Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Christians? Using self-defense and Guns?

The Bible says that we are not to judge another UNTIL we have pulled the plank from our own eye, and in this way we will be able to see justly of the other person.

Matthew 7:5Y, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

The Bible says that we are not to judge another UNTIL we have pulled the plank from our own eye, and in this way we will be able to see justly of the other person.

Matthew 7:5Y, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

I was thinking this scripture also, but didn't know how it would relate to the judicial system.

I want to make a minor correction as a former pacifist. they don't see that as such. they see that pacifism is a matter of trust and submission to god. they aren't trying to make men less manly.

I disagree, that is what they want us to believe.

Most men that are pacifist were raised by a single mom that did the best that she could without the leading authority of the MAN, because he opted out of being a man and was just the male.

Trust and submission to God for a MAN, is playing the role of protector, provider and spiritual leader of his family in this fallen world. That is Godly and manly. So, yes they do try to make us less manly.

I was thinking this scripture also, but didn't know how it would relate to the judicial system.
I suppose it means to be right with God, repent of all your sins, make sure you're in the faith and go to jury duty blessed by God and in prayer that God would lead you in the right decision. Not sure if that's what you mean.

I would rather be the one beating off a rapist/murderer over having my wife do it (if I had a wife).

Husbands should serve and PROTECT their wives - and women do have submissive characteristics. Not sure why that offends you.
I'm not offended. I'm attempting to correct your ignorance and sexist point of view.

Jesse said:
I realize you are submissive, that's a female trait.
You repeatedly insist it is a female trait. I'll stop now. If a link to the Greek reference and reason doesn't help you that's perfectly as God wills.

Do you not run the chance of 'do not judge, or you too will be judged'? Serious question
I know I have explained this for your edification that Matt. 7:1 is not a key verse and that the context must include most of that chapter and then it tells us to judge righteously and in no manner tells us to be the world idiots and never judge. Now, I've said it again.

It fits like a tailor made glove on one's hand and must be considered because it is part of the first paragraph and that paragraph outlines the purpose or the topic of that chapter.

I'm not offended. I'm attempting to correct your ignorance and sexist point of view.

You repeatedly insist it is a female trait. I'll stop now. If a link to the Greek reference and reason doesn't help you that's perfectly as God wills.
TK,
The problem with your theology is that Jesse's view is based on the whole of scripture and he is not pulling verses out of their context to prove his point. Any point, including murder, can be rationalized as corret by extracting scripture out of it's context. The two most famous, where this was the case are the perverted results of Jim Jones, at Jonestown, and David Koresh, the Waco Wacko. They raped the scriptures and used them, out of context, to teach heresy.

The scriptures are very clear that the female human is the gentler of the type and for the woman to be the leader is never approved by God in the Bible. My wife was a machine operate when we married and she could draw a bead welding better than I did but that did not make course nor did it toughen her femininity. She was and she is still the gentler of us.

Oh, she's also, so, much more beautiful that this old bucket of rust.

TK,
The problem with your theology is that Jesse's view is based on the whole of scripture and he is not pulling verses out of their context to prove his point. Any point, including murder, can be rationalized as corret by extracting scripture out of it's context. The two most famous, where this was the case are the perverted results of Jim Jones, at Jonestown, and David Koresh, the Waco Wacko. They raped the scriptures and used them, out of context, to teach heresy.

The scriptures are very clear that the female human is the gentler of the type and for the woman to be the leader is never approved by God in the Bible. My wife was a machine operate when we married and she could draw a bead welding better than I did but that did not make course nor did it toughen her femininity. She was and she is still the gentler of us.

Oh, she's also, so, much more beautiful that this old bucket of rust.
No, my theology isn't the one lacking here. But as I said, I'll leave ignorance of scripture where it is pleased to stay. It is as God wills.

No, my theology isn't the one lacking here. But as I said, I'll leave ignorance of scripture where it is pleased to stay. It is as God wills.
Sadly, your words demonstrate the truth of your statement.

Praying for God to bless you with the wisdom found in His word, especially the Proverbs.

I don't really care. If they did, or they didn't. I truly believe in a literal hell. I pray for people's salvation if they do criminal acts, but God is very just if they choose to stay that way.
LtD you make a very good point.....................the biggest meanest woman rapest man killing person does NOT go to hell because of his raping or killing or badness.....NO...No...NO....No he goes to hell for one reason and one reason only. That he DID NOT make Jesus Lord of his life......Thats the ONLY reason any one goes to hell....It's NOT God's choice it is man's choice.........

oh it will be anger, but not as one who has vengeful thoughts. I might be but that is the flesh. anger for the hurt caused to the love one.
FLESH........Now you are really heading for trouble.............WE walk by Faith NOT the flesh.......crucify the Flesh is our duty, comand and if we are smart we realise it please our Heavenly Father !!
NO NO NO........you can not allow the flesh to get involved......flesh is the old way of thinking......thinking without God.

LtD you make a very good point.....................the biggest meanest woman rapest man killing person does NOT go to hell because of his raping or killing or badness.....NO...No...NO....No he goes to hell for one reason and one reason only. That he DID NOT make Jesus Lord of his life......Thats the ONLY reason any one goes to hell....It's NOT God's choice it is man's choice.........

Indeed.

John 3:17-21 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

Do you not run the chance of 'do not judge, or you too will be judged'? Serious question

1Co 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
1Co 6:4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
1Co 6:5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
The words of Jesus ...Joh 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

TK,
extracting scripture out of it's context. The two most famous, where this was the case are the perverted results of Jim Jones, at Jonestown, and David Koresh, the Waco Wacko. They raped the scriptures and used them, out of context, to teach heresy.

The reason why these people were so dangerous, is that they had a God-complex. And if I'm not mistaken.......they were armed with many weapons. Not very Jesus-like.

LTD,
If we do not have rock solid Christians in our Goverment we will be in trouble. If you are a judge or in a jury, God will expect you to judge honestly and listen to His voice for WE will judge the world one day.
The scripture you are taking text from is talking about judging our brethern for thier faults. WE are to judge our own actions....forgive others and pray for them and love them.....

Back