Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you cook with gas ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It only makes sense. Fuel combustion converts the fuel to other gases including carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and others and since the fires are not vented outdoors, these gases are emitted into the room. We can't see, smell, or taste them but they are there just as they are in the atmosphere from fuel combustion and other sources. The real question is whether or not they are in high enough concentration to be a concern.

When I go ice fishing, I use a LP gas buddy heater for heat. It provides from 6,000 - 12,000 BTU of heat. My fish house measures about 6' x 8' x 6' tall (about 300 cu. ft.) and most of the time I get by using the 6,000 BTU setting. I have never felt any negative effects from the exhaust even when spending an entire day fishing. But that doesn't mean those exhaust gases are not present. Just not in high enough concentration to be a problem. The heater has a low oxygen safety sensor that will shut it down just in case although I don't know how sensitive it is so would I be unconscious before it stopped?
You go out and fish on the ice, but say you haven't felt any bad effects?
Fishing on the ice is a "bad effect" ! LOL

Because despotism is trying to take over by merely wanting to ban gas stoves which pose a health risk? First it's the stoves, then it's the guns then, it's your loved ones. Is that how it goes?
They will only take my baby seal, from my cold dead hands !

I like our LP stove (GE Profile) and have LP log fireplace insert we use if our electric heat can't keep up . If we loose power we still have heat and cooking ability :) .
That's one of the advantages of gas stove. Growing up we had gas stove and there were times during power outages due to storms or whatever, when we relied on that gas stove for heat in our house.

That's one of the advantages of gas stove. Growing up we had gas stove and there were times during power outages due to storms or whatever, when we relied on that gas stove for heat in our house.
I bought a charcoal grill for that reason and had an propane grill before that .

And do you seriously think they are concerned with health? This is how despotism takes over in that they say "it's for the safety or health of our ____" (fill in the blank). And yet they allow abortions and infanticide even after birth under certain conditions. Personally, I get so weary of the double-standards in that they say "what's good for you is not for me..." or again "rules for thee but not for me..."
The Democratic party currently has control in both Minnesota house and senate. One of the things they are trying to get passed right now would allow abortions at any time during pregnancy according to the local Minneapolis-St. Paul television news.

I don't know if it would be good to use a charcoal grill indoors to heat a home.
I was talking about Florida weather when you loose power you can boil water without a stove and we get boil notices for power outages .

A fire place which we do have here can .some homes are old enough or the wealthy have them but those are gas .the older ones are not and are wood driven .let me dig up the older photos of these as most always had them for cookimg and hearing .some homes had one for each

The Democratic party currently has control in both Minnesota house and senate. One of the things they are trying to get passed right now would allow abortions at any time during pregnancy according to the local Minneapolis-St. Paul television news.
And what does this have to do with the OP's subject?

I was talking about Florida weather when you loose power you can boil water without a stove and we get boil notices for power outages .

A fire place which we do have here can .some homes are old enough or the wealthy have them but those are gas .the older ones are not and are wood driven .let me dig up the older photos of these as most always had them for cookimg and hearing .some homes had one for each
I have a gas stove, a wood-burning fireplace, a propane grill, a charcoal grill, and several camping stoves.

Yeah, and here if we have a power outage it could be -25° F with a -80° wind chill. A gas stove wouldn't heat the whole house but one could keep from freezing to death even though the water lines may freeze.

Yeah, and here if we have a power outage it could be -25° F with a -80° wind chill. A gas stove wouldn't heat the whole house but one could keep from freezing to death even though the water lines may freeze.
When we lived in central Minnesota we heated our home with a wood-burning stove (an Ashley) and cooked on a wood-burning cookstove. We also had a wood-burning stove in our sauna. We went through a lot of wood every year, mostly oak and tamarack.

When we lived in central Minnesota we heated our home with a wood-burning stove (an Ashley) and cooked on a wood-burning cookstove. We also had a wood-burning stove in our sauna. We went through a lot of wood every year, mostly oak and tamarack.
Don't know of Ashley, MN. Are you speaking of Ashley township? I'm in West Union township. We would have been neighbors.

Don't know of Ashley, MN. Are you speaking of Ashley township? I'm in West Union township. We would have been neighbors.
An Ashley is a brand of stove with a thermostatically-controlled bimetal damper. It is not a place. We lived in Bluffton township, near Wadena.

Back