Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Coronavirus

Ok
I now know personally people who have this virus. Tested positive and everything.

They went to a school auction. They didn't touch doors, bid, buy or anything to contract other than breathe the air. There was one person there who had it and didn't know it.
That was last Monday night. Tuesday the school was informed By Wednesday the couple tested positive...even the couple's mother who watched the kids while at the auction and left after they got home caught it.
Mild cases for everyone.

This virus is very very contagious.

One strange side effect is that your sense of smell and taste goes away while affected by this...they come back but only when we'll again.

They also said that 3 times the number tested are most likely infectious. They deliberately are not testing.

Some health officials think it is millions infected, like Dr Amy Acton of Ohio. They want to test, but they don't have any supplies like reagents or specialized nasal swabs. The USA is not able to ramp production of them for some reason.

Service economies can't seem to manufacture stuff if needed.

They didn't touch doors, bid, buy or anything to contract other than breathe the air.

Yes, its airborne and highly contagious. China made everyone wear a face mask, and now they don't have any more new domestic infections. Face masks work. Once again, the USA is not able to ramp production of them, so they are saving all face masks for emergency personnel. They tell the general public to stay 6 feet apart so they don't breathe on each other. Good luck doing that in a supermarket checkout line.

They also said that 3 times the number tested are most likely infectious. They deliberately are not testing.
I find it concerning when Trump brings up the promising chloroquine/zpack treatments, but the press and other non-elected officials attack him for this while denying there is any treatment outside the US available or effective........deliberate denial of adequate medical care in America??????

Maybe this is the end of neoliberal style capitalism?
Not quite...
Serious cases don't have rhyme or reason to them...in some cases they do... others are a mystery of why their bodies are reacting in such a fashion. Some are so mild you don't know that you have it...which makes you spread it around.

...chloroquine...

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are now in shortage. It doesn't matter if they work, if the USA can't produce them. We need to bring manufacturing back to the USA. Bank and lobby central planning isn't working. When the USA had free market capitalism, it produced half of the world's GDP all by itself. An honest dollar is the first step.

They are used to good effect in Korea. If we could just manufacture them.

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are now in shortage. It doesn't matter if they work, if the USA can't produce them. We need to bring manufacturing back to the USA. Bank and lobby central planning isn't working. When the USA had free market capitalism, it produced half of the world's GDP all by itself. An honest dollar is the first step.

They are used to good effect in Korea. If we could just manufacture them.
So maybe the president needs to invoke war powers act and ramp up production of this......greed-centric economy not working .......

Yes, its airborne and highly contagious. China made everyone wear a face mask, and now they don't have any more new domestic infections. Face masks work. Once again, the USA is not able to ramp production of them, so they are saving all face masks for emergency personnel. They tell the general public to stay 6 feet apart so they don't breathe on each other. Good luck doing that in a supermarket checkout line.
The Chinese govt wouldn't lie,now would they ,they don't love criticism and have freedom,of speech.

Wasn't it them that said the virus was not contagious ?

So maybe the president needs to invoke war powers act and ramp up production of this......greed-centric economy not working .......
War powers ,once their ,well good luck having freedom of anything.

You can't expect any group to be,that well prepared as a former member said we assume ,govt,and science can prevent stop,cure pandemics .

I'm not suggesting doing nothing but that has a blood lust for control and its been wetter,freedom of movement,privacy curtailed .

Technically, current research does not support the airborne mode. To be considered airborne it would require it to remain suspended in the air for a specific minimal period of time. Measles, for example, is considered an airborne contagion, because it can remain held in suspension in a room for up to two hours after someone sneezes or coughs. So far, air testing in hospitals with infected persons does not show this virus to be transmitted in this way. Here's a link that explains this.

The reason masks can be helpful is not because they filter the virus itself but becasue they filter the moisture droplets that might be carrying the virus. Secondly, because with a mask on, we are less likely to touch our mouth or nose with our hands, which could be carrying the virus if we touched an infected surface.

Last edited:
I did yesterday throughout the time I was shopping and while standing in the checkout line. I made it a point to face away from from the cashier and breathing through my nose so my exhales weren't broadcast outwardly but rather downward, especially when I talked to her.
I know that you probably didn't shake hands with the checkout lady or anyone else in line...

But I'm telling you that it's more contagious than that...just breathing the air is enough to get you infected.
My friends who got infected didn't shake hands with anyone, didn't talk to anyone, didn't touch anything and yet got infected.

Apparently breathing out puts out virons...

Just saying...

I know that you probably didn't shake hands with the checkout lady or anyone else in line...

But I'm telling you that it's more contagious than that...just breathing the air is enough to get you infected.
My friends who got infected didn't shake hands with anyone, didn't talk to anyone, didn't touch anything and yet got infected.

Apparently breathing out puts out virons...

Just saying...
They didn't touch anything for two weeks? They may think they didn't but there's a good chance they did. We can pick it up by touching infected surfaces and we touch a lot of things without knowing it. When we fill up with gas, we handle the gasoline dispenser. We might grab the door handle when we go inside or exit. We might pick up items off a shelf. Any of these things could have been touched by an infected person previously and then we pick it up. When I had to sign the credit card reader, I had to use the electronic pen. I wasn't unable to wash my hand before leaving so I tried to consciously make it a point to not touch myself on my way home and then I washed my hands immediately upon arrival. I just hope I didn't touch my mouth, eyes, or nose on my way home without thinking.

I did yesterday throughout the time I was shopping and while standing in the checkout line. I made it a point to face away from from the cashier and breathing through my nose so my exhales weren't broadcast outwardly but rather downward, especially when I talked to her.

As an experiment I put on my elaborate P100 handyman mask and went to buy frozen food. Surprisingly, people didn't give it a 2nd glance. On my way out the store a police officer good naturedly told me if that doesn't stop it, nothing will. I got a chuckle out of it.

A couple of people had masks on. One senior citizen had a surgical mask. Another man had something flimsy by his chin, but not on his mouth. No one gave them a 2nd glance either. Americans seem to be very tolerant of masks during this crisis.

Back