Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Eternal Security of the Believer !

:fightLook you two knock off the personal attacks .... do you want me to follow you around and edit your posts?:rollingpin
now be nice...:kissing

Common Reba, didn't you see all our smiley faces :)

eb

I know, I explained that !

You said "Now what this means is they are being kept through faith, meaning the Power of God is the reason why they are being kept through Faith, meaning the Faith depends upon the Power of God, and not the Power of God dependent on faith ! The Power of God is the active cause of the means of being kept through faith."

How does this change that one must conditionally have faith to be kept by the power of God? God does not determine who will or will not have faith.

eb

You said "Now what this means is they are being kept through faith, meaning
the Power of God is the reason why they are being kept through Faith, meaning
the Faith depends upon the Power of God

Thats right and I proved it with scripture, I cannot make you believe the proof !

How does this change that one must conditionally have faith to be kept by the
power of God?

Thats what you have stated, you have no scripture that states that ! Show us the scripture that states that one must conditionally have faith to be kept by the power of God !

God does not determine who will or will not have faith.

Please provide us the scripture that states " God does not determine who will or will not have Faith " Or should I take your word for it ?

eb

Thats right and I proved it with scripture, I cannot make you believe the proof !

Thats what you have stated, you have no scripture that states that ! Show us the scripture that states that one must conditionally have faith to be kept by the power of God !

The verse says "kept by the power of God through faith"

The verse does not say "kept by the power of God unconditionally" or "kept by the power of God without faith".

savedbygrace57 said:
Please provide us the scripture that states " God does not determine who will or will not have Faith " Or should I take your word for it ?

There is no verse that says God does determine who will or will not have faith. Such an idea makes God culpable for the lost and goes against His nature.

Acts 16 the jailer was commanded to believe. No sense to command the jailer to believe if that were beyond his control. The command implies that the jailer had the ablity and responsbility to believe.

bass

I know what it says, I just explained it, read my previous posts !

You requested "Show us the scripture that states that one must conditionally have faith to be kept by the power of God !"

1 pet 1:5 "Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."

Does this verse say kept by the power of God THROUGH FAITH or kept by the power of God WITHOUT FAITH?

The verse shows man must have faith to be kept by the power of God.

bass

The verse shows man must have faith to be kept by the power of God.

Yes, that Faith / Hope came from being begotten again unto it by the Resurrection of Christ from the Dead, which I already explained or indicated 1 Pet 1:3-5

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

That lively hope is also Faith ! So it comes from New Birth, the Power of God and is kept by the same Power of God !

I made this point in post 284 already where I quoted the whole passage of 1 Pet 1:3-5

Also I made the points in posts 1 and 2 of this thread. So all I am foing is repeating myself for you, why dont you read the thread to see whats been stated ?

In the bible, the requirement for salvation is clearly stated over and over...take John 3:16 for example. We have no problem telling others what it takes to be saved, because as I said it is crystal clear throughout the pages of scripture.

Being a simple man...I have a simple question:

At what point scripturally do we as Christians out sin God's ability to forgive?

Seems to me that having purchased us at such a terrific and profound price (1 Cor 6:19-20, 1 Cor 7:22-24)...putting on flesh, suffering the indignity and shame of the cross...taking our sin upon Himself...The Holy Spirit living within us...

Why isn't there a line drawn that says: Pass this point and you're done.

Hmmm...I submit for consideration that when we responded to Christ's call, when we placed our faith and trust in Him, when we were born again...that we surrendered our "free will" and became bondservants of Christ and the only way to let us go is to "sell" us back into Satan's clutches...

I can't see Him doing that.

mc

In the bible, the requirement for salvation is clearly stated over and over...take John 3:16 for example.

Thats false, Jn 3:16 states nothing about an requirement for salvation. What does it say is a requirement ?

bass

Yes, that Faith / Hope came from being begotten again unto it by the Resurrection of Christ from the Dead, which I already explained or indicated 1 Pet 1:3-5

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

That lively hope is also Faith ! So it comes from New Birth, the Power of God and is kept by the same Power of God !

I made this point in post 284 already where I quoted the whole passage of 1 Pet 1:3-5

Also I made the points in posts 1 and 2 of this thread. So all I am foing is repeating myself for you, why dont you read the thread to see whats been stated ?

---You put being begotten ahead of having faith which 1 Pet 1:3-5 among many more verses do not.

---You have not explained away that 1 Pet 1:5 says kept by the power of God through faith. No one is kept by the power of God without faith which makes having faith a condition to be kept by God.

In Jn 3:16 "believeth" is the requirement for not perishing (being saved) just as having faith is a requirement to being kept by the power of God.

I have done a thread or post on Jn 3:16, however nothing in it will refute or contradict the Teaching of 1 Pet 1:3-5

Where we find out that Faith/Hope is begotten out of the New Birth and that its kept by the Power of God !

Last edited by a moderator:
bass

You put being begotten ahead of having faith which 1 Pet
1:3-5

Faith is a result of being begotten of God ! Can't you read ? Peter says we have been begotten again unto a Lively Hope, which is Faith !

bass

Faith is a result of being begotten of God ! Can't you read ? Peter says we have been begotten again unto a Lively Hope, which is Faith !

SBG, you still do not understand 1 Pet 1:3-5, note where I quoted you (emphasis mine), note he said "again", they first believed Christ the messiah and through their faith they were "begotten", when Christ died, they lost all hope in the messiah, but after the resurrection their faith was rekindled, and through this rekindled faith, they were "begotten again".

I have done a thread or post on Jn 3:16, however nothing in it will refute or contradict the Teaching of 1 Pet 1:3-5

Where we find out that Faith/Hope is begotten out of the New Birth and that its kept by the Power of God !

But Jn 3:16 still makes belief a condition to not perishing.

Where is the verse that says "kept by the power of God without faith"?

Back