Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Coronavirus

It already has.

I don't think to that extravagance, and can you please do me a favor? I understand that whatever happens is part of God's plan, but the fact that you talk about hypothetical situations that involves you getting sick and dying so much sort of upsets me,.. a lot actually.

Yeah I already know about all of that, but as of right now I don't think it involves grocery stores closing or the military.
Right...
But closing restaurants is kinda extreme here.
So many people are used to dining out every day...(I'm not one of them but I do know many people who do)

But cheer up...
Looking at the numbers for America...we rock!
Only a dozen in the hospital for 4,000 cases. Sure we've had some deaths but they were rather sick to start with in the nursing home.

So...we got a great chance of just drinking a bunch of hot tea, OJ, and Gatorade and laying about watching YouTube and Netflix.
I got a two month couch fund for that...

So long as I can get some toilet paper. LOL

So long as I can get some toilet paper. LOL

*Sigh* You know there's always something that you can use when it comes to that right? Lol! Anyways, it's the ones that don't know how to cook and go to the store every day to shop that I'm worried about. I stock up by doing my shopping for the month so that's how I'm covered.

The USA should have immediately closed its border in November, and tested every single person at the airports and ports. It was ridiculous to let travelers bring this plague to the states.

Yes, but can Trump completly close the boarders on his own authority if he wanted?.

Last time Trump wanted to close the boarders until he knew what was going on and everyone must enter legally and go through security he was called a racist and blocked.

Last edited:
Yes, but can Trump completly close the boarders on his own authority if he wanted?.

Last time Trump wanted to close the boarders until he knew what was going on and everyone must enter legally and go through security he was called a racist.
Consistency has never been an element of politics... which is why we don't do them on this forum.

Consistency has never been an element of politics... which is why we don't do them on this forum.

I was not trying to be political it just just a general genuine reply to Michaels question.

Can a USA President close the boarders immediately if they wanted at there own authority? or does it take a longer process?.

America has a "doc in a box" at almost every drug store and half of the grocery stores. Then there are others besides that.

This is the reason why America has a low critical case number and will continue to do so.
Pepto Bismal isn't a prescription drug here...nor is pseudoephedrine...nor is many other decongestants. Flonase is over the counter too.

With the isolations and the readily available medicine we won't see near the problems most other countries do. We won't ration health care...we simply won't need it. Most antibiotics are free at most pharmacies. (Do need a prescription) steroid inhalers are kinda pricey but still affordable.
We will be fine even if we're going through this by Fall and Winter.

I was not trying to be political it just just a general genuine reply to Michaels question.

Can a USA President close the boarders immediately if they wanted at there own authority? or does it take a longer process?.
He can and has...to all except US citizens and proclaimed kids. (Usually kids in process of adoption or US citizenship)

Goldman Sachs briefed their people that 150 million Americans will eventually be infected. 5% will be critical (7.5 million people), weighted toward the elderly.

The CDC says docs can now use surgical masks to protect themselves from 19, because of the N95 shortage. Not as good, but they help a bit.

Canada closes its border.

Its getting real out there.

America has a "doc in a box" at almost every drug store and half of the grocery stores. Then there are others besides that.

This is the reason why America has a low critical case number and will continue to do so.
Pepto Bismal isn't a prescription drug here...nor is pseudoephedrine...nor is many other decongestants. Flonase is over the counter too.

With the isolations and the readily available medicine we won't see near the problems most other countries do. We won't ration health care...we simply won't need it. Most antibiotics are free at most pharmacies. (Do need a prescription) steroid inhalers are kinda pricey but still affordable.
We will be fine even if we're going through this by Fall and Winter.
Albuterol,without insurance over 100 bucks .

Goldman Sachs briefed their people that 150 million Americans will eventually be infected. 5% will be critical (7.5 million people), weighted toward the elderly.

The CDC says docs can now use surgical masks to protect themselves from 19, because of the N95 shortage. Not as good, but they help a bit.

Canada closes its border.

Its getting real out there.

From what I've heard the elderly are the only ones who really are at risk as more people die from the Flu than the Coronavirus. Unfortunately, my prayers might not have been answered (at least not yet) since there's a possibility that this could continue throughout the summer. :sad

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/16/tru...crisis-could-stretch-into-july-or-august.html

From what I've heard the elderly are the only ones who really are at risk as more people die from the Flu than the Coronavirus. Unfortunately, my prayers might not have been answered (at least not yet) since there's a possibility that this could continue throughout the summer. :sad

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/16/tru...crisis-could-stretch-into-july-or-august.html
If the virus follows history, there will be a second wave this coming fall much greater than the first wave. A false subsidence will take place in between over the summer. Let's pray this virus doesn't follow history and that it actually sputters out soon.

China should have closed it's boarder immediately in Novemeber instead of silencing reporters, and critics who disappeared.

What did China do to prevent the spread of Covid19 within it's boarder?. I mean they silenced reporters and critics.

If your sick you don't cough on other people.

Last edited:
Covid19 is the next strain of SARS.
Yes...SARS and MERS were both corona viruses...
This is another variant of a class of virus.

Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome and SARS are different... different severity and spread rates and death rates.
We stuffed these because of early detection and isolation. SARS got stopped by the time it reached Israel as they eradicated their entire poultry and egg production. Eggs and chickens were really expensive that year...

This one isn't crossing over into animals the same way as SARS...

We need a few more viruses like these and we can start to create a vaccine to stop all Corona Virus.
Then what?

In the meantime I miss the days of finding potatoes and toilet paper in the grocery store.

China should have closed it's boarder immediately in Novemeber instead of silencing reporters, and critics who disappeared.

What did China do to prevent the spread of Covid19 within it's boarder?. I mean they silenced reporters and critics.

If your sick you don't cough on other people.

I agree, and it should be common sense, but in China's defense, I don't think that they planned all of this as they didn't know how bad it was going to be, and how far and fast that it was going to spread.

I agree, and it should be common sense, but in China's defense, I don't think that they planned all of this as they didn't know how bad it was going to be, and how far and fast that it was going to spread.

Because China silences reporters and critics. I would not defend that. The establishment and it's dictator thinks it knows best.

Back