Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Does the Holy Spirit move after Acts?

Hi Ezra,

As I explained through scripture there is nothing in the bible that gives us the power to heal. We have doctors that God can work through but we do not have the power to lay hands on and heal anybody.... Our minds can work miracles.

I try to take some of you serious in your faith and understanding of scripture. I try to see the point in those who have showed themselves honest in their desire to understand scriptures. I will not waste my time to post the scriptures that support healing. I will just say, Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today, and forever! If you dont think its His desire to heal "His people" I doubt you have ever really known Him.

2nd Timothy 3:1-9 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, 4treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. 6For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, 7always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth. 8Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men corrupted in mind and disqualified regarding the faith. 9But they will not get very far, for their folly will be plain to all, as was that of those two men.

This passage talks as if the miracles will never stop, but says in the last times that His people would actually deny its power. Am I missing something here? What about all these claims of missionaries in South America and Africa raising the dead up? How about the evangelists who pray over the sick and they get healed? Are they evil or just obeying the Word of God?

I guess the dead are pretty good at playing mind tricks too. Oh and limbs growing back is a cool mind trick too. :) Who can forget about the mind trick to cure cancer. I'm a little shocked actually about this whole thing. The Bible is covered with miracles and God uses His people. I'm really seeing the verse of 2nd Tim 3:5 come to life here. The moment I got saved I witnessed many miracles. Thank God they have never stopped! I've witnessed hundreds of people healed, and all sorts of radical miracles having to do with finances, healing, perfect timing. None of which can be marked off as a mind trick.

I feel so sad for you, you say the Holy Spirit lives inside of you "born again" born of both water and spirit, but deny even listening to Him. The Spirit has been trying to tell you, that what I say is true. I'm grieved as well as His Spirit. How can you read the Bible and say God doesn't do anything anymore? Is He not the same yesterday, today and forever? You have one verse with a half twist in its meaning. If only you had more, then I could understand.

You stared a thread and I gave scripture...prove to me instead of having pity on me where you can lay hands on and heal.

Have you healed anybody? If you can then I know of a few people who can use your "powers."

Thanks for responding :) Yes, I obey this now that my eyes have been opened. I'm trying to do the same out of love, but I'm afraid it might be offending people (hope in a good way to seek the Truth). We fight a spiritual battle on our knees and are required to have faith.

I proudly humble myself, (joke!). In reality, I teach many people how to walk in these gifts. It's easier than it sounds brother. Faith is all that is required, not righteousness because it's not by our righteousness, but we are clothed in Jesus' righteousness. Everyone in my core group now has the gift of healing and also are very discerning when God speaks. Being able to see directly into the hearts of man as they witness to people. It's very powerful when you desire to hear His voice more than all the others, as that's when you hear Him.

Glad you abound in the "gifts" I might glory also if I thought it was needed? I have found the best way to move folks into the "gifts" of God, is by building faith in Gods Word. If they believe the "word" God will deliver the "gift"! But for myself I hope to present the gifts of God as a positive whole, apart from the pride that comes sometimes when we are used of God, For HIS GLORY! right? God Bless -Mitspa:thumbsup

Originally Posted by BornAgain
Hi Ezra,

As I explained through scripture there is nothing in the bible that gives us the power to heal. We have doctors that God can work through but we do not have the power to lay hands on and heal anybody.... Our minds can work miracles.
if you say.. in all honesty i say this i suggest you read your Bible

1 Timothy 4:14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

James Chapter 5 3 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

14 Is any( sick )among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

i have seen it many times yes GOD works through Doctors. but i know cancer patients given the death sentence ..months to live 5 years later still alive. my Bible says Ephesians 3:20-21
New King James Version (NKJV)
20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. let me say when we lay hands on someone it is not our power. but GOD working through the laying on of hands. not every miracle of healing takes place through laying on of hands. sometimes just praying for some one . God brings the healing.

i have seen it:thumbsup:readbible:amen:)

Have you healed anybody? If you can then I know of a few people who can use your "powers."

As a grown man I want to cry with how you word things :sad I have NOT healed anybody! Only God has healed them! Heaven forbid if I ever take any glory from Him. Lord I'm sorry for what is going on here, I just want your people to walk in this anointing as well!

It actually doesn't even require laying of hands. Sometimes God just wants "us" to speak a word of faith and believe before we "see" evidence. That is faith!

"we fix our eyes on not what is seen but what is unseen, for what is seen is temporary but what is unseen is eternal" 2nd cor 4:18

All I'm trying to say is that this "power" of the Holy Spirit is for everyone. We are suppose to desire these gifts, not ignore them. You believe satan and his people have powers, why not God's people :sad I'm so hurt to read this. How I wish there were more people who would trust God's every word and TEACH others to do the same. God help us all as there are people who can come to know God but we are ignoring His voice. Forgive us Lord, speak to them and convict them with Your Spirit Father!

hold up that is a question from the flesh ..we do not heal any body. this is getting a bit carnal. healing happens every day my MOM was healed of Cancer about half way through her chemo. yes there was prayers in fact she even had a prayer cloth. there are things we dont understand our ways are not his ways .

Glad you abound in the "gifts" I might glory also if I thought it was needed? I have found the best way to move folks into the "gifts" of God, is by building faith in Gods Word. If they believe the "word" God will deliver the "gift"! But for myself I hope to present the gifts of God as a positive whole, apart from the pride that comes sometimes when we are used of God, For HIS GLORY! right? God Bless -Mitspa:thumbsup

I really hope your not seeing me as trying to be prideful, but instead display the glory of God BECAUSE He's done these amazing things. If I smother the light of which I've seen, wouldn't that make it worse for me? If I kept it all a secret as if it's only mine to know?

Most people can't be taught to walk in faith but instead catch it. As it is with those around me, they see God's character and trust Him when they pray. They see miracles weekly so it's not impossible for God to do. Many of our forefathers stopped teaching the next generation, that is why we are all in ignorance now. Even many of the prophets didn't teach or disciple anybody. It's really a shame whats become. I pray you can see my real intentions.

Mark 16:15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.â€

Are we suppose to heal the sick + cast out demons? What are your thoughts on this verse? I know there are many supporting verses, so this could be a doctrine to preach,cast out demons, speak in new tongues, and heal the sick?

You re-nigged on your OP.

Show me 1 scripture that supports YOUR belief that you can heal....1 scripture.

Show me 1 scripture that supports YOUR belief that you can heal....1 scripture.

Just read the quote below.

if you say.. in all honesty i say this i suggest you read your Bible

1 Timothy 4:14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

James Chapter 5 3 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

14 Is any( sick )among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

i have seen it many times yes GOD works through Doctors. but i know cancer patients given the death sentence ..months to live 5 years later still alive. my Bible says Ephesians 3:20-21
New King James Version (NKJV)
20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. let me say when we lay hands on someone it is not our power. but GOD working through the laying on of hands. not every miracle of healing takes place through laying on of hands. sometimes just praying for some one . God brings the healing.

i have seen it:thumbsup:readbible:amen:)

I try to take some of you serious in your faith and understanding of scripture. I try to see the point in those who have showed themselves honest in their desire to understand scriptures. I will not waste my time to post the scriptures that support healing. I will just say, Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today, and forever! If you dont think its His desire to heal "His people" I doubt you have ever really known Him.

BornAgain, I really feel this way now too. Maybe I'm now wasting my breath trying to teach you how to heal the sick and cast out demons. You obviously don't believe my word. Shall I give you a video of me laying hands so you can watch God heal them?

BornAgain, I really feel this way now too. Maybe I'm now wasting my breath trying to teach you how to heal the sick and cast out demons. You obviously don't believe my word. Shall I give you a video of me laying hands so you can watch God heal them?
Sure. Let me see how you can heal the sick and the lame...

You can post it here so we can all see..

Justin, I know, you know, God declares it in His Word. And He has done it.
you will figure out that there are many denoms on this forum. Most dont believe that JESUS is still the same healer that He has always been. Dont let none take your peace nor let them run you off. God has called you here for a reason, so rejoice!
God will open some eyes and hearts, and some would rather die than admit the truth.

Justin, I know, you know, God declares it in His Word. And He has done it.
you will figure out that there are many denoms on this forum. Most dont believe that JESUS is still the same healer that He has always been. Dont let none take your peace nor let them run you off. God has called you here for a reason, so rejoice!
God will open some eyes and hearts, and some would rather die than admit the truth.

Mitspa,

Do you truly believe a man can lay his hands on another and heal them?

Why is your heart filled with anger? Ezra and I have already stated I can not heal them, only God can. This gift is given to all, ask and you shall receive the Holy Spirit, which all gifts come from. I'm not trying to make people jealous, but nearly open your eyes to what 2nd Tim 3 says. Stop denying His power. That would make for a good theology topic? Maybe an important one too considering we are in warfare? What good is a man with a sword but no shield, when God clearly states the shield is the most important?

Heres your video, http://justingilpin.com/prayer-for-healing I made it for partly for my sponsors so they can see what God has been doing in His ministry, not mine.

flesh reply..... there has been testimonies given to seeing the Holy Spirit work. he gave us power

John 1:11-13
King James Version (KJV)
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Acts 1:8
King James Version (KJV)
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 6:8
King James Version (KJV)
8 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.

1 Corinthians 2:3-5
King James Version (KJV)
3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Why is your heart filled with anger? Ezra and I have already stated I can not heal them, only God can. This gift is given to all, ask and you shall receive the Holy Spirit, which all gifts come from. I'm not trying to make people jealous, but nearly open your eyes to what 2nd Tim 3 says. Stop denying His power. That would make for a good theology topic? Maybe an important one too considering we are in warfare? What good is a man with a sword but no shield, when God clearly states the shield is the most important?

Heres your video, http://justingilpin.com/prayer-for-healing I made it for partly for my sponsors so they can see what God has been doing in His ministry, not mine.

Show me scripture that you can heal the sick...not a phoney video.

Back