Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Coronavirus

Promising treatments are being developed in other countries.
A vaccine can be helpful in the future but not likely to be fully developed and implemented for at least a year or more. If they can develop effective treatments to help those who become ill in the mean time, that is even better.

What's interesting is that once this happens and things get under some control, Covid-19 will be just an infant compared to the flu. The flu kills 75% of victims over 65 and 16% of those from 50-65. Although it maybe a bit early in the process, current stats indicate Covid-19 will kill potentially about 14% of victims over 65 and considerably fewer below that. Remember, the flu is spread by the same means as Covid-19 and infects up to 20% of the population every year and we already have vaccines and treatment options for the flu. Imagine what it would be like if we didn't.

The government is testing it's power. The gathering of 500 or more people should be banned?, No way no how, everyone has the right to peaceful protest and rally.

Just so happens the elections are this year here, oh and in the USA. What a coincidence.

Last edited:
The government is testing it's power. The gathering of 500 or more people should be banned?, No way no how, everyone has the right to peaceful protest and rally.

Just so happens the elections are this year here, oh and in the USA. What a coincidence.

Welcome to the boring life of empty grocery stores and no where to go and nothing to do.

Welcome to the boring life of empty grocery stores and no where to go and nothing to do.

It's just a bit fascist. Picture a small 1000 people peacefully protesting and the government starts arresting everyone for breaking the law. The right to peaceful assembly banned.

Last edited:
It's just a bit fascist. Picture a small 1000 people peacefully protesting and the government starts arresting everyone for breaking the law. The right to peaceful assembly banned.
Panic buying coming to a market near you...
And good luck finding 1,000 to get together to protest...they wouldn't be panic buying all the groceries if they were all that confident about not catching Covid-19

Panic buying coming to a market near you...
And good luck finding 1,000 to get together to protest...they wouldn't be panic buying all the groceries if they were all that confident about not catching Covid-19

I'm not talking about Corona, that's just the excuse. Or empty shelves, Im not worried about food.

I'm talking about the right people have in general to peaceful assembly and gathering.

Last edited:
Seems to me that the best off financially are the ones on aged and disability pensions . the rest of us cling to some government mercy.
"hey. PM can you put me on a pension too? "

Seems to me that the best off financially are the ones on aged and disability pensions . the rest of us cling to some government mercy.
"hey. PM can you put me on a pension too? "
cant see a doctor if you need to, if your doctor office is closed, so far we aren't there and likely wont be, but if it were to get that bad. they will have to prioritize (triage).

also food and so forth, I don't get the panic. its worse then gas before and after a hurricane and that gets stupid, 55 gallon drums of gas filled. you wont use that in a week. gas stations on evac routes have per law back generators.

Age Pensions are not much, especially for those who rely on it and don't have much else, especially if they paying rent. For the wealthy who still get there age pension regardless it's just a bonus that fills there fridge with beef and lamb each week.

All it comes down to is everyone as individuals should to do there part not to spread by staying hygenic and not going out if sick and so on, just common sense, but of course that's never going to work because some people don't have common sense and it's always a few that ruin it for everyone.

So of course the government everyone relies on will start telling everyone as a whole what they can and cannot do and if you do not obey the rules you are in trouble. Lol. That's what mommy and daddy said.

Last edited:
Here's some information I found from the CDC in response to a Facebook friend that was criticizing Trump for disbanding the pandemic team in 2018. While it may have been a poor decision, there are times when society's reaction to events would preclude this kind of move. For example, a few years ago some time after the major earthquake that triggered a tsunami that devastated Sumatra and Indonesia, there was another powerful quake near Chile. The national weather service issued a tsunami warning for Hawaii and when it didn't happen, they were criticized and ridiculed for it. We will never know if what we are doing now really has or had any effect on the spread of COVID-19 but check out my response to his criticism.

I suspect you're talking about when Trump's administration disbanded the pandemic team. Can chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Despite that, it seems that the US is handling it quite well compared to many other countries. As a measure of percent of population infected, the US so far is doing better than China, Italy, Iran, Spain, Germany, France, S. Korea, Switzerland, UK, Netherlands, Austria, Norway, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, Portugal, Czechia, Qatar, Israel, Greece, Ireland, Finland, Singapore, Slovenia, Estonia, Bahrain, Iceland, Luxembourg, Kuwait, San Marino, Armenia, Latvia, Brunei, Faeroe Islands, Andorra, Malta, Liechtenstein, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Macao, French Guiana, Monaco, Gibraltar, Guam, Channel Islands, Seychelles, Aruba, St. Barth, Saint Martin, Greenland, Vaticam City, and Montserrat.

All it comes down to is everyone as individuals should to do there part not to spread by staying hygenic and not going out if sick and so on, just common sense, but of course that's never going to work because some people don't have common sense.

So of course the government everyone relies on will start telling everyone as a whole want they can and cannot do and if you do not obey the law you are in trouble. Lol. That's what mommy and daddy said.
Yes, to coin a phrase from one of my high school teachers, "Common sense is not so common." Since we can't trust the general public to use common sense, we have to be led around on a leash by our government.

9c514b576a4e1c06c86e4a79606407599ed295e7.jpeg

I was off early and took my dslr to work , this was open and had its chairs out. I nearly took a photo , since I was in work uniform and I work next door I choose not too

I don't care how many times that was renovated, I can still see the gas station that it was. the bathroom doors are still there but accessed from the inside. the colored bathroom is visible. it was a standard oil. I will add a photo or two of other places in the lets talk about thread

Here's some information I found from the CDC in response to a Facebook friend that was criticizing Trump for disbanding the pandemic team in 2018. While it may have been a poor decision, there are times when society's reaction to events would preclude this kind of move. For example, a few years ago some time after the major earthquake that triggered a tsunami that devastated Sumatra and Indonesia, there was another powerful quake near Chile. The national weather service issued a tsunami warning for Hawaii and when it didn't happen, they were criticized and ridiculed for it. We will never know if what we are doing now really has or had any effect on the spread of COVID-19 but check out my response to his criticism.

I suspect you're talking about when Trump's administration disbanded the pandemic team. Can chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Despite that, it seems that the US is handling it quite well compared to many other countries. As a measure of percent of population infected, the US so far is doing better than China, Italy, Iran, Spain, Germany, France, S. Korea, Switzerland, UK, Netherlands, Austria, Norway, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, Portugal, Czechia, Qatar, Israel, Greece, Ireland, Finland, Singapore, Slovenia, Estonia, Bahrain, Iceland, Luxembourg, Kuwait, San Marino, Armenia, Latvia, Brunei, Faeroe Islands, Andorra, Malta, Liechtenstein, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Macao, French Guiana, Monaco, Gibraltar, Guam, Channel Islands, Seychelles, Aruba, St. Barth, Saint Martin, Greenland, Vaticam City, and Montserrat.

But you don't want to cry wolf, like that false tsunami alarm, because next time people might not take it seriously.

It's a hard situation because they have to do it just to be 100% safe even the smallest possible chance because otherwise if it did happen and the alarm did not sound they get blammed, then again multiple times sounding and does not happen people won't take it as serious from all those times, and then one time they all doomed should have taken it serious.

It's a messed up situation.

A vaccine can be helpful in the future but not likely to be fully developed and implemented for at least a year or more. If they can develop effective treatments to help those who become ill in the mean time, that is even better.

What's interesting is that once this happens and things get under some control, Covid-19 will be just an infant compared to the flu. The flu kills 75% of victims over 65 and 16% of those from 50-65. Although it maybe a bit early in the process, current stats indicate Covid-19 will kill potentially about 14% of victims over 65 and considerably fewer below that. Remember, the flu is spread by the same means as Covid-19 and infects up to 20% of the population every year and we already have vaccines and treatment options for the flu. Imagine what it would be like if we didn't.
I have to make a correction. It turns out that I misinterpreted the data from the CDC, thanks to my neighbor calling me out. The death rates I posted above were not correct. What the data does say is that of those that die from the flu, 75% will be over 65 and 16% will be between 50-64. Sorry about the error.

The flu is still a very significant adversary. In the same data it indicates that it is estimated that 35.5 million people were infected with the flu in the 2018-2019 season in the US with 490,600 hospitalized and 34,200 dying from it. Therefore, of those that died, over 90% of them were over the age of 50.

The fakestream media feeds on negative so of course they going to go nuts on corona. Who knows what else is going on in the world, surely a few major things have happened.

Back