Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Coronavirus

Also, if you read the link I provided in that post above, you'll see that research shows the virus is contained in moisture droplets and when we talk, cough, or sneeze those droplets fall to the floor rather quickly. If it was truly airborne like measles, it would spread even faster than it already does.

And where TN claims over 500 cases...the true number is at least two to four times that number.

And for the medical staff...
MRSA is making them super sick with this virus.

WIP
Wearing disposable gloves when pumping gas is of extreme value.

And for these friends the symptoms showed up in 24 hrs for Grandma, 48-72 hrs for everyone else.

As an experiment I put on my elaborate P100 handyman mask and went to buy frozen food. Surprisingly, people didn't give it a 2nd glance. On my way out the store a police officer good naturedly told me if that didn't stop it, nothing would. I got a chuckle out of it.

A couple of people had masks on. One senior citizens had a surgical mask. Another man had something flimsy by his chin, but not on his mouth. No one gave them a 2nd glance either. Americans seem to be very tolerant of masks during this crisis.
I've seen people wear masks before. Particularly elderly folks and usually outside in winter. I just expected that the mask helped pre-warm the air when they breath and that was easier for them. I even saw some wearing them while I was shopping. Didn't really give it much thought otherwise so I don't think mask wearing is going to necessarily draw a lot of attention.

And where TN claims over 500 cases...the true number is at least two to four times that number.

And for the medical staff...
MRSA is making them super sick with this virus.

WIP
Wearing disposable gloves when pumping gas is of extreme value.

And for these friends the symptoms showed up in 24 hrs for Grandma, 48-72 hrs for everyone else.
How do you know the time frame between picking up the infection and having symptoms unless they are tested daily?

The reason masks can be helpful is not because they filter the virus itself but becasue they filter the moisture droplets that might be carrying the virus. Secondly, because with a mask on, we are less likely to touch our mouth or nose with our hands, which could be carrying the virus if we touched an infected surface.

I'm happy just to keep contaminated moisture out.

I know that you probably didn't shake hands with the checkout lady or anyone else in line...

But I'm telling you that it's more contagious than that...just breathing the air is enough to get you infected.
My friends who got infected didn't shake hands with anyone, didn't talk to anyone, didn't touch anything and yet got infected.

Apparently breathing out puts out virons...

Just saying...

Sounds believable, but I actually didn't really even stop to think that the air you breathe can be disastrous if you're near somebody who is sick. Then again, I'm not going to go around all day wearing a mask when I'm not sick myself.

Sounds believable, but I actually didn't really even stop to think that the air you breathe can be disastrous if you're near somebody who is sick. Then again, I'm not going to go around all day wearing a mask when I'm not sick myself.
If you know you are in the vicinity of someone that is infected, then wearing a mask would be a very good idea, especially if they are coughing or sneezing.

We have no confirmed cases in our county yet but one thing that concerns me a little is that it does not seem that my wife is taking it seriously. She works at a convenience store in town. Our town is only about 1500 people but they have been keeping rather busy so they have people going in and out of the place fairly regularly. I asked her if they have been taking any extra precautions and she said they have not.

Similar story yesterday when I stopped at a Holiday gas station to fuel up. All the pump bays were full except the one I found to use.

WHO doesn't say a lot about it. They say "in some circumstances" which was also stated in the link I provided. The general understanding is still that it is primarily carried by moisture droplets and is not held in suspension in the air for very long.

Okay. Wear masks while close to people in the checkout line. Keep out those contaminated droplets.

Don't touch your face until you wash your hands.

How would you handle it if you find out your spouse has become infected? Would you avoid contact?

If you know you are in the vicinity of someone that is infected, then wearing a mask would be a very good idea, especially if they are coughing or sneezing.

That too,.. or just staying away from them altogether would also work wouldn't it?

Here's some more that I found here. It would appear that as we go forward we will be learning more and more about this.

How long can the coronavirus stay airborne? I have read different estimates.

A study done by National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases' Laboratory of Virology in the Division of Intramural Research in Hamilton, Montana helps to answer this question. The researchers used a nebulizer to blow coronaviruses into the air. They found that infectious viruses could remain in the air for up to three hours. The results of the study were published in the New England Journal of Medicine on March 17, 2020.

Back