Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Coronavirus

The rumor mill is working overtime.

They said they had turned Vanderbilt garage into a hospital Ward and showed a picture of beds and partitions...

Big problem I seen was that it was faked. I installed the lights in that garage. I am intimately knowledgeable about that garage...

They showed a drop ceiling with lights....
And where that's possible...it wasn't correct.
The ribs supporting the above floors would prevent the height the ceiling was at... even laminating the ceiling tiles to the ribs...the lights and power wouldn't fit. Then there's the whole permits thing... gotta have one...and the construction crew to make it happen.
Labor is so tight there's no way it could happen.

Told my wife it's faked or mis-stated...but whatever people want to believe. We got two in the hospital and one death from Corona in the state.

Then there's a host of isolation wards... plenty more that aren't but readily available for conversion to isolation for infectious diseases.
No need to set up in the garage.

Yes, and a vaccine eliminated it. We need a vaccine for 19. A Manhattan project type research should be initiated.
No, its still,a concern ,I,m too,young,to have the scar and if you,deploy,to,a third world nation ,you get the scar,I had no,reaction as they use chicken pox ,not actual small pox ,I'm a soldier and not a medic and what do I know about varicella.I,had chicken pox.of course I won't,scab up.

Still waiting to hear from anyone who might actually have it or know somebody with it here in America.
My work has two reported cases from our campus... That's about as close as I can get right now.
I've been working from home all week. Went outside to clear tree branches for an hour last Monday... Took garbage to the curb Thursday. That's the extent of going anywhere for me.
However... I may be heading somewhere in about 10 minutes if they are open. I have my mask, gloves and hand sanitizer all ready lol!

Seriously, Michigan is in pretty good shape overall. Our governor shut things down early and having water all around us kind of creates a natural barrier. So far, all the cases are in the Detroit metro area.

Today we will cross over 200,000 active cases in the world.

Everyone is predicting millions of infections...

Getting ready for millions...

But if the isolating of everyone slows it down so drastically...when is this going to end?

Sure, we will delay getting sick and a bunch of old people (like me and my parents) will live...but my question is how long can we afford to do this?

Just thinking out loud....

An economy the size of America's is not something that moves quickly. It crashes in slow motion and booms in slow motion. Sectors can crash quickly...like dine in restaurants, movie theaters, concerts, catering events, and etc...
But the others are affected by one sector crashing and pull them down.

Italy's economy is gone...tourism to there and Spain is over.
These will destroy the European Union which was already reeling over Greece falling.
The Euro won't be worth the paper its printed on.

Fiat currencies fail...and don't end well when they do. Russia has been through three of them.

Today we will cross over 200,000 active cases in the world.

Everyone is predicting millions of infections...

Getting ready for millions...

But if the isolating of everyone slows it down so drastically...when is this going to end?

Sure, we will delay getting sick and a bunch of old people (like me and my parents) will live...but my question is how long can we afford to do this?

Just thinking out loud....

An economy the size of America's is not something that moves quickly. It crashes in slow motion and booms in slow motion. Sectors can crash quickly...like dine in restaurants, movie theaters, concerts, catering events, and etc...
But the others are affected by one sector crashing and pull them down.

Italy's economy is gone...tourism to there and Spain is over.
These will destroy the European Union which was already reeling over Greece falling.
The Euro won't be worth the paper its printed on.

Fiat currencies fail...and don't end well when they do. Russia has been through three of them.
We have a fiat currency

We have a fiat currency
Yes we do...and a major portion of the world uses it as the commodity to base their currency off of.

England doesn't...they used to be a part of the EU....but before British Pound Sterling was a standard currency . I'm not sure if they have returned to that or not...they should before it's too late. I guarantee you that the German Mark is definitely looking at it...them and Austria both.

But many countries use the dollar to back up their currency...from Aussie to Greenland to Brazil and Mexico. And despite their attitude in accepting it, even Israel uses the Dollar to uphold their Shekel.

Oh and looks like Ohio has reached its second death. :sad It's very sad, don't get me wrong,.. but from the way they're carrying on about it it looks like the whole entire state is headed for disaster or something. :rolleyes

Ah well,.. might as well humor them. Everyone, it has been a privilege chatting with you guys today. *Starts playing the violin*

Last edited:
Oh and btw, I'm not really making fun of the Titanic or Coronavirus for the record,.. I'm making fun of how much that last article was totally overreacting when that guy started talking about walking through the shadow of the valley of death when only two people have died so far lol,.. still my thoughts and prayers go towards their friends and family members. :pray

There are a few cases close to home. A little worried at the moment, but we are trying to stay home as much as we can for now. There are just times we gotta go out or rather have my husband run a quick errand.

Toilet paper is still flying off of store shelves, though.

Hey, just for the record everybody here knows that I wasn't laughing at the two guys that died right? I was laughing at how paranoid the world has seemed to become. :rolleyes

Back