Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Christians? Using self-defense and Guns?

LtD you make a very good point.....................the biggest meanest woman rapest man killing person does NOT go to hell because of his raping or killing or badness.....NO...No...NO....No he goes to hell for one reason and one reason only. That he DID NOT make Jesus Lord of his life......Thats the ONLY reason any one goes to hell....It's NOT God's choice it is man's choice.........
If a line of bad guys from here to New York was shot and killed by a guy named Sam ...Sam was not sending any of them, not one to hell ... We can not condemn any one to hell .. nor can we give them eternal life...We do not have that authority.. power etc. I sure dont want it...

If a line of bad guys from here to New York was shot and killed by a guy named Sam ...Sam was not sending any of them, not one to hell ... We can not condemn any one to hell .. nor can we give them eternal life...We do not have that authority.. power etc. I sure dont want it...

I don't see your line of reasoning. Sam is a bad guy also.

True....But Sam may have just cut thier chance of repentance a tad short !

yes, he sure did.
We are walking in the time of "GRACE".......another words........He is giving us time to repent and get our life right with Him.......His clock is running out...............that is why we are seeing so much evil and disaster in this world.
Oh He is coming back and we need to get His love into the hearts of as many of these so called bad people as we can.
God loves them....

HUH ? What I meant was.....God expects His children to be in High places or officials or in goverment.

I thought Jesus said his kingdom was not of this world. and give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what belongs to God. Remember when the devil offered all kingdoms to Jesus at the temptation

NOt at all...Sam is not God... and Salvation is not by chance..
That few gives control of salvation to a man .. a bad guy
at that ...

I agree Reba that sam is not GOD...SO Glad for that ;) However...........even though sam is not God I have to wonder this.....would any of those men who sam shot been alive the next day or next week if sam had not shot them AND therefore been able to repent and make Jesus Lord of thier lives ? Think about it.......even though some one may be as mean and evil as the devil is....if we kill them......they are done.....game over........there is no RE-BOOT or back space or deleat button here.....they are no longer in thier bodies and therefore have NO CHANCE to repent and get saved.........
Not something I want to answer too.....

I thought Jesus said his kingdom was not of this world. and give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what belongs to God. Remember when the devil offered all kingdoms to Jesus at the temptation

LTD YES that is true...........However that was while Jesus was still in His early stages of being in this earth.
What I mean is all that happened even before Jesus gathered up the men to ber His diciples. Satin was trying to stop all this by getting Jesus to Worship him ( ther devil ) and not God......see satin at that time did have much control over the earth and death....BUT it was on the cross that the devil was defeated......When Jesus went down to hell carring our sins all the evil spirits and demons and satin himself was there tormenting Jesus for they tyhought they had berat him and God.........OHHHHH but then God said Enough........and that is when Life came back into Jesus and He began to rise and shine :) OHHHHH what a event.....Jesus rose up and defeated all that evil and paraded satin around that nasty pit for all his cohorts to see.,...... took back the keys of death for us. Now remember this....Jesus is and always will be the First Born Again Man !!

you and i will not agree on this.. :) one human does have control over anothers eternity :)

I aint asken ya too !! rofl....sorry just had too. I am saying....man can cut another mans chances short. Come on man has free will and can cut his own chances short......I did not say sam sent them to hell or caused them to go to hell. If they went to hell it iws because of the choice they made to not make Jesus Lord of thier life...... However.......now listen to me.......lol.........if a man kills another man who is unsaved........the man who shot the unsaved man simply cut the unsaved mans chances of getting saved short.....if shot man went to hell it is because shot man did not make Jesus his Lord.....does this clear up what I am saying...... REBA I agree with what you are saying that one man do9es not have control over another man going to hell. Its a choice.....made by not excepting Jesus as Lord and savior of your life....

If as man was going to witness to his friend the next day but the man went out and got drunk big time and wrecked his car and died without knowing Jesus.......sad but the man made a choice to drink and drive and it CUT his Time to Repent short....very short.......Now what I was saying is sam cut the mens chances short to repent by killing them BUT YES Reba.............sam did not send them to Hell.....They sent thierselves for never making Jesus Lord of thier lives....
I hope now you see what I was saying.....;)

I see what you are saying .. You are saying if one man kills another in your opinion the shooter may have stepped in front of God's sending the dead guy the message of salvation.

I say God knows the number of hairs on ones head he knows the time of our death.. No man can cuts into God s time.

I aint asken ya too !! rofl...
:biggrin2

Reba I hope I am not upsetting you. I hope my words are not coming out as if I am yelling or trying to be right.
OMG that is so not me. I am however enjoying all the conversations in here.
God has set a time for life and death.......however your time here on earth is not set in stone. We have the choice ((free will )) to walk in His ways or ours and some times those who choose to walk in thier own ways make stupid choices which gets them killed and there for making thier time shorter then it needed to be.

No you are not upsetting me.. not in the least...I too enjoy the conversations..

choose to walk in thier own ways make stupid choices which gets them killed and there for making thier time shorter then it needed to be.
their time yup but not Gods...

Back