Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

crush

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
How should a girl handle really liking a guy and caring about him? I don't want to be the pursuer so should I just pray and ask God if he is the one He wants me to be with?

Absolutely pray. Our pastor tells about all the girls he wanted to mary but God said no. Now, after their 10th high school reunion, he
understands why God said no. So be patient and wait for the one that God knows will be best for you.

To the OP: How old are you? The answer to that question governs the proper response. High school girls don't need to be in a serious dating relationship (nor high school boys, either). College girls can be in an exclusive relationship but should be spending more time attending to their studies (as should the college boys). Young women out on their own can begin serious consideration of this issue.

Absolutely pray. Our pastor tells about all the girls he wanted to mary but God said no. Now, after their 10th high school reunion, he
understands why God said no.
So be patient and wait for the one that God knows will be best for you.

Carolyn:

I like that! :)

Blessings.

No one really knows if anyone has plenty of time but thanks. I'll be praying.

No one does; right. I think we are commenting on your age, though. It's not a put down; on the contrary, having a fresh mind and energy is something to be glad about, because at your age people have lots of opportunities that older people don't. So, yes, being in the current of God's will, sought out by trusting prayer, is a really good idea.

Blessings.

My first girlfriend pursued me. I think a lot of times girls realize they want the guy and make it really easy and giving the guy the idea to ask them out. Some more subtle than others. Can't go wrong praying about it. You seem cool from the little you've been on here he'd be lucky to have you.

Ask for his help with something. Not a few seconds thing like opening a jar but a task which lasts at least a 5 minutes.

You will get an idea if he is interested in you by how keen he is to help you. If you choose the task properly, it will include plenty of time to talk to each other whilst you are both doing it. If it is a repeating or ongoing task, he may offer to help again. He may be under-confident so you need to make it easy for him to ask you out if you are not prepared to ask him out. Always remember that men are just as susceptible to flattery as women are.

Good luck.

Don't rely 100% on God. There is some good advice to people in boats being blown onto the rocks - Pray to God for help but pick up the oars and row!

Don't rely 100% on God. There is some good advice to people in boats being blown onto the rocks - Pray to God for help but pick up the oars and row!

Aardverk, I respectfully ask you to step out of this request for advice coming from a Christian directed at Christians. It's not your place to advise her not to rely 100% on God. I believe your point was that she should take measures herself in addition to prayer, but it comes back to her seeking out advice on a Christian board.

I'm just asking that you acknowledge boundaries when deciding where to give feedback on CFnet. Please move on here and not make this about a disagreement with my advice to you.

My advice to you, JG, is to put this in God's hands. Be patient on Him.

It is so refreshing to hear a young lady asking God's approval BEFORE anything happens.

Seems we always want God to fix our relationships, but never want Him involved in the decision making process.

My youngest son is about your age, I pray he would have such mature attitude.

I believe I need to apologize to Aardverk for being critical of his post in this thread. While I still feel my point was valid, it was disrespectful of me to address him as I did. He deserves better.

Aardverk, I'm sorry. It was wrong of me to say what I did. I could delete my post, but those that have already read it should read this follow up.

How should a girl handle really liking a guy and caring about him? I don't want to be the pursuer so should I just pray and ask God if he is the one He wants me to be with?

I would say pray about it and to try to be his friend. If it is the Lord's will the friendship will become more, if not the Lord can help you with your feelings and you two can continue to be friends.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back