Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Coronavirus

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I heard yesterday that there is one case of coronavirus in my city here, Canton. Well, Stark county.

This is a little disconcerting to me. I'm not scared of the virus (Psalm 91) but it sure will be able to slow life down if they start implementing measures to control & contain it.

Work is almost non existant so I have been mostly staying home for the most part but I do have to go out to the grocery store and so forth sometimes...
Just keep praying I guess.

Are those face masks that many have been wearing actually any help? I have some but will they stop the virus from being breathed in? ...
Dust masks won't help...might make you feel better and if you have allergies they will keep out pollen and other dust particulates...

But for viruses you need viral filtering masks that fit right. They don't look the same and are difficult to breathe through.

They look similar to the ones soldiers wear for chemical attacks and take special cans of filters.

Just wash your hands....don't breathe around coughing and sneezing people. Don't rub your face especially nose and eyes.
If you find yourself in close proximity to a person coughing and sneezing get away from them. If it's a co-worker tell the boss. They will fix it. It doesn't matter if they say, "it's just allergies or bronchitis"...get away.

Many people take blood pressure medication... specifically ace2 inhibitors. (Especially diabetics with blood pressure problems)

This doubles the intensity of the Corona Virus... making it unlike any case of flu ever thought about.

Lancet said:
we did not find any evidence to suggest that antihypertensive calcium channel blockers increased ACE2 expression or activity, therefore these could be a suitable alternative treatment in these patients.

Doctors are recommended to consider switching their patients to calcium channel blockers until 19 has abated.

What about those respirator masks? I have one of those too.

Lots of people have N95 or P100 masks around the house for protection from handyman dust, and they know how to use them from years of experience. N95 or better is the standard that medical personnel use for their own protection.

If you find yourself in close proximity to a person coughing and sneezing get away from them. If it's a co-worker tell the boss. They will fix it. It doesn't matter if they say, "it's just allergies or bronchitis"...get away.

In the USA lots of people cough in public. No mask. No attempt to cover their mouths while coughing. American culture should change. In Asia sick people wear masks in public to protect other people.

If everyone wears a mask they may as well shut down all city CCTV security cameras for a while.

Have you seen this crimial, discription, they were wearing a cap and mask.

If everyone wears a mask they may as well shut down all city CCTV security cameras for a while.

Have you seen this crimial, discription, they were wearing a cap and mask.

Yes, there are security considerations, but in a public emergency such as this...

In the USA lots of people cough in public. No mask. No attempt to cover their mouths while coughing. American culture should change. In Asia sick people wear masks in public to protect other people.

Wearing masks in Chinese culture when people are sick in China obviously does not work.

If it worked Coronavirus would have been contained in China.

Last edited:
Wearing masks in Chinese culture when people are sick in China obviously does not work.

If it worked Coronavirus would have been contained in China.

Since everybody started wearing masks (mandatory now), Wuhan is now reporting fewer than a dozen new infections per day. Meanwhile, infection is out of control in many other places.

China produces most of the world's masks. They have the industrial capacity to do so. The west doesn't have much manufacturing know-how nowadays, so there are few masks available in the west.

Lots of people have N95 or P100 masks around the house for protection from handyman dust, and they know how to use them from years of experience. N95 or better is the standard that medical personnel use for their own protection.

The first time an HVAC company sent me out to change out an old gravity furnace and knock out all the big old asbestos wrapped heat ducts, they gave me some dust masks. I'm prolly lucky I'm not dead already, lol.. I've had this one a long time and I really didn't even know what I was buying at the time. I could just see that it was better than a dust mask. I hardly ever use it but I have a Gerson half mask respirator with Organic vapor cartridges in it and te N95 pads. last replaced the filters & pads in 2004. But I think I only used these ones one time, and I did keep the filter covers and I have also always kept it in a ziplock freezer bag and put that inside a plastic bucket with a lid. These filters in mine still look bright white so even though they're 2004 I think they're still good. The cartridges are the organic vapor respirator ones with the N95 pads on those, but are they protection against viruses?

I bet I should pick up fresh filters anyway they aren't that much. But are these ones the right ones to even be effective against coronavirus? I think this virus is going to hit the earth hard. So even if I'm not really scared of it, it will still makes sense to take precautions.

Since everybody started wearing masks (mandatory now)

That's a nice human rights violation, making every person in the country wear a mask on there face against there own free choice. And they don't wear a mask CCTV will scan there face, run it through the system, and they will get a knock on the door by authorities, or maybe they just get penalized on there social credit score and lose privileges.

Last edited:
Ok I found some info on masks and filters I guess I do have a pretty good mask.

From the article:

In the United States, respirators must meet NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) standards. Within this standard, there are several classes of respirators depending on the degree of oil resistance:

• Class N: no oil resistance. A distinction is made between N95, N99 and N100. The number after the letter indicates the percentage of filtration of suspended particles.
  • Class R: mask resistant to oil for up to eight hours. Here again, a distinction is made between R95, R99 and R100.
  • Class P: a completely oil-resistant mask. There are also P95, P99 and P100.

Read the entire article at:

Ok I found some info on masks and filters I guess I do have a pretty good mask.

If you have an N95 or better, it should help protect you. As long as you wear it properly.

Surgical masks help protect others, but don't offer a lot of protection for the wearer. Better than nothing if they can't get anything else. Those who are sick should wear surgical masks, if they can find one, to protect those around them. Most masks are made in China, and they are using most of what they produce now for the emergency.

Back