE of God never changes.

Do you realize you just slammed me with a complete paradox? Being a paradox it is confusion and God is never the author of confusion, that is the arena of the god of the air.

Take your Numbers 23:19 quote and my favorite for this purpose, Malachi 3:6a and that means God has repeated this theological statement, at least twice and if I were to Chain Reference it there are likely other instances when God, YHWH, has repeated this truth you are claiming He broke. That, very, idea is heresy.

You are attempting to found this heresy on the idea that as a human, the Son of God, the same and only Son of God, that created the Universe filled with millions of stars, planets and moons, lied and changed His mind? Just for a single moment, let's entertain such an untruth could be.

It would be a rip in the very fabric that bonds the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit into the One God. God is the Triune Being that created us and as one being, though three persons, nothing is done by one that all three persons do not experience. Your false and not Christian premise makes liars out of all three persons and unless you can convince me, the Christian world and God there is a way around this inconceivable paradox, you need to pray to God for the truth in a revelation, dream or vision.

I thank you for, finally, pointing out the error my heart, through the influence of the Spirit kept perceiving. My prayer now is that one of us here can assist you in finding the truth and in dumping the false that was not delivered by God.

No, that command is and not was, but is found between the lines of the Ten. He did scribe it into stone but it is there and before He wrote with His finger on the stone tablets, He taught that to Cain and Äble and just as it was and is written on the hearts of every man, it has always been there.

In the John Passage He is stating what He has written on the hearts of every man and in the Romans Passage, Paul is reminding us of that Law. These have naught to do with the fallacy you have adopted as theology at some point.

Back