Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Christians? Using self-defense and Guns?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Have you ever tried?

I have been in a life threatening situation and I wish I would have had a gun or a knife even a bowling ball...

No, but like I stated previously that I hope that God gives me the strength to do the right thing in the situation.

Just a side note: My father-in-law stopped someone from stealing in his neighborhood with pretending his finger was a gun in his bath robe.

No, but like I stated previously that I hope that God gives me the strength to do the right thing in the situation.

Just a side note: My father-in-law stopped someone from stealing in his neighborhood with pretending his finger was a gun in his bath robe.
Yep, that's exactly it! If more law abiding citizens were armed they would be able to show the weapon and chase off the would be criminals. No one said you had to use it, but it does make the criminal think twice.

The problem with your stance is, law abiding citizens might give up their guns - but the criminal will still have theirs. It's a theoretical society that sounds all good and mushy but it won't be reality until heaven.

Yep, that's exactly it! If more law abiding citizens were armed they would be able to show the weapon and chase off the would be criminals. No one said you had to use it, but it does make the criminal think twice.

The problem with your stance is, law abiding citizens might give up their guns - but the criminal will still have theirs. It's a theoretical society that sounds all good and mushy but it won't be reality until heaven.

I wish it were easy as that, but people don't see people as a possible child as our heavenly Father. They see threat and want to remove the threat.

True. One got a chance to see the truth before he died.:shrug
No offense, but I think it's odd you would not protect your loved ones, even children, those who God has entrusted into your care and let the criminal have their way with them.

It's a sin to not protect them.

You didn't answer my question - you think our military should rid themselves of weapons?

If you want me to say that I will kill someone in order for me to protect my children, the answer is "no". I see them as important as my children. The world is screwed up obviously because "groups" are more important than others. That is why I look forward to heaven and the heavenly family. Anyone with an attitude of "I matter more" will not be there.

Military should not have weapons, but I guess that would not make them military. So it is a moot point.

If you want me to say that I will kill someone in order for me to protect my children, the answer is "no". I see them as important as my children. The world is screwed up obviously because "groups" are more important than others. That is why I look forward to heaven and the heavenly family. Anyone with an attitude of "I matter more" will not be there.

Military should not have weapons, but I guess that would not make them military. So it is a moot point.
A person who lets their own children be killed and raped WITHOUT doing anything to stop it (or at least trying), is behaving cowardly, big time.

The military gave you the right to write whatever it is you want to write on this forum, now you claim they should get rid of their weapons?

I think you should go live where ISIS is currently active.

Luke, in the New Testament, encouraged a man to sell his cloak to buy a sword. I am a pro 2nd Amendment Christian. Luke 22:36.

Um, didn't say I wouldn't do something...just not violence.

No, God gave you and me the right to be here.
Satan likes pacifism, what better way to spread his evil when believers are too afraid to protect their loved ones by force. Satan wants you to be undefended so you are unable to protect your loved ones.

This is not fairy tale land.

Satan likes pacifism, what better way to spread his evil when believers are too afraid to protect their loved ones by force. Satan wants you to be undefended so you are unable to protect your loved ones.

This is not fairy tale land.

You need to start quoting scripture now, because I think you only have opinion.

I read it as God watches over us, even if we are in the middle of getting tortured and killed...... "He" will repay with his justice. And the people being led towards slaughter are those who don't trust in God wholly.
why work? why call the law when there is a crime? just pray? seriously think what you have said. I have been near once again a robbery simply doing my job. if they wanted an easy target, I would be it.

You need to start quoting scripture now, because I think you only have opinion.
Reba already did quote scripture and it was largely ignored.

You don't believe that satan wants to destroy you and spread evil, that he wants your children raped and murdered?

You can stop a murder or rape without violence.
I would like to see that. im not old but I do train in mma and self defense. I know people that are in my gym and out weigh me and at present its hard to stop them in sparring with the grappling. im not a chump but I also know what my limits are each time I train.

Luke, in the New Testament, encouraged a man to sell his cloak to buy a sword. I am a pro 2nd Amendment Christian. Luke 22:36.

What does it mean when Jesus says " what is written about me is reaching fulfillment" ? Was he saying that just to fill prophecy?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back