Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Coronavirus

This coronavirus...
We probably all will get it eventually.
Just a matter of time.
But as we slow it's advance we stand a better chance of surviving the virus.
We might have very few symptoms...
We might get very sick.

But slowing it down gives us all a chance at some healthcare that will allow us to survive it. The longer we can wait to catch it the better. Might even get a cure...

Your Atlantic Article-"To achieve this, we need to test many, many people, even those without symptoms. Testing will allow us to isolate the infected so they can’t infect others."

Absolutely. We need tests to defeat this thing. Build hundreds of millions of tests so we can find out who is infected and quarantine them. Test everybody. Absolutely everybody.

Defeat this enemy so the country can get back to work.

This coronavirus...
We probably all will get it eventually.
Just a matter of time.
But as we slow it's advance we stand a better chance of surviving the virus.
We might have very few symptoms...
We might get very sick.

But slowing it down gives us all a chance at some healthcare that will allow us to survive it. The longer we can wait to catch it the better. Might even get a cure...

Not me, I don't plan on getting it. Whether or not that actually happens only the good Lord knows and time will tell. However, I never had any other serious health problems so my chances look pretty darn good. :)

War powers ,once their ,well good luck having freedom of anything.

You can't expect any group to be,that well prepared as a former member said we assume ,govt,and science can prevent stop,cure pandemics .
DOJ seeking emergency powers to arrest/detain indefinitely w/o charges. Gett'n scary.

What a complete joke. These insane politicians are shutting the whole country down.

I might not have a job in a couple days, just finding out if we can still harvest.

What am I suppose to do. Lol. No money and no job. Lol. Insane country.

Anyhow, I'm not stressing.

Its true that people develop antibodies to fight it, but that is not the primary reason for China's good numbers. Quarantine and mask wearing combined to prevent infection spreading. The sick eventually got well, and were no longer contagious. Without quarantine and masks, it would likely still be raging until 60% to 80% or so of he population had become infected and recovered. Herd immunity would then have prevented widespread transmission.

Again true, but the time frame is many months, maybe years for that to happen. Without quarantine and masks, the emergency rooms fill beyond capacity, and sick people can't be cared for. Italy is in this situation now. Its a horror show over there. Potentially millions could get zapped by letting it infect a lot of people at the same time. Like the Spanish flu. Yes we have better hospital technology today, but that won't matter if hospitals are beyond capacity and people can't get in. The US has extreme shortages of hospital supplies, further limiting how many people can be cared for. About 15 to 20% of the people infected need help breathing to get through it. Oxygen concentrators through a nose tube in mild cases, and a ventilator through a trachea tube in severe cases.

A much safer approach than letting everyone catch it is to quarantine infected people until they are no longer contagious. Then develop a vaccine to safely induce herd immunity in the population. Unfortunately, the US doesn't have enough testing capacity to find the infected, or enough masks to put one on everyone. They are asking people to stay 6 feet away from each other since they have nothing else to work with.
If they bar chloroquine here, we will make italy look like a cake walk.

If I cannot work because the government said so and made me poor with no money and no job, then best the government pay my wages, and I don't want unemployment welfare amount either, I want my normal average salary.

I don't care who pays it just as long as I receive it.

If I cannot work because the government said so and made me poor with no money and no job, then best the government pay my wages, and I don't want unemployment welfare amount either, I want my normal average salary.
Usually food/medicine/HBA production is considered Essential Services...
Just saying.

Back