Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you cook with gas ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Well, the person using the gas stove made the decision to use it in the first place. This goes to my argument in the "Just Say No" thread about firearms. It's not the tool but the person using the tool that is the problem. There are ways to fill our bellies without needing to cook but of course that would require some forethought, preparation, and planning and yes maybe even a little more work.

Personally, I see the gas stove thing as a likely spin-off of the EV push. Just another angle to the agenda is all. For if we really think about it, automobiles are only the tip of the iceberg. Heating homes, shops, parking garages, businesses, factories, and so forth is the next highest producer of air pollution. Cooking food is another. In the end we get down to our very lives. The fact that we exist at all is a contributor to air pollution and greenhouse gases.

Eventually, and likely not in our lifetime, our fears will get us there and we'll start limiting births and when that happens, we'll even take it to the next step and put a condition on who qualifies to be able to even have children.
Once I would have said a post like this was out there .it's not ,you can't ignore the whacky ev pushers and how politicians will seem to bend towards them .

Remember the cfl bulbs ? The water efficient and environmental friendly washing machines that really don't clean well ? Dishwashers that take longer and also low flo toilets and showers?

Well, the person using the gas stove made the decision to use it in the first place. This goes to my argument in the "Just Say No" thread about firearms. It's not the tool but the person using the tool that is the problem. There are ways to fill our bellies without needing to cook but of course that would require some forethought, preparation, and planning and yes maybe even a little more work.

Personally, I see the gas stove thing as a likely spin-off of the EV push. Just another angle to the agenda is all. For if we really think about it, automobiles are only the tip of the iceberg. Heating homes, shops, parking garages, businesses, factories, and so forth is the next highest producer of air pollution. Cooking food is another. In the end we get down to our very lives. The fact that we exist at all is a contributor to air pollution and greenhouse gases.

Eventually, and likely not in our lifetime, our fears will get us there and we'll start limiting births and when that happens, we'll even take it to the next step and put a condition on who qualifies to be able to even have children.
Reductio ad absurdum.

Once I would have said a post like this was out there .it's not ,you can't ignore the whacky ev pushers and how politicians will seem to bend towards them .

Remember the cfl bulbs ? The water efficient and environmental friendly washing machines that really don't clean well ? Dishwashers that take longer and also low flo toilets and showers?
Reductio ad absurdum, part two.

Yes, that's what I said. "To your point."
Ha ha. :thumbThere is more than one way to understand that. I took it as meaning, "Now to address your point," as in a refutation of it. Maybe there is only one way to understand it and I was just too tired.

Personally, I see the gas stove thing as a likely spin-off of the EV push. Just another angle to the agenda is all.
Although that is a possibility, personally I wouldn't go that far. EVs are interesting and the tech is cool, but right now it is a lot of green-washing.

For if we really think about it, automobiles are only the tip of the iceberg. Heating homes, shops, parking garages, businesses, factories, and so forth is the next highest producer of air pollution.
This is part of the reason for building design like Passive House, which I am a supporter of. It not only takes minimal energy (a fraction of what the average home uses), the method of building reduces maintenance and increases the longevity.

Cooking food is another. In the end we get down to our very lives. The fact that we exist at all is a contributor to air pollution and greenhouse gases.

I read a brief comment about a book (I think it's somewhere in my Amazon wishlist) where the authors show that we are already at the point of no return with birth rates that are too low. At some point soon, likely when all the older people start dying, the world population will start decreasing. There will be no need to limit births; we've largely done it automatically. That is to say, it seems there is actually a need to increase birth rates.

Although that is a possibility, personally I wouldn't go that far. EVs are interesting and the tech is cool, but right now it is a lot of green-washing.

This is part of the reason for building design like Passive House, which I am a supporter of. It not only takes minimal energy (a fraction of what the average home uses), the method of building reduces maintenance and increases the longevity.

I read a brief comment about a book (I think it's somewhere in my Amazon wishlist) where the authors show that we are already at the point of no return with birth rates that are too low. At some point soon, likely when all the older people start dying, the world population will start decreasing. There will be no need to limit births; we've largely done it automatically. That is to say, it seems there is actually a need to increase birth rates.
That's in short why social safety nets in the u.s. are failing .

How do they say mom or dad?
This is hyperbole. In the US it is not illegal to say Mom or Dad. Options are available for alternate family structures. A case of a teacher being over zealous is not representative of the whole. So far no legislation over gas stoves has been put forward, and as long as people voted in reps in their states that have any kind of idea how common a gas stove is, it's not going away without a huge infrastructural over haul.

They have to say parent or parents, because they say some kids have two moms or two dads, because of the homosexual aganda going on here lol.

Freedom of religion is something us Americans are loosing by the wayside also..
We're turning freedom of religion "loose"?

They have to say parent or parents, because they say some kids have two moms or two dads, because of the homosexual aganda going on here lol.

Freedom of religion is something us Americans are loosing by the wayside also..
That's not quite true. Freedom of religion means you as an individual or family can choose to worship as you please or be part of a religion. That's means everyone can do that as well. It's not an attack on your right to worship if a seculR entity, such as a school accommodates chuldren of people outside your religion as well as your children.

That's not quite true. Freedom of religion means you as an individual or family can choose to worship as you please or be part of a religion. That's means everyone can do that as well. It's not an attack on your right to worship if a seculR entity, such as a school accommodates chuldren of people outside your religion as well as your children.
Yea there's alot to it, recently there's been a fuss over not allowing church in public schools NY after hours or on sunday. Apparently it's been a dispute for decades 😕

Yea there's alot to it, recently there's been a fuss over not allowing church in public schools NY after hours or on sunday. Apparently it's been a dispute for decades 😕
You and Milk-Drops have gone way off-topic. What does this have to do with cooking with gas?

I guess we're getting off topic if we continue along the lines of the EV/Electric solution, although I personally believe they are tied together especially when electric cookstoves is one way to reduce the problem presented by the OP, ergo, burning fuel exhaust inside the home.

We all know the dangers of parking our automobile inside a garage, closing the door, and letting the vehicle run. I had a friend that chose this method to end his life. No matter how safe it is claimed to use a fuel burning source of heat indoors, the risk is always there and having a functional carbon monoxide and/or oxygen sensor in place is smart.

Last edited:
Other issues are the mining of the minerals required for current battery technology, the fact that batteries won’t last the life of the vehicle and are basically unrecyclable (as far as I know), problems with batteries in extreme cold, reliable sources of electricity other than gas, etc.

They are pushing EVs much too hard, too fast. They aren’t nearly as green as people have been lead to believe and the entire automotive industry knows this; it’s largely virtue-signalling at this point. EVs are not the answer, at least not until much better, cleaner battery and energy tech are developed.

People also seem to be largely unaware of the progress with hydrogen fuel cells and efuels.
Efuel?

You could use electric engines with fuel cells or burn hydrogen .
The problem I see is deuterium and also or straight hydrogen gas.like propane it's must be caged .hydrogen easily ignites and explodes as it reacts with alot .

Other issues are the mining of the minerals required for current battery technology, the fact that batteries won’t last the life of the vehicle and are basically unrecyclable (as far as I know), problems with batteries in extreme cold, reliable sources of electricity other than gas, etc.

They are pushing EVs much too hard, too fast. They aren’t nearly as green as people have been lead to believe and the entire automotive industry knows this; it’s largely virtue-signalling at this point. EVs are not the answer, at least not until much better, cleaner battery and energy tech are developed.

People also seem to be largely unaware of the progress with hydrogen fuel cells and efuels.
Thank you so much for letting us in on the secrets. Not.

Oh, definatley. I was trying to not stir the pot by mentioning the possible child slavery around Tesla battery production. XD

What are efuels?
https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news...ic-fuel-could-save-the-combustion-engine.html

"There’s another important percentage Porsche touts too: 70, as in the percent of Porsches ever produced that are still on the road. The German company acknowledges that many of today’s cars still run on gasoline. Simply removing them from the global fleet isn’t a tenable option for a variety of reasons. Instead, Porsche and Siemens are working together to craft synthetic fuel dubbed eFuel, and it could dramatically reduce emissions to augment the world’s move towards more sustainable motoring.
eFuel is instead a derivative from hydrogen. The process begins with electrolysis, which splits water into hydrogen and oxygen gases. From there, Porsche and Siemens use captured carbon dioxide from the air, in combination with the hydrogen, to form synthesized methanol.

The methanol could then be used in ExxonMobil’s methanol-to-gasoline (MtG) process, at which point it could be blended to current fuel standards."

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back