Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Dietary instruction in the bible - avoid ULTRA-PROCESSED food, GMO food and other artificial food

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Circumcision of the heart is part of eternal life. Circumcision of the flesh was never an ultimate spiritual reality. It pointed to something yet to come.

The law placed in our new heart of flesh replaces the stony heart.

The seed is the word of God.
The ground is men’s hearts.

The food is eating His body and drinking His blood.

Revelation 3:20 kjv
29. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

We bring the sacrifice of praise to the table.

Things of the law were types and shadows of things yet to come.

Mississippi redneck.
Yes, and I would add that law is for spiritually immature kids, teaching is for spiritually mature grownups. Law is for thugs, teaching is for citizens. An untrustworthy person always has to be told what to do and be monitored, a trustworthy person takes initiative and leads the way.

Yes, and I would add that law is for spiritually immature kids, teaching is for spiritually mature grownups. Law is for thugs, teaching is for citizens. An untrustworthy person always has to be told what to do and be monitored, a trustworthy person takes initiative and leads the way.
Here is where I get in trouble?
I would just say:
Have you (any person)had the eyes of your understanding enlighted?
Are you Baptized in the Holy Spirit.
Have you received spiritual gifts.

Some folks make the process too person oriented, and leave off what the Godhead has done and continues to do in our life.

It can vary from group to group. I actually do not even want to describe all these aspects. I honestly do not know all the ins and outs of everything. God knows.

Mississippi red neck
eddif.

Sometimes it's not.
It is in this case.
"Fulfillment" doesn mean "done away with" or "abolished" as you think it does, but perfect demonstration; and "torah" primarily means teaching or instruction in Hebrew, not law. Also, Gen. 2:7 and 9:3 are NOT Mosaic law, it's God's design for all mankind.
Jesus completed all He was preordained to accomplish.
"It is finished!"
I don't believe you'd only have one and be content. Also, I never mentioned pie, I myself bake apple pie and pumpkin pie; I was talking about junk food such as Twinkie, which most people neither eat as meal or dessert, but snack.
Your OT based assumptions cloud your reasoning.

The earlier cohorts of orthomolecular practitioners tended to have md or do credentials 🪪 so a lot of it was and is heavy supplementation to achieve drug like effects without the toxicity of actual drugs. Point is..

One of the points that cohort made back in the 60s is even more relevant now: even a healthful thoughtfully balanced diet will not provide what one needs especially as soil quality is getting worse and even organic produce lacks the level of nutrients comparable food has decades prior.
For thousands of years, and completely in line with God's Word, Promise, and Plan,
His people who do as He Says are blessed, including with , often, better health, and not by imitating drugs at all. No - giving the body what God Created the Body To Use, To 'need' if you will, and not to try to alter the body (nor the mind) , not to try to alter the symptoms, via toxins or inappropriate drug use. Appropriate drug use can have good and desired effects, yes.
Othro practices , hopefully, are to have good and desired effects without drug actions. and dietary use of plants and herbs "leaves of the trees" in Scripture, have been around since the garden.... noting to avoid that one thing! (disobedience!!) ....
Obedience is rewarded with peace, joy and righteousness in Jesus' Life now on earth in His People. Rarely seen, but without effort - This is His Doing, in a remnant (not in most anywhere).

I eat all those foods except #2 which is not Kosher (and maybe the Lord one day will explain this)
Noting yes there is a natural explanation also today, known for centuries by those who avoid the harmful diets.
Those things that God forbid to eat, while very popular at times with pagan nation's diets,
cause harm in the body that is measurable and proven (no, there is no link nor reference I have at this point )
if you can find a biological/natural/ homeopathic or other truthful tester they might be willing to show you.

It is in this case.

Jesus completed all He was preordained to accomplish.
"It is finished!"

Your OT based assumptions cloud your reasoning.
Jesus has completed part of what he was to do.

As an intercessor his work is still going on.

Hebrews 7:25 kjv
25. Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Use the book of Job.

eddif

Jesus has completed part of what he was to do.
Jesus said "It is finished".
I believe Him.
As an intercessor his work is still going on.
Hebrews 7:25 kjv
25. Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
Thanks be to God.
It is also written..."Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Heb 4:16)
Our own voices can now be answered by God.

Jesus said "It is finished".
I believe Him.

Thanks be to God.
It is also written..."Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Heb 4:16)
Our own voices can now be answered by God.
It what is finished? It does not say everything is finished.

It it does not say we came boldly to the throne.

Come (to me anyway) means at a point in time we began to approach the throne, and others are still approaching that throne. We are still (IMHO) approaching the throne.

I am not a big Greek language fan, but Greek language structure does seem different different than English.

We see through a glass darkly. It is terrible we sin in our understanding, but we do at times.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Come (to me anyway) means at a point in time we began to approach the throne, and others are still approaching that throne. We are still (IMHO) approaching the throne.

I am not a big Greek language fan, but Greek language structure does seem different different than English.

We see through a glass darkly. It is terrible we sin in our understanding, but we do at times.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
The law had priests that interceded for the sins of Israel.
IMHO that part of the law stands as long as Jesus is interceeding.

Maybe to some people everything seems to be done.

Using the law lawfully. A tedious, nerve wracking, agony.
The answer could be:
Just chunk the law away.

Jesus was in agony fulfilling the Fathers will. Jesus came under the law and suffered under the law. Our sins were placed in Jesus on the cross.

Helping others is not just a pleasant walk in the park at times.

Use the law lawfully and there glitches. That is just the way it seems to be. Paul seemed to understand he would suffer.

Do we suffer?
Many are the trials of the righteous, but the Lord delivers us out of them all.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Everything He was foreordained to do was finished at His death.
We could say Heb 4:16 commands it.
But I take it as saying we are now allowed to do it as there is no more need for a priest to do it for us.
I wonder why anyone would dawdle to avail themselves of such an honor ?
Maybe they just don't yet require the grace or help we can now ask for in times of need.
Nothing prevents it...for the truly repentant.
Structure of sentences has no bearing on the substance.
How can a misunderstanding be a sin ?

Eating a Twinkie is not a sin to me.
Perhaps so. Perhaps not ? If someone, anyone, does discover that future (or present) heart disease is caused by that eating,
someone does then still continue what is known to be contributing to heart disease (let alone family , friends, etc who are influenced)...
then does doing something knowing that causes harm remain not sin ?
Can causing harm be willingly done "by faith in Jesus" ?

Perhaps so. Perhaps not ? If someone, anyone, does discover that future (or present) heart disease is caused by that eating,
someone does then still continue what is known to be contributing to heart disease (let alone family , friends, etc who are influenced)...
then does doing something knowing that causes harm remain not sin ?
Can causing harm be willingly done "by faith in Jesus" ?
By adhering to the "moderation in all things" tenet, we can enjoy the unlimited grace of God in all we eat.
Just be sure that 1 Tim 4:4..."For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:" is true.
I mean, even drinking too much water can kill a person.

Sin comes from the mind, it's not about certain behaviors. outward behaviors are but a reflection of inward desires.
The law was written about outward behaviors spoken of in the law of Moses.
This was just waiting for Jesus.
These outward behaviors were pointing toward things to come on the inside.
Most of time about Jesus

Sabbaths and holy days were anout our rest in what Jesus later accomplished.

I will put my law in your hearts and minds.

Mississippi rednect
eddif

Back