Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Coronavirus

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The needed antibodies for this virus is telling...it's those who have recovered from this that is really telling.
They are varied and hidden and not in great numbers. Meaning that re-infection is likely and true immunity isn't going to happen. Also that a true vaccine isn't likely to be found either without a true antibody first discovered.

Last I heard they found a group of 1,000 out of billions of antibodies that it could be.
So I expect that they will find one soon that is truly effective. Possibly already on it.

A cure is much more feasible than a vaccine for our immediate needs... because likely a vaccine is going to require three shots in sequence like the hepatitis B vaccine does. (They hurt too)

So what we end up doing is likely going to be painful in a lot of ways and expensive.

Then other research is being done as to who and why some people get really sick and who doesn't.... meaning that some will eventually need the vaccine and some won't. Some people will need the cure and some won't.

And eventually this thing will be tamed. But it's still going to take years and a lot of lives.
The NIH, Lung association, and others are pouring lots of money into this research right now. Just about any reasonable research is being funded. Research institutions and pharmaceutical companies have cooperated and going full tilt forward to get a grip on this thing. Until the final silver bullet is found.

This virus currently has a R-Nought of 3-4 because of its newness. The flu has less than one due to vaccines and herd immunity.

We will eventually get it to a one or less... currently we got it dropped down because of isolation...but that can't last for too long for entire populations. We gotta work.

We just gotta hang in there for a bit.

But in the meantime there are a lot of people waiting to go to the doctors and dentists.... because of this virus. Waiting due to fears of catching it or fear of doctors being busy.
That won't last.

That's the real bump in overwhelmed hospitals. People still get cancers, failed joints, diabetes, kidney stones, hernias and etc. But they have delayed going and getting this stuff fixed.
When the quarantines ease up all hell will break loose.

Apparently im a hero for staying at home and also for washing my hands. Lol. That would be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Quinine is the old...hydrochloroquine is the new drug.
Quinine is in tonic water and people with certain genetic backgrounds can't take the stuff.
Usually black and Mediterranean/middle Eastern. There is another but I can't remember... never needed to as I'm not a doctor, I just remember weird stuff in bits and pieces. But anyway they don't take it as it has bad side effects for them.
My wife and I occasionally drink a tonic water to help with cramps/Charlie horses. And it does miracles for that.

But I really wouldn't encourage drinking that stuff on a regular basis. It tastes nasty and...I don't think that it's all that good for you. But mixed with Gin or cranberry juice it isn't so bad. Just saying...

I'll take the cranberry juice but I think that I will skip out on the other two beverages. Besides, I'm crazy enough as it is and I can't figure out why I do the things I do without the gin. :rofl2

And eventually this thing will be tamed. But it's still going to take years and a lot of lives.

And here I was thinking that it would start getting better by summertime. :sad

Someones baby died and they cannot have a funeral but at the very least they wanted the baby's ashes home with them so they travelled to the city to pick them up, the police officer said they were breaking the rules, but did allow them to carry on.

Fair enough, you would feel bad if you didn't. Sorry, no funeral, no moarrning, no you cannot get your baby's ashes. Go home.

Someones baby died and they cannot have a funeral but at the very least they wanted the baby's ashes home with them so they travelled to the city to pick them up, the police officer said they were breaking the rules, but did allow them to carry on.

Fair enough, you would feel bad if you didn't. Sorry, no funeral, no moarrning, no you cannot get your baby's ashes. Go home.

Really? That's really sad, which baby died?

CDC said:
...N and S proteins are the main immunogenic coronavirus proteins...detecting antibodies against 2 different antigens might be needed to confirm the findings and avoid false-negative results in surveillance studies.

CDC researchers have developed antibody tests for SARS 1, and are attempting to use this test to monitor SARS 2 patients (19). The two SARS viruses are very similar to each other, but sufficiently different from other coronaviruses (common cold) that antibodies detected can be traced to 19. More than one antigen is being tested for, which makes the tests more accurate.

Since few have been exposed to SARS 1, and SARS 1 antibodies mostly disappear within 6 years, any antibodies detected should be from SARS 2 (19).

Urban Physics said:
As far as we know right now, people are much more likely to be infected by close contact with an infected person than by touching a contaminated surface. That said, it’s still important to be conscious of what we’re touching, especially high-touch surfaces, and be careful about cleaning our hands after touching things. For example, public transit or grocery stores and places where there tend to be a lot of people.

Stay out of the slipstream. Walkers, runners, and cyclists leave behind a cloud of virus particles. Additional distance beyond the 1.5 meters recommended for stationary people is needed. Windy days can also move viruses beyond 1.5 meters.

NBC said:
“It's absolutely irresponsible for any company to be encouraging people to go out there and fly (right now),” said another flight attendant. “It goes against everything that the CDC says to stay home. You know, when we're encouraging people to take mileage runs for absolutely no reason, just to gain mileage it's a slap in our face while other are trying to keep us protected.”

We are told to stay at home, yet airlines are still letting people travel to plague zones, and bring that stuff back to local communities. What is going on?

Idk, but about the article I posted above I was going to point out that church services are currently being streamed online for a reason.

Most churches seem to be doing the lockdown thing.

Its those ridiculous airlines and passenger ships that brought the plague to America in the first place. Now they are preventing cities from bringing the plague under control by constantly reinfecting cities.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back