Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Coronavirus

The world has gone nuts, it's near at the point if you see another human run the other way.
My son and I went to the grocery store tonight. Evidence of hoarding manifested by empty shelves. You can see the concern in shoppers eyes as they look for supplies and try to maintain social distance.

A normal correct way of thinking without being a fascist would be, if you think you are infected or have been around people who were, then you should isolate yourself.

The governments way of thinking is, we are forcing you to self isolate yourself for two weeks against your choice by law, even there is no fact you are infected or have been around any infected person, so you must self isolate yourself like a criminal on home detention even you have done nothing wrong, you cannot even sleep in the same bed as your wife, or hug your children, or go in public space, your banned.
There's a guy in Kentucky who has been placed on house arrest. He knows that he is positive for the virus. Had one of the few tests. But he refuses to stay home and is running around in public. The judge has ordered the police to stay outside his house to make sure he stays inside...or he can go to jail and be confined in solitary detention.

And now the Governor of the state has ordered bars across the state to close...we'll see if that changes things for the few bars that told the Mayor to stuff it.
Might not.
But it is fun to watch them fight.

by the way,
whats the best website for following daily rates/ statistics of coronavirus spread or reduction in worldwide/ country by country?

This is the one the scientists use. Its the most accurate.

He is only 44. What does he care if he spreads the plague and his elders get sick. He's immune.
Huh?
That's nothing to what the article said. He is sick and isolating himself. He went to Massachusetts from Tennessee and returned. Overnight trip...didn't know that there was anything to worry about in America when he did it. But that trip got him infected. He has been responsible and respectable the whole time with his character.

Calling other people's concern for their elders "irrational panic" is not reasonable. People have good reason to be concerned for their elders. One visit to their grandfather in a nursing home can devastate the place. People should be told to be careful. Stay away from the elderly if they have a cough or fever, until enough tests are available to know who has what. This is not irrational panic. Its consideration for others.

I applaud him for self quarantine to protect others. He should also tell people how he got infected, and how they can protect themselves.

Calling other people's concern for their elders "irrational panic" is not reasonable. People have good reason to be concerned for their elders. One visit to their grandfather in a nursing home can devastate the place. People should be told to be careful. Stay away from the elderly if they have a cough or fever, until enough tests are available to know who has what. This is not irrational panic. Its consideration for others.

I applaud him for self quarantine to protect others. He should also tell people how he got infected, and how they can protect themselves.
Drinking bleach is irrational panic. People trying to get him to take medicine that is unproven when facing an unknown reaction to a virus is irrational panic.
Concern for elders is a rational concern. But he is facing irrational panic... like some on this very website.

The USA should have immediately closed its border in November, and tested every single person at the airports and ports. It was ridiculous to let travelers bring this plague to the states.
The virus wasn't even identified until December and if we close our borders every time someone gets sick overseas, we would adopt a closed border society.

People have become irrational as a whole.
The panic buying and hoarding...

No one wants to get sick. I can attest to that myself with having the flu twice this season.
But...I can be sick again if God allows it.
I probably will get sick... possibly seriously so.
If it kills me...so what?. God is in control. I'll go to Heaven.

What I hate is how people become so self focused and concerned. It's all about them and their wellness...and at the same time not buy a bit of soap to go with all those disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer.

When charitable organizations have to focus on feeding school children because parents won't when schools close. That's irrational but reality.

Peanut butter and jelly and bread? Was my lunch most days. What's the problem with using food stamps to buy those things?

Bars refusing to close?
Ok... people have jobs and need to pay the rent and buy groceries. I get it. Musicians have to play to make ends meet too. And these days it takes crowds to pay for the band.

Gas stations make money off of the stuff inside the store attached... when people don't go to work those businesses die... restaurants close up or cut tables. Catering industry is in shambles. Wait till the airplanes stop flying... travel will get really expensive. My Father in law makes jet engines...I see a real reduction in people needing new ones.

Communities need to be the church out there.

I mean heaven forbid that someone helps out a quarantined family by getting them some supplies, get well cards, or even some of that toilet paper they got stashed.

It's New Zealand...I have no idea about your Constitution or politics or freedoms.

Here in Nashville TN USA our Mayor asked/demanded that a section of town's bars close for a few weeks...they told him to stuff it. They aren't going to close.

But soon our President may shut down areas just like China or Italy did.
Nashville may be one of those areas.
I won't be able to go to work if that happens.

We might get quarantined from going to the store and getting groceries. Military and police will fill the streets. Martial Law be in effect.

It's not definite yet...
But it's a possibility.

Wow, I hope that doesn't happen in Ohio. :eek2

Back