Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does man naturally have ability to Seek God ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
heartwashed

False, and what scripture you talking about ?

You have to be born again, spiritually alive in order to call upon the name of the Lord, thats spiritual activity. Men by nature are spiritually dead in sin

I fear you are the one in eminent peril because of your man centered beliefs that deny the True Christ, may God have mercy on you

People are going to hell in Gods Justice for their sins, and because God didnt provide them a Saviour from sin, like He didnt for the some of the angels that sinned.

People Christ died for cant go to hell because Christ saved them from the sin of rejecting Him Matt 1:21, the only people going to hell are those who didnt have Christ as their Saviour from hell

Yes you are unteachable and very much deceived, may God have mercy on you, if it wasnt for Him having mercy on me, i would be deceived like you friend.

What do you call a God who predestined many to eternal Glory for nothing other than His Glory ?

False teaching, I see you have no understanding of Gods foreknowledge, and you are not teachable

False teaching, He knows everything thats going to happen because He so determined it to happen before the world was created. You act like God had to learn something before He determined it, lol, you belittle God friend

There you go, belittling God, saying He had to first gaze into the future to see what horse would win, see my God didnt have to do that, He predestinated what horse would win before the horse existed.
brightfame52,

I fear for you because you have on more than one occasion called sound doctrine false teaching; that means that you are rejecting the truth.

My God is Omniscient; so He knew before the beginning of time what horse would win. It's not that He had to do it, it's that He had the power to do it and did it.

If Christ died for the sin of rejecting Him in those who are elect, that means that the elect didn't ultimately reject Him; which means that they chose to receive Him.

Romans 10:13 says, "Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.", not, "Whosoever is saved shall call on the name of the Lord." You have the order of things in reverse.

God provided a Saviour for sin for everyone (1 John 2:2). Certain people aren't saved because they reject His provision; not because He didn't die for them.

The scripture I am talking about (first question) is if you compare Titus 3:5 and Ephesians 2:8-9.

Last edited:
Here is the reality, brightfame52,

You must receive Jesus as your Lord and Saviour in order to be saved.

If a person is saved before receiving Jesus, then he does not need to receive Jesus; that is false doctrine, don't you see?

I would ask you whether or not you have received Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.

If you cannot answer, then I assume that you haven't; for to not confess Him is to deny Him.

If you have received Him, it should be clear to you that is the reason why you are saved, if you are saved.

I fear you are the one in eminent peril because of your man centered beliefs that deny the True Christ, may God have mercy on you
What do you suggest I do about it?

I don't have a choice in the matter of whether I am saved or not.

Why even look towards God?

Please answer this question.

Last edited:
brightfame52,

I fear for you because you have on more than one occasion called sound doctrine false teaching; that means that you are rejecting the truth.

My God is Omniscient; so He knew before the beginning of time what horse would win. It's not that He had to do it, it's that He had the power to do it and did it.

If Christ died for the sin of rejecting Him in those who are elect, that means that the elect didn't ultimately reject Him; which means that they chose to receive Him.

Romans 10:13 says, "Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.", not, "Whosoever is saved shall call on the name of the Lord." You have the order of things in reverse.

God provided a Saviour for sin for everyone (1 John 2:2). Certain people aren't saved because they reject His provision; not because He didn't die for them.

The scripture I am talking about (first question) is if you compare Titus 3:5 and Ephesians 2:8-9.
You cant call upon the Name of the Lord until after being quicked , Ps 80:18

So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name.

God appointed a Saviour for the saved, all who are lost, had no Saviour , Christ never died for them who are lost in their sins, to even think He did is an insult to Him as the Saviour from sin !

You aren't teachable in regards to scripture. I have no problem with those verses, they have nothing to do with the natural man who doesn't seek after God, and cant !

Here is the reality, brightfame52,

You must receive Jesus as your Lord and Saviour in order to be saved.

If a person is saved before receiving Jesus, then he does not need to receive Jesus; that is false doctrine, don't you see?
The Truth is, you cant believe in Christ until you are born again, Saved

brightfame52,

If what you say is true, then a person can be born again apart from faith; and therefore faith is not necessary for salvation.

That is a false teaching that is contrary to everything that is taught by holy scripture.

Now if you will say to me that faith is the sure result of being born again, that might be more acceptable.

At least then you are not divorcing faith from the salvation of those who believe.

What do you suggest I do about it?

I don't have a choice in the matter of whether I am saved or not.

Why even look towards God?

Please answer this question.
There isn't anything you can do about it, but God can do something about it if He chooses !

brightfame52,

If what you say is true, then a person can be born again apart from faith; and therefore faith is not necessary for salvation.

That is a false teaching that is contrary to everything that is taught by holy scripture.
You are dishonest in what you say about me, Faith is necessary for Salvation, thats why its part of Salvation, when God saves/regenerates a person He gives them Faith. Faith comes with the New Birth or regeneration. Faith comes when God draws a person, and I have constantly told you this, so please dont lie on me again friend !

You are dishonest in what you say about me, Faith is necessary for Salvation, thats why its part of Salvation, when God saves/regenerates a person He gives them Faith. Faith comes with the New Birth or regeneration. Faith comes when God draws a person, and I have constantly told you this, so please dont lie on me again friend !
So, you are saying that faith is the sure result of being born again; and therefore if someone does not have faith, they are not born again.

Am I reading you right?

I am not trying to misrepresent you here; I think that maybe I am simply misunderstanding your position.

So what characteristic would distinguish a person who is born again, from one who is not ?
A Born again person will believe the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Sanctification of the Spirit is the New Birth and it leads, results in the belief of the TRUTH

It seems to me that if a person is born again before they have faith, that faith isn't necessary for being born again.

Is that not the logical conclusion?

If not, why not?

Why would a loving God not choose to do something about a person being headed for hell?
God has saved a multitude of people from Hell by His Love, the ones going to hell are getting what they deserve[Justice], in fact the ones He saved deserved to go to Hell also !

So, you are saying that faith is the sure result of being born again; and therefore if someone does not have faith, they are not born again.

Am I reading you right?

I am not trying to misrepresent you here; I think that maybe I am simply misunderstanding your position.
You should have been understood what I have been saying, I have said it over and over, and roger has told you the same thing over and over. Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22, havent we been telling you this all along and providing scripture ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back