Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

EV or ICE

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I think people will still be able to drive a 68 corvette. They might have to make a part or the gas to drive it

Cars need a steady supply of parts as they age. the industry is always changing to what is knew they have to. There's not many factories making old parts
People collect cars.you can find any part for the fox body ,the square body .jeeps military type.to include dash parts ,seats and body panels and every minor accessory .all aftermarket to oem specs.that excludes many due the sheer hobby costs .but it's not impossible.i know a coworker who has three fox bodies and restored one fully and another will be .

All stick with a 302.

Complete EV will be a phase. I can see engines like the x engine or omega 1 being combined with EV, a hybrid. the technology is getting cheaper. batteries transmission etc.

When I was in my teens I liked the sound of a twin 4 barrel carb 455 big block buick, now it really doesn't bother me what I drive to point A to point B. The cost is important of coarse. EV are just now starting to come down. In 5 years 16k.
Without subsided?

Given the cost of cars I find that optimistic.

People collect cars.you can find any part for the fox body ,the square body .jeeps military type.to include dash parts ,seats and body panels and every minor accessory .all aftermarket to oem specs.that excludes many due the sheer hobby costs .but it's not impossible.i know a coworker who has three fox bodies and restored one fully and another will be .

All stick with a 302.
Yea that's a good point, it doesn't matter if the original manufacturer is still making parts. Other people start companies to support aftermarket parts. I think just because companies don't make gas cars doesn't mean the parts for them won't be aftermarketed. Gas isn't going away for a long time, actually I think it will be cheaper with more EV's on the road. People will still be putting around in a jeep in a 100 years.

BeyondET my point then is if you only have the 25% of potential EV buyers you're going to lose sales. GM themselves have to continue to invest in ICE tech in order to be able to produce EVs as EVs are not in great demand.

BeyondET my point then is if you only have the 25% of potential EV buyers you're going to lose sales. GM themselves have to continue to invest in ICE tech in order to be able to produce EVs as EVs are not in great demand.
GM is phasing out petroleum in 12 years not saying the internal combustion won't survive I think it will just with cleaner combustions admissions.

I don't see a issue with changing what creates the propulsion.

GM is phasing out petroleum in 12 years not saying the internal combustion won't survive I think it will just with cleaner combustions admissions.

I don't see a issue with changing what creates the propulsion.
Gish and they don't have Toyota or Japanese only cars.

Imagine buying jap cars in America to jap specs.

Sorry your greases bushing can't be fixed why silicone isn't a good lubricant .electric motors that are used in wells and pumps use grease to operate .

Brass can't handle that .

As I said gm will have to fall as others might shift to Toyota .

And Russia and china have the largest reserves for those evs.

That will drive up prices .even in 12 years will these two quasi enemies be so willing to sell that to us without a favor our souls?

Back