Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does man naturally have ability to Seek God ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The fact that no man naturally seeks God Rom 3:11 its evidence of our corrupt will, the will of man is enslaved to sin, has no desire for God, the True God.17

The natural unregenerate man needs God desperately, we need to be quickened by God by His Mercy and Love Eph 2:1,4-5

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Apart from this merciful move from God, we are without any hope in this world, being spiritually dead unto God, the True God. See no natural man by nature in a unregenerate state, craves, searches for, worships or seeks the favor of the True God of Election, but contrarily scorns and holds Him in contempt ! Rom 8:7

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The word carnal here is the word sarx and its the very same word translated flesh in Vs 8

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

And all men by nature, in the unregenerate state, are #1 in the flesh and #2 carnal #3 can't please God ! 18

By nature, there is nothing in us, in regards to our sinful flesh/nature which causes us to seek the True and Living God, neither to even understand the things of the True God Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

This isnt altered until we are born of the Spirit Jn 3:6-7

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

you to far out in left field for me ,i will say this your well taught i have dealt with Calvinist / reformed what ever your presence is in name . makes me no never mind
over the years in carm i hashed this same very answer out back and forth, did a email correspondence with a Calvinist. till they seen they was getting no where in / converting me to Calvinism. before you respond i can give the answer . so you all been taught the same . you simply can not see out side the box
Friend, verses have been offered to you.
Jesus spoke those words.
Looks like many believe those verses, both here and elsewhere.

Now do men ever seek after the True God ? Acts 17:26-27

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

Acts 15:16-18

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

So yes, those whom God seeks out first with His regenerating grace and His effectual call, they will be caused to seek the Lord and put their Trust in Him, yet He Himself is the originating cause of their seeking Him Ps 65:4

4 Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.18

Man by nature is without hope and without God !

Eph 2:12

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

So therefore man naturally doesnt seek for the True God Rom 3:11. Man by nature is only a child of wrath Eph 2:3

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

So explain how one in this terrible shape, can seek after the True God ? He cant, and wont. Thats not to say man doesnt naturally seek after a god, but just not the True God !

How can a spiritually dead sinner exercise his so called freewill to choose God, when he is by nature without hope and without God ? Read Eph 2:20 once again. 18

Do not be so quick to say no as all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. This means every single one of us.
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned
All is a pronoun and points to a person, place or thing.
In this case, all is pointing to a set of nations. Those nations being Israel and the Gentiles.
Paul is not making the case that each and every individual has sinned. He is making the case that no single nation is without sin.

We only need to get our minds out of mens theology and false doctrines to read what is plainly written within the confines of the rules the English language imposes within its structure.

Sinned is past tense. It means we can look back and identify an action that goes against Gods law since it is Gods law which one can be charged of an offense. If All in Romans 3:23 is to be taken at the individual level, then it is to say that Jesus himself sinned or that Jesus was not man. We know that Jesus was fully man and we know Jesus was without sin. Another example would be a new born infant fresh out of the womb. Within Gods law, what identifiable action has a newborn baby violated to be deemed a sinner? Or is being born considered a sin? If so, what law does being born violate? And please do not try to say an infant is a sinner from birth due to the sin nature. We are each accountable for our sins and again, sinned is past tense. It means there is a clear violation of Gods law. There is no law violated by being born and conception is not sinful. We are beautifully and wonderfully made.

Actually, it is Gods command that we be fruitful and multiply. This means conception. Do we now say God commands us to sin? I think not.

Finally, keeping with Paul’s theme on a national level,
Romans 5:18
Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.

For all have sinned
In this case, all is pointing to a set of nations. Those nations being Israel and the Gentiles.
Paul is not making the case that each and every individual has sinned. He is making the case that no single nation is without sin.

We only need to get our minds out of mens theology and false doctrines to read what is plainly written within the confines of the rules the English language imposes within its structure.

Sinned is past tense. It means we can look back and identify an action that goes against Gods law since it is Gods law which one can be charged of an offense. If All in Romans 3:23 is to be taken at the individual level, then it is to say that Jesus himself sinned or that Jesus was not man. We know that Jesus was fully man and we know Jesus was without sin. Another example would be a new born infant fresh out of the womb. Within Gods law, what identifiable action has a newborn baby violated to be deemed a sinner? Or is being born considered a sin? If so, what law does being born violate? And please do not try to say an infant is a sinner from birth due to the sin nature. We are each accountable for our sins and again, sinned is past tense. It means there is a clear violation of Gods law. There is no law violated by being born and conception is not sinful. We are beautifully and wonderfully made.

Actually, it is Gods command that we be fruitful and multiply. This means conception. Do we now say God commands us to sin? I think not.

Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.
Hello SB,
Rom.3:23 is in the aorist tense, all sinned and died in Adam at one point in time,the fall
.Every single person in all the nations.
Jesus was virgin born and was not a sinner at all.
Psalm 51 declares we are conceived "in sin".

stovebolts

For all have sinned

Hi How you doing ? How do you understand Ecc 7:20

For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

For all have sinned

Thank you for correcting me. I wasn't going by men's theology and their false doctrines, it was only something that I thought that every person has sinned. I should had thought about what is written in Mark 2:17.

And no, a baby can not sin nor did I ever believe they can. Each one of us has to come to a certain age to understand what is good and evil, but a child is to young to understand good and evil.

Thank you for correcting me. I wasn't going by men's theology and their false doctrines, it was only something that I thought that every person has sinned. I should had thought about what is written in Mark 2:17.

And no, a baby can not sin nor did I ever believe they can. Each one of us has to come to a certain age to understand what is good and evil, but a child is to young to understand good and evil.
All sinned and died in Adam, even babies.

All sinned and died in Adam, even babies.
We know that is what Calvinist believe as the scriptures you use are being taken out of context. We are born in iniquity which means we are born into a sinful world, not that we are born with sin already.

Let me ask you this, how can a baby sin that knows no sin?

Lol, your funny. What sin does an infant commit out of the 613 laws of Torah that decree the laws?
Adam was our federal

Representative
No, it declares that David was conceived in sin. In Psalm 139 David also declares he was beautifully and wonderfully made.
David wrote both psalms….
Lol, your funny. What sin does an infant commit out of the 613 laws of Torah that decree the laws?
Adam was the head of the whole human race.
In Adam all died.
All persons conceived are sinners.
Roman's 5.12-21

We know that is what Calvinist believe as the scriptures you use are being taken out of context. We are born in iniquity which means we are born into a sinful world, not that we are born with sin already.

Let me ask you this, how can a baby sin that knows no sin?
Conceived in iniquity. Nothing was out of context.
You are.one who does.not go to church right?
You could learn if.you went to Sunday school.
Roman's 5:12-21...is a well known passage.
It is central to understand the gospel.

Back