Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Eternal Security of the Believer !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Enough with attacking other members. Those who disregard this warning will receive infractions.

5 - Respect each others' opinions. Address issues, not persons or personalities.

6 - No Bashing of other members. Give other members the respect you would want them to give yourself.

7 - Any personal problems with another member, then deal with it through private messages.

I don't mean to do that, but my point is that the teaching is against what God teaches in the scripture, in my opinion. So that is what I mean by anti God or anti Christ, against their Truth.

1. Do you have perfect interpretation and perfect understanding of entire Scripture?

If yes, do you really claim to be perfectly infallible?

If no, then tell me..what part of Scripture have you misinterpreted and misunderstood?

If you don't know, then do you agree and admit you could be teaching an erroneous doctrine and not know it?

2. If someone doesn't have perfect interpretation and perfect understanding of entire Scripture and is a sincere born again Christian yet teaching an error unknowingly, does that mean they are an anti-christ or anti-God?

3. Now regarding topic, can someone be sanctified BEFORE they come to Christ by faith? Yes or No?:chin

The Eternal Security of God's Elect !

One of the most blessed Truths in all of scripture regarding Christ and those He died for, that of their Everlasting Security, they are the ones whose names were written in the book of life from everlasting, and they never can Perish. Christ death for them is quite effectual, by which He obtained their Eternal Redemption Heb 9:12

12Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

They are Chosen sinners for whom He was slain, and they shall never perish Jn 10:27-30

27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30I and my Father are one.

For the purpose of God cannot be thwarted Rom 8:28-30; 2 Tim 1:9, also the Blood of Christ cannot loose its efficacy, nor be shed in vain; The Spirit's Seal cannot be broken Eph 1:13-14;4:30; The Grace of God cannot be defeated or out done by sin and death Rom 5:21. The Gifts of God cannot be taken back Rom 11:29, and God's promise cannot fail Titus 1:2.

Stop running from my question and stop sidestepping savedbygrace57

Can someone be sanctified BEFORE they come to Christ by faith?

Yes or No?

Stop running from my question and stop sidestepping savedbygrace57

Can someone be sanctified BEFORE they come to Christ by faith?

Yes or No?

I have answered that question already, no need of repreating myself, this is my last time addressing that issue with you and any other issue if this persists. Now read this thread and you will have your answer in detail !

http://www.christianforums.net/f17/e...ication-37147/

I have answered that question already, no need of repreating myself, this is my last time addressing that issue with you and any other issue if this persists. Now read this thread and you will have your answer in detail !

[URL="http://www.christianforums.net/f17/e...ication-37147/"]http://www.christianforums.net/f17/e...ication-37147/[/URL]

Hi, I went there, but still do not find a yes or NO answered!;)
A post was left by me, but again, what was the answer??? OSAS? And if so, are you saying that you know your end fate other than by faith only?

--Elijah

Eternal Security is a false doctrine.

John 6:70 Jesus answered them, "Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?"

Its God's will for you to believe that, even in light of all the scripture testimony I have witnessed to in this Thread.. I cannot help you..

Those who reject the biblical teaching of Eternal Security for the Believer, they do not believe Pauls words to some believers 2 Thess 3:3

3But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

Now its evil for one to depart from the Lord Heb 3:12

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

So if one who truly believes can depart from God as desribed here, then Paul lied in 2 Thess 3:3, even moreso, God the Holy Spirit lied since He inspired Paul on what to write !

Those who reject the biblical teaching of Eternal Security for the Believer, they do not believe Pauls words to some believers 2 Thess 3:3

3But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

Now its evil for one to depart from the Lord Heb 3:12

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

So if one who truly believes can depart from God as desribed here, then Paul lied in 2 Thess 3:3, even moreso, God the Holy Spirit lied since He inspired Paul on what to write !

2 Thess 3:3 does not say about God guarding His people from their own will to depart from the Lord.

John 6:70 Jesus answered them, "Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?"

Let me get this straight. Are you saying that it's impossible for a Christian to be saved and to remain saved forever? Yes or No?

Are you saying that if I sincerely come to Christ by faith and continue to have faith and trust in Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, that's it's impossible and a false doctrine for me to have eternal security and salvation in Christ? Yes or No?

Let me get this straight. Are you saying that it's impossible for a Christian to be saved and to remain saved forever? Yes or No?

Are you saying that if I sincerely come to Christ by faith and continue to have faith and trust in Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, that's it's impossible and a false doctrine for me to have eternal security and salvation in Christ? Yes or No?

(Heb 6:4-8) For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put [Him] to an open shame. For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; but if it bears thorns and briars, [it is] rejected and near to being cursed, whose end [is] to be burned.

i dont believe in eternal security either but i can see the arguments for it i do realise that in christianity this position is in the minority. i dont think salvation is so easy to loose.

i'm sure if we really looked at this we cant say well we we die we best have repented for all our sins when we take our last breath. its grace we are never going to be that perfect and sinless.

God knows the rebellious heart and will tell the difference between an honest imperfect faithful believer versus a rebellious stubborn one.

It says God will keep them from evil !

Please don't read scriptures out of context.

(2Thess 3:1-3) Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may run [swiftly] and be glorified, just as [it is] with you, and that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men; for not all have faith. But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard [you] from the evil one.

So, the Lord will establish and guard from who? 'unreasonable and wicked men'.

If God is guarding you from 'evil' in your heart, then you don't have free will.

i dont believe in eternal security either..

So let me understand you correctly!

Are you saying that it's IMPOSSIBLE for a Christian who has faith in Jesus to be saved and have eternal security?

Please don't read scriptures out of context.

(2Thess 3:1-3) Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may run [swiftly] and be glorified, just as [it is] with you, and that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men; for not all have faith. But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard [you] from the evil one.

So, the Lord will establish and guard from who? 'unreasonable and wicked men'.

If God is guarding you from 'evil' in your heart, then you don't have free will.

And what about you Felix? Are you saying that it's IMPOSSIBLE for a Christian who has faith in Jesus to be saved and have eternal security? Yes or No?

Some people tell me it's impossible for a Christian and follower of Christ to be saved today and always saved, in other words, ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED!

But they contradict Jesus and Scripture and are deceivers because the truth is that if you sincerely love Jesus and trust in Jesus, you can have ETERNAL LIFE NOW and be forever saved, 1 John 5:12-13, and NOBODY can snatch you out of Jesus' hands, John 10:28.

Critics of the "once saved, always saved" and "eternal security" doctrine claim that it gives Christians a license to sin. They presume that those who believe in eternal security intend to accept salvation, and then continue to willingly sin and not care and cherish sinning. But this is inaccurate, because anyone who has been truly saved is a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17), has the conviction of the Holy Spirit (John 14:26; 1 Thessalonians 4:8), and now wants to live for Christ.

Someone who continues to willingly and blatantly live in sin and doesn't care about it, has not truly accepted Christ (1 John 2:19; 1 John 3:6; James 1:26).

A person who willingly, sincerely, genuinely, humbly, repents of sin and turns towards the cross, trusting Christ as their Savior, will be saved (Acts 16:31; John 6:37; John 14:6). That salvation is once and for all, eternal, and secure. Those who truly trust in Christ and continue to trust in Christ are saved once, and saved always.

SO BE AWARE OFF AND BE CAREFUL OF FALSE TEACHERS WHO TRY TO TELL YOU THAT YOU CANNOT HAVE ETERNAL SECURITY IN CHRIST JESUS!!! THEY ARE FALSE TEACHERS OF THE "BEWITCHING" FALSE GOSPEL PAUL EXPOSED IN GALATIANS 3.

"You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?" - Galatians 3:1-3

These false teachers clearly state you cannot be once saved always saved, so that must mean they teach that once we are saved, we MUST BE LOST AGAIN, because after all, they say once saved always saved is a lie, but it's them who are telling lies and teaching false doctrines.

If we could lose our salvation, then Jesus was nothing more than a liar and deceiver and conman when He said:

John 10:28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

NOTICE carefully, Jesus says 3 important things in that verse:

1. The saved are given ETERNAL LIFE, not temporary life!

2. The saved shall NEVER perish!

3. NOBODY can snatch the saved out of Jesus' hands.

People who claim that "once saved always saved" and "eternal security" is a lie and people who claim that a sincerely born again saved Christian can lose their salvation, can perish, and can lose their eternal life, is calling Jesus a LIAR, CONMAN AND DECEIVER and for that, these FALSE TEACHERS will be thrown into the lake of fire!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back