Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Coronavirus

What if ... ..this really is the end of the world?
sorry wrong thread
We have been watching all kinds of pandemic movies... like world war z (Brad Pitt) and outbreak with Dustin Hoffman...fun stuff...we aren't anywhere near that sort of thing.

It's just a major annoyance here in the US...in Italy and other locations...a bit different. It is more like those movies. Police and military everywhere, overflowing hospitals, and extreme isolation because almost a thousand people a day are dying. In some places like Iran they probably are dying at that rate.

BTW they had the nerve to ask us to drop the sanctions...they know good and well the sanctions are because of their nuclear weapons program...they shut them down for real and then they can have the sanctions removed. But instead of buying medical equipment they have spent billions of dollars worth of nuclear weapons tech and materials...
If they don't get a grip they are going to have no one to rule over.

I been self isolating so been doing more fishing. I'm kind of over big amberjacks now so been targeting snapper, I never fish for snapper but been getting a few nice ones using my same amberjack set up but with a small ball sinker so it hits the bottom. I just make sushimi with it. Thin slices raw in some soy sauce, a squeeze of lemon, and wasabi.

Good way to self isolate, go fishing.

I bet the low life sharks are circling. Waiting to take advantage of those hurting. Then sell later when prices go back up.
Real estate value is already reduced here.

I was wondering why Saudi banned and then reopened the roads to Medinas mosque.

According to Mohammad in Islams most trusted sources there are angels on the road to Medina and no plague can enter.

Accorodng to Mohammad if every infected person went to Medina then they should be instantly healed as no disease can enter. That's a better option than the whole world travelling to and packing into Medina.

Greatest false prophet ever.

Still waiting to hear from anyone who might actually have it or know somebody with it here in America.
I just found out today that my neighbor's son-in-law is infected and having serious symptoms like difficulty breathing. They called 911 and an EMT and ER doctor came to visit to determine if it is best for him stay put or if he needed to go to the hospital. For the time being he is remaining at home unless things get worse. I do not know where they live but I understand they traveled abroad quite a bit as they are photographers.

I just found out today that my neighbor's son-in-law is infected and having serious symptoms like difficulty breathing. They called 911 and an EMT and ER doctor came to visit to determine if it is best for him stay put or if he needed to go to the hospital. For the time being he is remaining at home unless things get worse. I do not know where they live but I understand they traveled abroad quite a bit as they are photographers.

So everyone he has been in close contact with over the last couple weeks should go into self isolation, then again it's too late, because they have probably done the same thing and been in close contact with others. So it's not preventing anything. It's already spread if so.

Today we will cross over 200,000 active cases in the world.

Everyone is predicting millions of infections...

Getting ready for millions...

But if the isolating of everyone slows it down so drastically...when is this going to end?

Sure, we will delay getting sick and a bunch of old people (like me and my parents) will live...but my question is how long can we afford to do this?

Just thinking out loud....

An economy the size of America's is not something that moves quickly. It crashes in slow motion and booms in slow motion. Sectors can crash quickly...like dine in restaurants, movie theaters, concerts, catering events, and etc...
But the others are affected by one sector crashing and pull them down.

Italy's economy is gone...tourism to there and Spain is over.
These will destroy the European Union which was already reeling over Greece falling.
The Euro won't be worth the paper its printed on.

Fiat currencies fail...and don't end well when they do. Russia has been through three of them.
Locking out all business is not the best for the economy, especially when there could be ways around the concern. My wife's uncle and cousin are farmers in Illinois which was locked down yesterday. He said they are not allowed to pick up their corn seed that they have ordered for this year's planting. If they are unable to plant their crops, they will not be able to feed their cattle and that can mean trouble. There is an easy work around. They don't even have to get out of their vehicle to pick up the seed. It is loaded with a forklift so the driver of the lift can load it without even talking to them and even if they did, they could easily keep their distance. Governments need to think things through a little more to help reduce the chance of a complete economic meltdown. A severe depression could potentially cost more lives than the virus.

The panic creates more trouble than the virus itself.
Denial can create more problems too. Like those spring breakers in Florida. Imagine if there were infected ones partying how many people they may have passed it to and everyone they passed it to passed it to someone else and more after they got home. We may not know for another week or two.

Locking out all business is not the best for the economy, especially when there could be ways around the concern. My wife's uncle and cousin are farmers in Illinois which was locked down yesterday. He said they are not allowed to pick up their corn seed that they have ordered for this year's planting. If they are unable to plant their crops, they will not be able to feed their cattle and that can mean trouble. There is an easy work around. They don't even have to get out of their vehicle to pick up the seed. It is loaded with a forklift so the driver of the lift can load it without even talking to them and even if they did, they could easily keep their distance. Governments need to think things through a little more to help reduce the chance of a complete economic meltdown. A severe depression could potentially cost more lives than the virus.
Farming is essential services... like construction, Electric company, water, police, and medical...

They can pick up their seed.

Here's an article about it...

Denial can create more problems too. Like those spring breakers in Florida. Imagine if there were infected ones partying how many people they may have passed it to and everyone they passed it to passed it to someone else and more after they got home. We may not know for another week or two.
Until recently ,beaches in my,county we're open.I,read the marina/spires route,where I,walk near the beach and I can hear waves crashing,it wasn't much out the ordinary ,people running ,biking,buying,eating on ocean drive

Back