Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Christians? Using self-defense and Guns?

What do you want me to say? When I have felt scared in situations or repay, evil with evil......it always amps up the evil. Whenever I have backed off an evil attack it diffuses the situation. The world does not work well with Spiritual attacks. We are talking about Spiritual matters. Physical manifests from Spiritual.

So you wouldn't even allow our justice system to prosecute someone who did you wrong?

I don't really care. If they did, or they didn't. I truly believe in a literal hell. I pray for people's salvation if they do criminal acts, but God is very just if they choose to stay that way.

It is actually VERY hard to be a woman and submissive. I come from a very feminist family. My mom had all sisters, I only had a sister and my dad was absent and I married a man with only sisters.
The world would like it if you WEREN'T submissive.

The world takes female and male traits, the ones God gave us, and try to strip them away.

Jesse ~ Jesus was/is submissive to his Father's will.
Jesus was a leader, not a push over to men.

Men are supposed to lead their wives and families, and now you and others obviously would like to take that role away from men - as gg said. Men are the protectors of their families.

Men are supposed to lead their wives and families, and now you and others obviously would like to take that role away from men - as gg said. Men are the protectors of their families.
I want to make a minor correction as a former pacifist. they don't see that as such. they see that pacifism is a matter of trust and submission to god. they aren't trying to make men less manly.

I actually kind of listen to my husband (even though he is not a full believer) And Jesus did submit to the Father. I think people have their own agendas of what doing God's will entails.

No it's not, are you calling God sexist and ignorant? Seems how he's the one who said it?
No, you said it here. If you were to reference scripture you would recall that scripture says both sexes are to be submissive to one another out of reverence for Christ. (Ephesians 5:21)
Further, the new testament was written in Greek. There are six words in the Greek that can be interpreted in a way that refers to our understanding of submission. But it is not what you are attempting to imply with your remarks about women here.

This article might help you gain an understanding.

What is Biblical Submission?

I want to make a minor correction as a former pacifist. they don't see that as such. they see that pacifism is a matter of trust and submission to god. they aren't trying to make men less manly.
Maybe people are not really understanding what i'm trying to say, or maybe they are and I have something to learn, I think we all should have a submission to God and trust Him for everything. There is nothing without Him. We should also be in submission to authority.

I also know God gave us senses and instincts and when we are able, we protect our loved ones because God gave us a way to do so.

The world is trying to make it so it's not ok for men to protect their families. The man IS the protector, provider and leader of the family, it doesn't mean they are the law and no one else has say. It doesn't mean the wife does whatever the husband tells them too, in many cases I've seen it the other way around .haha

But being submissive, in my book, is to allow someone else to walk all over your loved ones, to abuse them, to not stand up for yourself and loved ones. The world wants to take male and female traits away and make them the same.

Maybe people are not really understanding what i'm trying to say, or maybe they are and I have something to learn, I think we all should have a submission to God and trust Him for everything. There is nothing without Him. We should also be in submission to authority.

I also know God gave us senses and instincts and when we are able, we protect our loved ones because God gave us a way to do so.

The world is trying to make it so it's not ok for men to protect their families. The man IS the protector, provider and leader of the family, it doesn't mean they are the law and no one else has say. It doesn't mean the wife does whatever the husband tells them too, in many cases I've seen it the other way around .haha

But being submissive, in my book, is to allow someone else to walk all over your loved ones, to abuse them, to not stand up for yourself and loved ones. The world wants to take male and female traits away and make them the same.
since its too emotional in the other thread. I will post that here on what is meekness.

meekness a soldier and nco is this as im held to a higher standard and that is among mp's which are held to the higher standard in the army. I cant just beat the tar out of a detainee because he punched me. I must use the minimal amount of force to stop him. if he or she is able to be controlled with a take down and cuffed then that is all can use. if it take going through the force matrix to lethal force and its justified then its allowed. that is meekness and it take submission in my nature to do that.

I cant just not feed a detainee or torture him because he shot a soldier or a soldier that is at usdb for a crime of rape etc that killed or raped another. I must despite my feelings guard him and feed him while he is under my custody. that is what meekness. having the power to but allowing to be tempered.

No, you said it here. If you were to reference scripture you would recall that scripture says both sexes are to be submissive to one another out of reverence for Christ. (Ephesians 5:21)
Further, the new testament was written in Greek. There are six words in the Greek that can be interpreted in a way that refers to our understanding of submission. But it is not what you are attempting to imply with your remarks about women here.

This article might help you gain an understanding.

What is Biblical Submission?
I would rather be the one beating off a rapist/murderer over having my wife do it (if I had a wife).

Husbands should serve and PROTECT their wives - and women do have submissive characteristics. Not sure why that offends you.

since its too emotional in the other thread. I will post that here on what is meekness.

meekness a soldier and nco is this as im held to a higher standard and that is among mp's which are held to the higher standard in the army. I cant just beat the tar out of a detainee because he punched me. I must use the minimal amount of force to stop him. if he or she is able to be controlled with a take down and cuffed then that is all can use. if it take going through the force matrix to lethal force and its justified then its allowed. that is meekness and it take submission in my nature to do that.

I cant just not feed a detainee or torture him because he shot a soldier or a soldier that is at usdb for a crime of rape etc that killed or raped another. I must despite my feelings guard him and feed him while he is under my custody. that is what meekness. having the power to but allowing to be tempered.
So what I think you're saying is that meekness is humbleness and it takes courage to be that way? Also self-discipline? We can be submissive to the Lord and STILL stop a criminal.

That's what I am always wondering why people believe that stopping a criminal or someone who you are guarding means to always kill the person, it doesn't and shouldn't always mean that.

Back