Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Dietary instruction in the bible - avoid ULTRA-PROCESSED food, GMO food and other artificial food

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I hope you are not accusing Jesus of worshipping idols when He saw the fig tree when "He hungered". (Matt 21:18-19)
You are confusing real hunger with sugar craving. Those are not the same. Also, in Matt 21:18-19 and the parallel passages in Luke and Mark, fig tree is a symbol of Israel, Jesus was not hungry for figs, he was checking if Israel was bearing any spiritual fruit, and he found none.
If you are trying to make me revert to OT customs, forget it.
I will keep thanking God for, and praying for the blessing promised by God, over my foods.
Is 1 Corinthians in the OT? Or the NT? Even if it were in the OT, Jesus came not to abolish it, but to fulfill it.
Yes, it is.
Eating a Twinkie is not a sin.
As soon as you eat one, you immediately crave for the next, guaranteed. You never stops at "a Twinkie". Twinkies are formulated and cooked in this way. That's the craving I'm talking about.

No, it’s “simple,” as in not complex—which is neither starch nor fiber.
And that's why it's bad. Abundant "simple sugar" don't exist in nature, even the sweet juice in sugarcane comes hand in hand with woody fiber. It's not "simple", it's oversimplification.

And that's why it's bad. Abundant "simple sugar" don't exist in nature, even the sweet juice in sugarcane comes hand in hand with woody fiber. It's not "simple", it's oversimplification.
Look I basically agree with you.
There is one abundant source and it comes with a warning.

Proverbs 25:16 kjv
16. Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it.

John the Baptist must have had control.
Proverbs 16:24 kjv
24. Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

Not the honey but the fulfilled meaning.

Moderation and highest spiritual meaning.

Each person from their faith.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Last edited:
And that's why it's bad.
Why? Did God make them bad for us?

Abundant "simple sugar" don't exist in nature, even the sweet juice in sugarcane comes hand in hand with woody fiber.
Fruit, vegetables, honey, and milk all contain sugars. All simple sugars, whether natural or processed, are treated the same way and one isn't worse than other. Yes, fruit also has fiber and other nutrients which make them healthier than having only processed sugars, but that's not the point. Too much fruit isn't all that good because of the amount of sugar. For example, two large apples contain as much sugar as a can of soda.

It's not "simple", it's oversimplification.
Not on my part.

Fruit, vegetables, honey, and milk all contain sugars. All simple sugars, whether natural or processed, are treated the same way and one isn't worse than other. Yes, fruit also has fiber and other nutrients which make them healthier than having only processed sugars, but that's not the point. Too much fruit isn't all that good because of the amount of sugar. For example, two large apples contain as much sugar as a can of soda.

Not on my part.
Tea and coffee made from plants contain diuretics . caffeine naturally

Oranges have sugar and also citric acid naturally.and diabetics use bananas for sugar as needed because the body can process it that fast.

Tea and coffee made from plants contain diuretics . caffeine naturally

Oranges have sugar and also citric acid naturally.and diabetics use bananas for sugar as needed because the body can process it that fast.
Yes. An 8 oz. glass of orange juice contains about 22g of sugar and 0g of fiber.

As bananas ripen, they become higher sources of sugar and lower sources of complex carbs. A ripe banana can contain about 16% of its weight in sugar with low levels of complex carbs. For a diabetic, this can be a good source to boost blood glucose rapidly as you mentioned. Greener bananas, not so much.

You are confusing real hunger with sugar craving. Those are not the same.
I thank God for supplying me with food when I am hungry.
I also thank Him for the occasional Twinkie.
Also, in Matt 21:18-19 and the parallel passages in Luke and Mark, fig tree is a symbol of Israel, Jesus was not hungry for figs, he was checking if Israel was bearing any spiritual fruit, and he found none.
I feel you are over-spiritualizing it.
Sometimes a tree is just a tree.
Is 1 Corinthians in the OT? Or the NT? Even if it were in the OT, Jesus came not to abolish it, but to fulfill it.
NT; and thank God the OT has been fulfilled.
As soon as you eat one, you immediately crave for the next, guaranteed. You never stops at "a Twinkie". Twinkies are formulated and cooked in this way. That's the craving I'm talking about.
Perhaps your reaction to sugar is different than mine.
If it is a sin for you to eat Twinkies, Ho-Hos, cookies, etc., then don't eat them.

John wrote, in John 10:10..."... I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."
Cookies and Twinkies and pie, etc., are my "abundantly".
But....moderation in all things.

That IS the point. This is the “a calorie is a calorie” reductionist thinking, as though human body made in God’s image was just a machine and all kinds of food can be reduced to simple numbers. Even if that was the case, the labeled calorie amount in processed foods and our calorie intake from them are usually underestimated. And again, the fiber in those two apples makes a big difference, it’s not the same as a can of soda. High fructose syrup does NOT exist in nature.

I feel you are over-spiritualizing it.
No, that's the symbol of Israel, directly linked to the parable of fig tree in the Olivet Discourse.

NT; and thank God the OT has been fulfilled.
"For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled." - Matt. 5:18. Last time I checked, neither heaven nor earth has passed away.
John wrote, in John 10:10..."... I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."
Cookies and Twinkies and pie, etc., are my "abundantly".
But....moderation in all things.
That's not abundantly, that's gluttony. Overindulgence. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but every word proceeds from the mouth of God." Matt. 4:4, quoting Deut. 8:3.

God didn't, man did. You mentioned apple, so take apple for instance, first we've got wild apple trees that only grew in certain terrain and certain climate, and only bore small, tangy fruit in certain season; then we've got domesticated apple trees in orchards with desirable traits, we can have fresh and tasty apple available all year around; then apple is processed into apple sauce and apple juice, packed in bottles and boxes; then candies with artificially extracted apple flavor. Now we even have apple that doesn't turn brown when cut and exposed to oxygen. We're drifting further and further away from God's creation.

That IS the point. This is the “a calorie is a calorie” reductionist thinking,
You still don't seem to be understanding what I'm saying. What I am saying has nothing to do with "a calorie is a calorie." It has everything to do with how the body body processes simple carbs, whether natural or processed; it uses them the same. HFCS isn't any worse than fructose, as previous thinking went. It only ends up being bad because of the quantities used and it's easier to consume more than it is to eat a ton of fruit.

as though human body made in God’s image was just a machine and all kinds of food can be reduced to simple numbers. Even if that was the case, the labeled calorie amount in processed foods and our calorie intake from them are usually underestimated.
This has nothing to do with my point.

And again, the fiber in those two apples makes a big difference, it’s not the same as a can of soda.
It might slow the absorption of the sugar, but in the end, it is still the same amount of sugar. And having too much of it will have the same result as having too much soda.

High fructose syrup does NOT exist in nature.
I know, and that's not the issue, which is, that the body treats the sugar in it the same way it treats fructose.

God didn't, man did. You mentioned apple, so take apple for instance, first we've got wild apple trees that only grew in certain terrain and certain climate, and only bore small, tangy fruit in certain season; then we've got domesticated apple trees in orchards with desirable traits, we can have fresh and tasty apple available all year around; then apple is processed into apple sauce and apple juice, packed in bottles and boxes; then candies with artificially extracted apple flavor. Now we even have apple that doesn't turn brown when cut and exposed to oxygen. We're drifting further and further away from God's creation.
God didn't make apples and all the other fruit with fructose? God didn't make bees to make honey?

No, that's the symbol of Israel, directly linked to the parable of fig tree in the Olivet Discourse.
"For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled." - Matt. 5:18. Last time I checked, neither heaven nor earth has passed away.
Do you suppose circumcision is still relevant ?
How about feast keeping ?
They are no longer necessary for salvation, so where is your cut-off line for "fulfilled" ?
That's not abundantly, that's gluttony. Overindulgence. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but every word proceeds from the mouth of God." Matt. 4:4, quoting Deut. 8:3.
If having a slice of pie is gluttony to you, don't have a slice of pie.
Dessert is not gluttony to me, thanks be to God.

God didn't make apples and all the other fruit with fructose? God didn't make bees to make honey?
God didn't make apples or any other fruit with HFCS, aspartame or any other artificial sweetener. And last time I checked, there's no raw honey in soda, only these artificial sweeteners.

I know, and that's not the issue, which is, that the body treats the sugar in it the same way it treats fructose.
No it doesn't, fructose goes into the liver and causes damage. Don't take my own word for it, do your own research.
It might slow the absorption of the sugar, but in the end, it is still the same amount of sugar. And having too much of it will have the same result as having too much soda.
No it's not. The sweenter in soda exceedingly surpasses the sugar in fruits. You feel full after eating a few fruits, you never feel full drinking soda.
You still don't seem to be understanding what I'm saying. What I am saying has nothing to do with "a calorie is a calorie." It has everything to do with how the body body processes simple carbs, whether natural or processed; it uses them the same. HFCS isn't any worse than fructose, as previous thinking went. It only ends up being bad because of the quantities used and it's easier to consume more than it is to eat a ton of fruit.
This is absolutely false. As I said, nobody eats "a ton of fruit", you'll feel full after you eat a few; but you can quickly down a large bottle of soda with the amoung of sugar equivalent to "a ton of fruit". Also, soda is widely available, especially in low income areas known as "food desert", it's easier to get soda than fresh water, whereas fresh fruit and vegetable are nowhere to be found.

I guess there is a sort of solution.
Who is going to volunteer to eat ONLY synthetic meat (impossible burger), sodas, twinkies, boost, sugar crispss and cheap one a day vitamins, for (A FIVE YEAR) study to prove that synthetic highly processed stuff is safe and nutritious?

I personally would not want to try such a diet for a year.

Do miracles happen even today? Yes.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Sometimes it's not.
Do you suppose circumcision is still relevant ?
How about feast keeping ?
They are no longer necessary for salvation, so where is your cut-off line for "fulfilled" ?
"Fulfillment" doesn mean "done away with" or "abolished" as you think it does, but perfect demonstration; and "torah" primarily means teaching or instruction in Hebrew, not law. Also, Gen. 2:7 and 9:3 are NOT Mosaic law, it's God's design for all mankind.
If having a slice of pie is gluttony to you, don't have a slice of pie.
Dessert is not gluttony to me, thanks be to God.
I don't believe you'd only have one and be content. Also, I never mentioned pie, I myself bake apple pie and pumpkin pie; I was talking about junk food such as Twinkie, which most people neither eat as meal or dessert, but snack.

Circumcision of the heart is part of eternal life. Circumcision of the flesh was never an ultimate spiritual reality. It pointed to something yet to come.

The law placed in our new heart of flesh replaces the stony heart.

The seed is the word of God.
The ground is men’s hearts.

The food is eating His body and drinking His blood.

Revelation 3:20 kjv
29. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

We bring the sacrifice of praise to the table.

Things of the law were types and shadows of things yet to come.

Mississippi redneck.

Hebrews 13:15 kjv
15. I’m By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Revelation 22:2 kjv
2. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, andyielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Every month we see the moon come and go. As we saw Jesus go so shall we see him come again.

The fruit of our lips in praise.

Mississippi redneck
eddif.

Back