Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Coronavirus

It's just above the countries list.

So yesterday's statistics we have cases

NZ just over 1 in a million

Australia just under 1 in a million

USA I can't figure that one out in my brain. Well I could but it's late and I'm tired and lazy. 25,000 with a 330 million population is 1 in ?

So yesterday's statistics we have cases

NZ just over 1 in a million

Australia just under 1 in a million

USA I can't figure that one out in my brain. Well I could but it's late and I'm tired and lazy. 25,000 with a 330 million population is 1 in ?
That's new cases...in one day.

Look at total cases on the left and towards the right you have cases per million...which you can extrapolate to percentages of the population.
So how many thousands does it take to equal one percent?

That's new cases...in one day.

Look at total cases on the left and towards the right you have cases per million...which you can extrapolate to percentages of the population.
So how many thousands does it take to equal one percent?

But total cases is total cases so it can only get higher even if people have recovered. It just means total cases. But total cases in NZ

1,451 total cases with a 4.8 million population is...I got no idea, under 0%.

Last edited:
But total cases is total cases so it can only get higher even if people have recovered. It just means total cases. But we can do a total cases. Start with NZ.

1,451 total cases with a 4.8 million population is...I got no idea the exact percent, under 0% of the population anyhow.
Look at total number of cases then subtract total deaths and recovered.... they might have total active cases listed too.

But total cases is total cases so it can only get higher even if people have recovered. It just means total cases. But total cases in NZ

1,451 total cases with a 4.8 million population is...I got no idea the exact percent, under 0% of the population anyhow.
You have 300 cases per one million people...=0.03%

Currently you have 400 active cases for NZ period.... you have had 1000 people recovered and the rest died.

You have 300 cases per one million people...=0.03%

Currently you have 400 active cases for NZ period.... you have had 1000 people recovered and the rest died.

So I was going on the daily cases, and 400 is the active cases now.

So that would mean 0.04% of the population has 19 that is known.

Last edited:
USA 819,175 confirmed cases. Herd immunity is estimated at 200 to 250 million people. There is still a long way to go. Unless they develop a cure.

USA 819,175 confirmed cases. Herd immunity is estimated at 200 to 250 million people. There is still a long way to go. Unless they develop a cure.
They are still working on treatments...
And that's the quickest thing.
They have moved to stage two on a couple of different studies...
One of which is a broad spectrum Corona antiviral. They are looking for toxicity levels and minimum effective dosing.

Meaning that various cities are getting trial cures.

Ok...
Now I'm upset.
They cancelled the synchronized fireflies... closed the campground and are not having a lottery for the shuttle service this year.
:grumpy

I'm having trouble determining whether or not that this comment is actually genuine,.. or I should just go ahead and laugh at it. :rofl2

I'm having trouble determining whether or not that this comment is actually genuine,.. or I should just go ahead and laugh at it. :rofl2
Oh it's serious.
Synchronized fireflies is an oddity that is spectacular to watch.
There is only a two week period that is the highlight of the phenomenon.

The spectacular display in the Smokey Mountains (Gatlinburg) is the best. They hold a lottery to gain access to the location as they only allow a few in to see it every year. They have tens of thousands apply to the lottery before they shut it down after only two days.

And winning is like winning the Powerball... selling seats in your vehicle is not uncommon. It's that in demand and access is that limited.

They are super restrictive about checking ID's.

But we went last year...it was a perfect day. We went with camping Chairs and a picnic dinner. Had a blast!

Back