Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Coronavirus

They are beginning to loosen up the quarantines...
And are being absolute idiots about it.

This mandatory facemask thing?
Okay...how's that supposed to work for patrons in a restaurant? (No live music)

Why is opening the gyms and workout centers one of the last things?

Why are nail salons one of the last places to open when the staff usually wears masks to begin with?

Surging outbreaks are going to happen with this thing getting loose. I get that.
The long term effects of this virus aren't known... the neurological damage, pulmonary damage and the cardiovascular damage it causes are going to take decades at a minimum to overcome for anyone who catches this thing... even when they only had a mild case.

This virus is beginning to mutate...sure it's a slow mutation but...
It needs millions of people to mutate...guess what lifting the quarantine is going to do? Nothing but give it millions of people to effect a mutation making all cures (a couple of months out from going to market) absolutely worthless.

Then the expected outbreaks from lifting the quarantine will affect even more of the food processing centers. We barely have enough operating now. American processed foods feed over 60% of the world. The list of foods is everything from frozen dinners to whole chickens and salads and salad dressings. (Everything in between too)

Not much goes straight from field to store. Everything is processed in some capacity anymore. Wheat ground into flour and etc.

But if these industrial butcher shops and yogurt factories close? Over half the world will starve.
Now what?

I hope some of you have a garden... gonna need it.

They are beginning to loosen up the quarantines...
And are being absolute idiots about it.

This mandatory facemask thing?
Okay...how's that supposed to work for patrons in a restaurant? (No live music)

Why is opening the gyms and workout centers one of the last things?

Why are nail salons one of the last places to open when the staff usually wears masks to begin with?

Surging outbreaks are going to happen with this thing getting loose. I get that.
The long term effects of this virus aren't known... the neurological damage, pulmonary damage and the cardiovascular damage it causes are going to take decades at a minimum to overcome for anyone who catches this thing... even when they only had a mild case.

This virus is beginning to mutate...sure it's a slow mutation but...
It needs millions of people to mutate...guess what lifting the quarantine is going to do? Nothing but give it millions of people to effect a mutation making all cures (a couple of months out from going to market) absolutely worthless.

Then the expected outbreaks from lifting the quarantine will affect even more of the food processing centers. We barely have enough operating now. American processed foods feed over 60% of the world. The list of foods is everything from frozen dinners to whole chickens and salads and salad dressings. (Everything in between too)

Not much goes straight from field to store. Everything is processed in some capacity anymore. Wheat ground into flour and etc.

But if these industrial butcher shops and yogurt factories close? Over half the world will starve.
Now what?

I hope some of you have a garden... gonna need it.
Not that I don't see your point ,but many States are broke.,.cant simply,fund by,fiat forever ,strains each of them will require a vaccine for each.can't just hope that 1200 bucks will keep you going .
Many self employed get nothing

Not that I don't see your point ,but many States are broke.,.cant simply,fund by,fiat forever ,strains each of them will require a vaccine for each.can't just hope that 1200 bucks will keep you going .
Many self employed get nothing

First off...
Ain't gonna be an effective vaccine for most likely at least two years. A cure is much more likely and most likely coming in a few months.

Cures aren't great...but it's better than nothing. They can keep the damages done to you at a minimum.
Stroke, lung damage, heart attacks, neurological toxins, and liver damage are much harder to overcome than a bit of poverty for a period of time.

Besides...not going to be anything to purchase soon enough in the stores anyway no matter how much money you have.
Of course they could actually go out and train your local grocery store butcher how to do something other than use the scale and the right label.
Prices will skyrocket.

First off...
Ain't gonna be an effective vaccine for most likely at least two years. A cure is much more likely and most likely coming in a few months.

Cures aren't great...but it's better than nothing. They can keep the damages done to you at a minimum.
Stroke, lung damage, heart attacks, neurological toxins, and liver damage are much harder to overcome than a bit of poverty for a period of time.

Besides...not going to be anything to purchase soon enough in the stores anyway no matter how much money you have.
Of course they could actually go out and train your local grocery store butcher how to do something other than use the scale and the right label.
Prices will skyrocket.
If you,don't,have a health problem from other then covid,like I,said had my,wife waited this year for a simple shoulder surgery ,she would be dying from ovarian cancer .they aren't treating non covid emergencies much

I'm not a fan of contact tracing. When the level lifts businesses must take customer details like name, phone, email. That's a breach of privacy. Why should people have to give others there personal information. It's just another violation.

Nothing should be compulsory it's just a complete joke.

You cannot visit your friend just because someone else thinks so and if you disagree and met your friend you get a penalty even if two people agree to take that risk and meet.

Can't do any activities like boating, or fishing, or mountain biking because you might need rescuing, Its like swimming at the beach when the lifeguards are not there or off duty, swim at your own risk.

You must give your personal details if you want to enter a shop, just because someone said so.

It's a complete joke. Someone decides to tell you what you can and cannot do and if you disagree and don't do what they say you get a penalty.

I have to admit that you do have a point there.

It's taking away peoples rights and adding a penalty. I mean I'm someone who believes people should have a choice. Not I believe you should not visit your friends right now or go in the ocean and if you don't do what I say you will get arrested.

Last edited:
It's taking away peoples rights and adding a penalty. I mean I'm someone who believes people should have a choice. Not I believe you should not visit your friends right now and if you don't do what I say you will get arrested.

Well, it just depends on the situation.

Well, it just depends on the situation.

What situation?, If two people both agreed to meet do you think anyone for any reason should be allowed to ban that and say they are not allowed and if they do meet they would receive a penalty and it's more than that cannot even visit your own family. These are civil liberties.

It's just a joke. Or going for a fish to catch food, whatever, not allowed or get a penalty.

I have never known anything so insane.

Last edited:
Under the law here the government has the right in a national emergency to infringe on some civil liberties. I just think it's crazy how far they have taken it to the point of near everything is banned.

Last edited:
It's ok to be peeved off. No one likes it when all there privelleges are taken away in a single day for weeks on end and who knows how many months or years. I'm not exactly happy im not allowed to do anything I enjoy or visit my friends or even visit my family or do other things.

I drove past a convenience store today that was open as an essential service as a convenience store, then I drove past a fruit and vegetable store and it was closed as it's not an essential service.

Anyhow, at least from Monday night I am allowed to go fishing at the dock and allowed to catch a fish for dinner and allowed to eat it. That you so much for that privilege government.

Last edited:
Back