Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does man naturally have ability to Seek God ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Scriptures list many who sought the Lord. There’s no way around it. Best get out your black marker and cross out those scriptures.
If anyone truly sought the True God rest assured it is because He first sought them and gave them a new spiritual heart and life. That's because man by nature does not seek God Rom 3:11

If anyone truly sought the True God rest assured it is because He first sought them and gave them a new spiritual heart and life. That's because man by nature does not seek God Rom 3:11
You can continue to repeat Calvinist doctrine all you want in full defiance of the many scriptures that tell who sought the Lord. Does not change the truth.

Ac 17:22 And Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus, and said, Ye men of Athens, in all things, I perceive that ye are very religious.
Ac 17:23 For as I passed along, and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription, TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. What therefore ye worship in ignorance, this I set forth unto you.
Ac 17:24 The God that made the world and all things therein, he, being Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Humans have always worshipped gods, no other creature does. I was quite correct, God created us to worship Him sir. Gen 1:26

What is your understanding as to why humans who have never heard of God create a god to worship brightfame52
This proves that man by nature does not seek out the True God as Rom 3:11 states, however by nature we seek false gods.

You can continue to repeat Calvinist doctrine all you want in full defiance of the many scriptures that tell who sought the Lord. Does not change the truth.
Lol truth is that man by nature does not seek God, the True God, however we are religious and superstitious by nature and serve idols Rom 3:11

Lol truth is that man by nature does not seek God, the True God, however we are religious and superstitious by nature and serve idols Rom 3:11
It is quite striking how man is accused of such evil by Calvinists. Such a negative view of God's creation is unusual. Of course, Roman 3:11 says nothing of the kind and there is no other verse even close to that.

It is quite striking how man is accused of such evil by Calvinists. Such a negative view of God's creation is unusual. Of course, Roman 3:11 says nothing of the kind and there is no other verse even close to that.
Nothing you say is going to change anything. Man by nature does not seek out the True God Rom 3:11.

1 Chron 22:19 says nothing about man by nature can or does seek God. Now if anyone does Seek out God it's evidence that God has first sought them and gave them a new spiritual heart and life and causes it.

Nothing to reconcile, man naturally just doesnt seek God nor understand Him Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Whats to reconcile ?
What's to reconcile?

How about those many verses I gave you that state that man IS ABLE TO SEEK GOD....
And I have plenty more if you need them.

However, ONE VERSE would be sufficient to cause a conflict within scripture.
And in scripture there can be NO CONFLICT, or something is wrong.

After all, it's the ONE AND THE SAME GOD that inspired ALL of the bible,
so all of the bible has to be in agreement with itself.

IF IT IS NOT, it means the bible is not to be trusted.
How many times have I posted this?
Do you not understand the English language?
No, really?

How do you RECONCILE TWO OPPOSING VERSES?

They're OPPOSING due to your calvinist beliefs.
In my belief system there is NO CONFLICT.

This would worry me.
It would worry me that so many of my verses CONFLICT with so many others.
As yours do.

1 Chron 22:19 says nothing about man by nature can or does seek God. Now if anyone does Seek out God it's evidence that God has first sought them and gave them a new spiritual heart and life and causes it.
The above is nonsense BF.

1 Chron 22:19 states that we are to seek the Lord.

Why would God tell anyone to SEEK HIM, if it's HE Himself that destinates man?

And if man is UNABLE to seek God, why would God tell man to seek Him??

It would be like telling a one year old baby to climb the stairs and then be mad at him when he can't.

Again, Calvinism makes no sense at all.

What's to reconcile?

How about those many verses I gave you that state that man IS ABLE TO SEEK GOD....
And I have plenty more if you need them.

However, ONE VERSE would be sufficient to cause a conflict within scripture.
And in scripture there can be NO CONFLICT, or something is wrong.

After all, it's the ONE AND THE SAME GOD that inspired ALL of the bible,
so all of the bible has to be in agreement with itself.

IF IT IS NOT, it means the bible is not to be trusted.
How many times have I posted this?
Do you not understand the English language?
No, really?

How do you RECONCILE TWO OPPOSING VERSES?

They're OPPOSING due to your calvinist beliefs.
In my belief system there is NO CONFLICT.

This would worry me.
It would worry me that so many of my verses CONFLICT with so many others.
As yours do.
I already discussed verses that speak about men seeking God. However men by nature dont seek after God Rom 3:11

I already discussed verses that speak about men seeking God. However men by nature dont seek after God Rom 3:11
But God said He LOVES a person that seeks Him.

You can't base doctrine on only one verse...
Romans 3:11

Will go over it tomorrow.
I'm on a phone now.

The above is nonsense BF.

1 Chron 22:19 states that we are to seek the Lord.

Why would God tell anyone to SEEK HIM, if it's HE Himself that destinates man?

And if man is UNABLE to seek God, why would God tell man to seek Him??

It would be like telling a one year old baby to climb the stairs and then be mad at him when he can't.

Again man by nature doesnt seek after God Rom 3:11

Now if men do seek after the True God, its because God chose them and caused them to approach unto Him Ps 65:4

4 Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

But God said He LOVES a person that seeks Him.

You can't base doctrine on only one verse...
Romans 3:11

Will go over it tomorrow.
I'm on a phone now.
Man by nature doesnt seek after God or understands God Rom 3:11

Where does giving man a new heart to change his will fall in that spectrum of good to evil?
When an individual understands the law condemns him and no one else,

I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; Heb.10:16

The greatest example of how men broke Gods' law, is when they condemned him to a cross.
And since he held back a law that would have slain his enemies, he spoke of his mercy,

this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. Mt.26:28

Of course, apology for having sinned against him is expected,

repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations Lk.24:47

You add to the scripture changing it to suit your thinking. That is what I say. Either scripture changes your thinking to match scripture or you change scripture to match your thinking. This is an example of the latter.

This is very true. I’ve noticed the fruit of embracing what you’ve accurately described as intellectually unsound. One of two outcomes develops. Either the Calvinist, when faced with the absurdity of the theology, jettisons all reasoning rendering himself brain dead when it comes to reason and matters of God (blind faith) or he embraces the cruelty of the theology and with time becomes what he readily believes what God is. This is how Calvin himself could burn opponents at the stake and feel fine with the arrangement.

Back