Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Christians? Using self-defense and Guns?

So what I think you're saying is that meekness is humbleness and it takes courage to be that way? Also self-discipline?

That's what I am always wondering why people believe that stopping a criminal or someone who you are guarding means to always kill the person, it doesn't and shouldn't always mean that.
use the minimal amount of force to stop the crime. that is a grey area and also a loaded statement. it can be lethal force, or less then lethal force.sometimes its just presence. intidimation by being mean. as Obadiah says cops do play that game.

use the minimal amount of force to stop the crime. that is a grey area and also a loaded statement. it can be lethal force, or less then lethal force.sometimes its just presence. intidimation by being mean. as Obadiah says cops do play that game.
If we are truly being submissive to God, the reaction we have towards a criminal would not be out of "meanness", but simply out of protecting whomever is there from the crime, right?

If we are truly being submissive to God, the reaction we have towards a criminal would not be out of "meanness", but simply out of protecting whomever is there from the crime, right?
oh it will be anger, but not as one who has vengeful thoughts. I might be but that is the flesh. anger for the hurt caused to the love one.

oh it will be anger, but not as one who has vengeful thoughts. I might be but that is the flesh. anger for the hurt caused to the love one.
Yes, I think anger is what causes the adrenaline to get going so a person would do what needs to be done.

Yes, I think anger is what causes the adrenaline to get going so a person would do what needs to be done.
sadly the only time I felt that is when after a lot of pushing from my sister is when she decided to raise her fist at me, I reacted and use pressure points to show her. want to fight me, this is what will happen. she didn't bother me again. she got the hint. my brother didn't and he and her went into a fight. he never punched back. he and I had to charge her with a crime after talking to dad. it was a last resort and a sad chapter in my family.

my sister regrets that time and day and today understand why we did it. I still don't like thinking about it. to this day I cant say its been the same. she is forgiven but its there as I know her nature. perhaps I need to let go. either way pray

I don't really care. If they did, or they didn't. I truly believe in a literal hell. I pray for people's salvation if they do criminal acts, but God is very just if they choose to stay that way.
Is it a sin to prosecute criminals in our justice system? If we are to hand it over to God.

Is it a sin to prosecute criminals in our justice system? If we are to hand it over to God.

This probably won't answer your question, but when I got called for jury duty I told them that I could not make an opinion about the person......so they excused me from having to do it.

This probably won't answer your question, but when I got called for jury duty I told them that I could not make an opinion about the person......so they excused me from having to do it.
Basically, as a human being you have absolved any sense of responsibility while you're on earth? You are forfeiting all responsibility so others will have to do it for you?

What I am seeing here is that you are not really concerned about the other person, you are only concerned about protecting yourself from would be any judgement from God, correct?

If you knew God would not punish you for stopping a rapist from raping a 4 year old, then you would stop the rapist?

In a sense, this would be putting yourself above the 4 year old, which is justifying yourself through self-righteousness.

Basically, as a human being you have absolved any sense of responsibility while you're on earth? You are forfeiting all responsibility so others will have to do it for you?

What I am seeing here is that you are not really concerned about the other person, you are only concerned about protecting yourself from would be any judgement from God, correct?

If you knew God would not punish you for stopping a rapist from raping a 4 year old, then you would stop the rapist?

In a sense, this would be putting yourself above the 4 year old, which is justifying yourself through self-righteousness.

You are kind of seeing tunnel-vision with what I am saying. I said I would stop rapists. And self-righteousness is when you only see your little view of "your" world.....not the big picture

You are kind of seeing tunnel-vision with what I am saying. I said I would stop rapists. And self-righteousness is when you only see your little view of "your" world.....not the big picture
I recall you did say that, you would stop a rapist but refuse to sit on a jury?

It seems like maybe you're not quit sure about the why of it all.

Back