Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Conspiracy Theories

F

Fedusenko

I love them! True or not, obvious or not, I have a special place in my heart for them! They start the imagination (for better or worse) and inspire stories to write. What are some that intrigue you?

Montauk Project
Haarp Mind Control
Dentists were used to spread Aids
Tesla's Free Energy
Giants in Laos Mountains

That is all I can think of currently (I should be able to recall more). What are some fun ones?

I don't mind conspiracy theories as fodder for water cooler chatter or a jumping off point for fiction...

I do hate it when Christians hold to their conspiracy theory even tighter than the Gospel, especially when the cause of Christ is hurt by it.

Christian: "Let me tell you, Obama was born in Kenya!!! I saw his grandma on a you tube video that PROVES it!!!!!"

Non-Christain: "Hogwash. That video has long since been debunked and Obama's Hawaian birth certificate is quite authentic."

Christian: "Oh yeah? Well then, let me tell you that the Free Masons actually control the world and it doesn't matter one whit who you vote for, they'll put who they want in the White House."

Non-Christian: "Please... My father, grandfather, great-grandfather and so on were all Masons... they are a civic minded fraternity that do a lot of good."

Christian: "Oh... well let me tell you that George Bush is a Builderberg and sacrificed children in the woods north of San Francisco."

Non-Christian: :nono2

Christian: "Don't believe that either.... Oh well, let me tell you this then... Do you know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that God the Father loves you so much that He sent Jesus to die so that you might live?"

Non-Christian: "Yeah....right."

I'm with handy. Conspiracy theories are interesting and all, but I don't think it does Christians any favors when some of us (usually very vocal ones) choose to discuss these theories and stick to them despite all evidence to the contrary.

I think there's a kind of sociological importance to these theories, too. I mean, I can't evaluate all of them, so I'm not passing judgment on how (un)true they are, but it does raise some questions: what is true? Who decides this? What information is "valid" ? Why?

...buzz killer.

Man made earth quakes are real and weather control has been an international industry since the 60's. I heard an interview where Russia offer to create a typhoon for Indonesia to blow out all the pollution during a huge wild fire happening up stream. There is speculation now that clouds need certain bacteria to form rain... The common chemical in 'chem trails' is silver iodide.

The coolest story by far is a man who caused England's pound to crash because he sold so much currency in one day. The result as I understand it is that they banned him from entering the country. I don't know if it is true, though.

I think the issue with Masons is that you swear an oath to protect members from any outside threat. For this reason I believe that members should not be in public service, period.

what is true? Who decides this? What information is "valid" ? Why?

That is a whole other thread my friend.

I love the show Fringe because of consiracy theories. Same for x files.

When I lived in NYC I would see full auto armed security outside of certain buildings. Usually they were not labeled as anything, much less government. It always raised an eyebrow.

Never seen Fringe, but I love X-Files.... sort of jumped the shark when Duchovny left and Patrick and Gish came on, but the earlier stuff, with Mulder and Scully... :thumbsup

Sorry if I'm another buzz-killer, but when I hear people seriously drone on about this conspiracy or that, my instinct is to think the person going on about them has not settled in his heart that God is in control... a group of men in some star-chamber are. Regardless of what the theory is about, I try to live my life obedient to Him, and trust that whatever He has determined will be, will be.

Being aware and doing your part is one thing. Obsessing with them is another.

If I found them interesting, I might not mind amusing myself over them. But I simply don't find them interesting at all. :shrug

Handy:
Wuh? You need to check out Fringe! If you like X-files then Fringe is a no brainer! Watch it from the begining, though. The season and franchise arch flow through all the episodes and you will be left missing out if you watch them out of order. I am sure you can rent season 1 somewhere.

I have childhood memories of watching xfiles with my dad. We would eat chips, caso and he would have a beer. As soon as he double dipped after drinking any I would stop because I was afraid I would get drunk! I wish I was a kid again...

Mike:
No obsession. Intrigue, enjoyment, thrilling? Sure! I guess I hit up the wrong forum with this. I sincerely hope a giant Yetti doesn't step in front of your car... just say'n.

Handy:
Wuh? You need to check out Fringe! If you like X-files then Fringe is a no brainer! Watch it from the begining, though. The season and franchise arch flow through all the episodes and you will be left missing out if you watch them out of order. I am sure you can rent season 1 somewhere.

I have childhood memories of watching xfiles with my dad. We would eat chips, caso and he would have a beer. As soon as he double dipped after drinking any I would stop because I was afraid I would get drunk! I wish I was a kid again...

Mike:
No obsession. Intrigue, enjoyment, thrilling? Sure! I guess I hit up the wrong forum with this. I sincerely hope a giant Yetti doesn't step in front of your car... just say'n.

Well I see Netflixs has the dvd's so when it's my turn to order up something, I'll have to check it out! :yes

Generally don't have much time for conspiracy theories. There's much more important stuff going on, IMO. They usually seem to be based purely on coincidental evidence and conjecture. They often seem to distract people from the Gospel anyway.

But....the one conspiracy theory I do indulge in a bit is JFK. Quite interesting, but that's it. I don't get too worried about it, but it is certainly interesting.

lol, im thinking of a certian member that hasnt been here that all he posted was this stuff and he taught it as gospel.

sorry, those who know whom im talking about will understand as man we clashed.

They are like a 'Who Dunnit' for me, except without the satisfaction of finding out. It is the cliff hanger to keep you in the tangle.

Some out there conspiracies are the Anaki and Reptilians taking over. Watch out for tall bleached folks that seem to be reading your mind...

Montauk Project - never heard of it.

Haarp Mind Control - total baloney. HAARP is an ionospheric experiment platform, and any university physics department can request access to it. Nothing nefarious going on there.

Dentists were used to spread Aids - and just why would dentists go along with this? (Well, all DDS's are evil, so I guess it makes sense... :D )

Tesla's Free Energy - It is shameful that people make Tesla out to be a charlatan and a quack - such CT's are a disrespectful attempt to mislead people about what Tesla was researching, and the effectiveness of that research.

Giants in Laos Mountains - never heard of it.

I was watching South Park once, and they had a conspiracy theory episode. While it's satire I thought the idea that the Government set up every conspiracy theory is an interesting thought. South Park even says why they would do this, to make people think they had absolute power. And what better way to show they had absolute power than make people think they could pull off things that the conspiracy theories entail. I mean I know it's satire and don't think that's the case but it's one of those "Oh man. That actually kind makes sense and is funny"

Montauk Project: Back in the day the US was testing a particular technology for time travel. Their goal was to send an entire battle ship to another time. Government officials are reported to have seen a green mist form around the hull and then a bright light (kind of like in pirates of the Caribbean) then it was gone. It reappeared later and most everyone was missing except for about 11 men who had been fused to the ship. There is one survivor who escaped the carnage unharmed. I am told he is under constant surveillance and anyone who searches for him are marked in a database and watched as well.

Haarp Mind Control: Of course, but there are other theories that state its purpose is for global weather control, causing earthquakes, and so on. The concept behind the mind control is to influence moods by sending out alpha, beta, and theda waves that we somehow pick up subconsciously and react accordingly. One really neat application for Haarp that is confirmed (i would have to find my source again, though) is that they can use it to image the earth to incredible depths.

Tesla: One thing that does warrant scrutiny about what happened with this man is that the government collected a whole bunch of his research and classified it under the reason of National Security. One of the neat stories about Tesla was near the time of his death he was in either Denver or New York apartment working on harmonics applications. His entire building began shaking violently, but no one could hear the source in his room so when the cops finally reached him in their efforts to evacuate the building the found out what he was doing. Needless to say they made his shut it off.

Dentists Spread Aids: The underlying reason why you don't really want to go to the dentist...

Laos Giants: This is something that locals say of a specific area. They claim that the giants are protecting gold and that is the reason they have been attacked by so many different countries. Many parties have entered the region in search of the treasure but are not heard back from.

Yes, I know the vast majority of CT's are ridiculous, but they are fun. I am not trying to espouse any beliefs, just trying to make a fun thread. All you folks that are bashing it are probably in on it together, private messaging each other of what to say, deciding who is good cop/bad cop, I am sure even the mods are watching closely. :chin

Well just about everyone here knows how I feel about Christians who are obsessed with conspiracy theories. :lol

That is a whole other thread my friend.

I love the show Fringe because of consiracy theories. Same for x files.

When I lived in NYC I would see full auto armed security outside of certain buildings. Usually they were not labeled as anything, much less government. It always raised an eyebrow.
I watch Fringe, though it hasn't really caught my attention lately. I watched through most of the first season and on through the parallel universe story line.

Though the series uses some common and obscure theories, they treated them as actual events which were under investigation by "Fringe Division" of the FBI. So if there's any real conspiracy to deal with, it would probably be, does the FBI really have a Fringe Division? :chin

Personally, if one is on the side of God, does nay of it really matter?

As for the armored vehicles in NYC, I believe there is a rational explanation for that too. It all depends on where in the City did you see these vehicles? For instance, it's not a secret though it isn't well know, that underground in lower Manhattan is a immense underground Federal vault for gold. It's the largest in the world. :yes

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=5835433&page=1#.T3In_dnwl8E

Personally, if one is on the side of God, does nay of it really matter?

That way of thinking should apply globally and one should not pick and choose (see heretic) whether sports, books, television, music, car interests, politics, ect. apply.

Word Origin & History

heretic
early 14c., from Fr. hérétique (14c.), from Church L. hereticus, from Gk. hairetikos "able to choose," the verbal adj. of hairein (see heresy).

I believe that we should trust in God. He makes promises and he has/will fulfill them. I do not believe that because a company dumps toxic chemicals into a water supply that I should just let it slide and 'trust in God'. We are to be the gardeners of this Earth. We work and till and care for what God has given lest we destroy what was put in our care.

I am not endorsing CT to be true in full or part, but simply stating that mistaking 'trusting God' as disregarding the bad in the world is wrong. That is why I would not adopt that philosophy. God has people use action to correct the wrong. Willful allowance of evil is a sin.

I also want to state that CT's are entertaining and would like for others to share some fun CT's!

As for the armored vehicles in NYC, I believe there is a rational explanation for that too. It all depends on where in the City did you see these vehicles? For instance, it's not a secret though it isn't well know, that underground in lower Manhattan is a immense underground Federal vault for gold. It's the largest in the world. :yes

Eh, Armored cars are everywhere, in every city and ussually have the name Fargo on the side of them. What I meant was heavily armed men in uniform. Not just one or two, but twenty or so! I would see them at one place or another. Seen them at hotels and such.

It is good that you posted that link. Thanks! I think it is a shame that the Fed does not own much of what it stores. It is also a shame other branches of the government can not overpower them. Why would a money press need accounting, anyways?

That explains why Fort Knox is void of gold.

A year or so ago, renown author Brad Meltzer's show on History Channel had an episode on Fort Knox being empty of gold....people in the little town outside the fort knew it was empty ... but no one knew where the gold went; they only knew it was gone.

Thanks for the additional info, Vic!

Back