Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Faith without works........is Faith.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
These facts will be resisted until THE END of the devil's time, and will be resisted "in the church(s)" because this working is a present day fact in all of them. The works of Satan were addressed to all 7 of the churches of Revelation. It is unlikely "they heard" either.
What does it matter if believers know this or not? What does it mean to know one of satan's minions lives inside of you and is the sin that you perform?

I'm still seeing zero value in your doctrine, except to excuse responsibility for sin and destroy growth in righteousness. I see your doctrine as yet another Protestant 'Faith without works is......okay' doctrine--the grace of God that appeared to teach us to say 'no' to ungodliness (Titus 2:11-12 NASB) actually being a note of excuse written on our hearts by our Father for doing nothing with the knowledge of Christ we have received.

What does it matter if believers know this or not?

It's not and never has been a subject that is just about believers. Believers are caught in the deception of the tempter when they try to destroy one another on the basis of freewill or works.

This is what happened the instant we believed in Jesus Christ, to be our Savior, and this can not be changed or altered by freewill or works:

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Now, examine your message by comparison. You'll find they are NOT the same as what Jesus said. Not even close.

Can a believer succumb to the deception of the DEVIL, post salvation? Assuredly. Happens all the time, exactly via this path:

1 Timothy 3:6
Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

This is what the "accuser of the brethren" does.

Now, what did Jesus say again?

"shall not come into condemnation"

The "terms and conditions" are fully met IN HIM BY HIM for us. Hath everlasting life and is passed unto life are DONE DEALS, and are so by Christ, and not of ourselves, in or out at a moments notice.

Ephesians 2:
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Does it matter to me if some want to play the devil's condemnation game, which I consider to be demonic? No. I think such believers will be saved regardless of their boasting and their pride which is used to deny being saved by grace through faith. So I am not even addressing believers, but the adversary, to arouse and taunt same. Nothing personal.

This is what happened the instant we believed in Jesus Christ, to be our Savior, and this can not be changed or altered by freewill or works:

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Right. It can only be altered by the absence of the faith that secured it in the first place.

"26 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES. 28 Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? " (Hebrews 10:26-29 NASB)

The absence of that faith then being seen in what it does not do right.

Right. It can only be altered by the absence of the faith that secured it in the first place.

"26 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES. 28 Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? " (Hebrews 10:26-29 NASB)

The absence of that faith then being seen in what it does not do right.

I fully expect the adversary to be consumed.

WHERE is the adversary, the tempter, other than within a mouthpiece that says they have no sin, thereby LYING?

1 John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin
, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Where is the adversary, the tempter, other than within a hypocrite?

Job 36:13
But the hypocrites in heart heap up wrath: they cry not when he bindeth them.

Matthew 23:13
But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

1 Timothy 4:2
Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Paul, by example, shows the WALK OF TRUTH:

1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

I can tell by the "works" that follow me whether I am saved by Grace through Faith.

Does that make sense?

It's kind of like this;

(Mat 25:14)Forthe kingdom of heaven isas a man travelling into a far country,whocalled his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
(Mat 25:15)And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
(Mat 25:16)Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and madethemother five talents.
(Mat 25:17)And likewise he thathad receivedtwo, he also gained other two.
(Mat 25:18)But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
(Mat 25:19)After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
(Mat 25:20)And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
(Mat 25:21)His lord said unto him, Well done,thougood and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
(Mat 25:22)He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
(Mat 25:23)His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
(Mat 25:24)Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
(Mat 25:25)And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo,therethou hastthat isthine.
(Mat 25:26)His lord answered and said unto him,Thouwicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
(Mat 25:27)Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, andthenat my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
(Mat 25:28)Take therefore the talent from him, and giveitunto him which hath ten talents.
(Mat 25:29)For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
(Mat 25:30)And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

So it is a personal question,

Do I hath? Or do I hath not? (hath lol)

Did I do something with what the Lord has Given me? Have I increased it while amongst the world?

Or did I just let that "save by grace through faith" talent get buried in the earth where no one could see it?

Quite the sobering question to my own self...

I fully expect the adversary to be consumed.

WHERE is the adversary, the tempter, other than within a mouthpiece that says they have no sin, thereby LYING?
So it's not okay to condemn others because of their sin, but it's okay to condemn a person for thinking they have no sin? I'm guessing knowing the truth that sin is in you and that's just a fact of life makes it okay to condemn just the people who think they are righteous?

So it's not okay to condemn others because of their sin, but it's okay to condemn a person for thinking they have no sin? I'm guessing knowing the truth that sin is in you and that's just a fact of life makes it okay to condemn other people who think they are righteous?

Haha I know exactly what you mean brother. I've been ripped limb from limb by certain "Christians"at times when I've posted scriptures like these;

(1Jn 3:9) Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

(Mat 7:18)A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neithercana corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

(Rom 6:2) God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

If I proclaimed myself to be a Christian, but my actions show forth sin, then I would be a liar. Yep. And that is how we can tell if someone else is a manifest Christian according to John;

(1Jn 3:10) In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

So yeah, let's put on the whole armor of God, and get in there and start battling for our lives! This isn't a sideline sport hehe

If I proclaimed myself to be a Christian, but my actions show forth sin, then I would be a liar. Yep. And that is how we can tell if someone else is a manifest Christian according to John;

Common claim, that sin is only sin on the outside. Jesus showed us that "evil" that defiles comes from "within."

Matt. 15:19-20 Mark 7:21-23
(1Jn 3:10) In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

So yeah, let's put on the whole armor of God, and get in there and start battling for our lives! This isn't a sideline sport hehe

Paul spoke honestly about himself, and his factual condition, here:

Romans 7:21
I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

Liars have a hard time fessing up to Paul's statement of fact, and in fact will DENY this to be the case "for themselves."

When we come before God, a "truthful" heart KNOWS that they are also bearing THIS:

Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Paul defined the sin that indwelt his own flesh as "NO LONGER I."

Let's look closely at WHAT PAUL DID:

Romans 7:
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

There is a position statement here in the statement of beliefs which has ENTIRE MERIT, exactly for the above reasons:

"We believe that all humanity is lost and born with a sinful nature, and can only be saved by a personal faith in the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, and not by any human merit or performance."

The indwelling sin and evil present within anyone is exactly LIKE PAUL's. Indwelling sin and evil present can be and do no other things, regardless of what transpires on the outside of the cup.

Common claim, that sin is only sin on the outside. Jesus showed us that "evil" that defiles comes from "within."

Matt. 15:19-20 Mark 7:21-23

Paul spoke honestly about himself, and his factual condition, here:

Romans 7:21
I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

Liars have a hard time fessing up to Paul's statement of fact, and in fact will DENY this to be the case "for themselves."

When we come before God, a "truthful" heart KNOWS that they are also bearing THIS:

Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Paul defined the sin that indwelt his own flesh as "NO LONGER I."

Let's look closely at WHAT PAUL DID:

Romans 7:
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

There is a position statement here in the statement of beliefs which has ENTIRE MERIT, exactly for the above reasons:

"We believe that all humanity is lost and born with a sinful nature, and can only be saved by a personal faith in the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, and not by any human merit or performance."

The indwelling sin and evil present within anyone is exactly LIKE PAUL's. Indwelling sin and evil present can be and do no other things, regardless of what transpires on the outside of the cup.

Let's look CLOSER at it...

Paul in Romans 7 was talking about the condition of a man under the Law of Moses.

That's why we must continue reading on to the end and right into the next chapter to recognize how we become delivered from the wretched state of that law. Watch...

(Rom 7:24) O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
(Rom 7:25) I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
(Rom 8:1)There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(Rom 8:2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
(Rom 8:3) For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
(Rom 8:4) That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(Rom 8:5) For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
(Rom 8:6) For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
(Rom 8:7) Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
(Rom 8:8) So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
(Rom 8:9) But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
(Rom 8:10) And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
(Rom 8:11) But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
(Rom 8:12) Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
(Rom 8:13) For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
(Rom 8:14) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
(Rom 8:15) For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

So if we are still fumbling around with the wretched state of sin, it's only because we are still a servant to it, like Paul was showing himself before being delivered from it. There it is :) Problem solved. Thank you Jesus!

(Oh and PS, you put words in my mouth when you replied to my post.
"Common claim, that sin is only sin on the outside."
It is bad form to accuse somebody of saying something that they didn't, then saying they are wrong because of it. That's a "common claim" of those who don't know what they are talking about. Please forgive me, but do not respond to my posts with that spirit I beg you. Thank you)

So if we are still fumbling around with the wretched state of sin, it's only because we are still a servant to it, like Paul was showing himself before being delivered from it. There it is :) Problem solved. Thank you Jesus!
Yes, it seems many Christians like to stop Paul's discourse in Romans 7 about 'not being able to do the good he wants to do' before he gets to the good news about Jesus who rescues us from that problem:

"He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit." (Romans 8:3-4 NASB)

Walking according to the Spirit is the answer to the problem that smaller has condemned all of us believers to. The Spirit is the answer to man's problem with sin. That's what the unmerited favor of God is all about--grace to be righteous, not grace to accept a fate of unrighteousness (and still somehow be saved despite it).

Yes, I'm saying that, because that's what the Bible says:

"sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth," (Hebrews 10:26 NASB)
(see http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G1596&t=KJV )

Your previous explanation of this verse was entirely unsatisfactory.

Let's get this straightened out. When I believed on Christ, it was because I saw a Love that forgave some of the most horrendous acts I have ever heard of, done to someone. I believed in free will at that time. Therefore, I came to Christ wanting to know why he forgave these men who crucified him. I found a man who forgave prostitutes and defended adulteresses, and viewed all acts of sin as symptoms of a disease rather than any free will act. He rebuked only those who hypocritically looked down upon others with prideful self righteousness. To believe that God is like this man, is what cleansed my evil conscience, since I before had thought that God hated all sinners.

Now both you and I are saying that these men who crucified Jesus, didn't do so of their own free wills, but were under powers of darkness. Hence now I turn the other cheek, I don't judge others, I forgive all sins against me, and I pray for my enemies in all sincerity, returning good for evil. For since I know the Truth of God I can now see the lies that prompt sin.

And a New Love has been set free in me through the Holy Spirit. I need not draw back, on account of some don't deserve Love, and only punishment is the due recourse to ensure good behavior. In fact, the greater the sinner, the more Love is needed for them. And that is my cross, and how I perceive God's Grace. But now you also say that God has made it, so that whosoever believes in Jesus, has been set free from any such excuses for their sin. Now in Christ, we are responsible for our sin, whereas not in Christ we were not. I came to Christ believing he would heal my infirmities, and cause me to walk in his ways, not set me up for a guilt trip and even greater reproach.

Therefore, I believe you err about this. I think this scripture is saying that anyone who actually wants to sin freely after knowing Christ, either doesn't care what the Truth is, or has forgotten that Truth, which first they had believed in. Hebrews 10:32. So I still believe men sin unwillingly even in Christ, since the flesh doesn't die overnight and we all do stumble. It is our only source of true humility. Titus 1:15.

Last edited:
Let's look CLOSER at it...

Paul in Romans 7 was talking about the condition of a man under the Law of Moses.

That's why we must continue reading on to the end and right into the next chapter to recognize how we become delivered from the wretched state of that law. Watch...

(Rom 7:24) O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
(Rom 7:25) I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
(Rom 8:1)There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(Rom 8:2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
(Rom 8:3) For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
(Rom 8:4) That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(Rom 8:5) For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
(Rom 8:6) For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
(Rom 8:7) Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
(Rom 8:8) So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
(Rom 8:9) But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
(Rom 8:10) And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
(Rom 8:11) But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
(Rom 8:12) Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
(Rom 8:13) For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
(Rom 8:14) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
(Rom 8:15) For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

(Oh and PS, you put words in my mouth when you replied to my post.
"Common claim, that sin is only sin on the outside."
It is bad form to accuse somebody of saying something that they didn't, then saying they are wrong because of it. That's a "common claim" of those who don't know what they are talking about. Please forgive me, but do not respond to my posts with that spirit I beg you. Thank you)
Respectfully, Paul wasn't talking about just the condition of man under the laws of Moses. Sin has been in mankind since Adam. Romans 5:12. When the law was given sin abounded. Romans 5:20.

So if we are still fumbling around with the wretched state of sin, it's only because we are still a servant to it,
So you don't need the Holy Spirit to convict you of sin anymore, or do you?

Your doctrine says believers are slaves to sin and there is nothing you can do about it. Accept it as a fact of life. Paul says otherwise:

"16 Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed, 18 and having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness." (Romans 6:16-18 NASB)

Your doctrine is the one that is ignoring the truth Paul is teaching. It discourages believers from growing in grace and becoming slaves to righteousness and instead accepting a slavery to unrighteousness.

By faith we believe that what Paul says is true that we are not slaves to sin, but slaves to righteousness, and in that determination of faith we walk in obedience and resist the power of sin within us. The result of which is holiness.

Paul: "(S)in shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace." Romans 6:14 NASB

smaller: Sin shall have mastery over you all the days of your life. Accept it. You're a liar if you don't believe this and accept it.
Hey I hate to interrupt your guys fun, but you guys are just arguing semantics back and forth anyway. So I would like to point this out in hopes of bringing the discussion back into clarity. The Holy Spirit convicts us of sin. That sin is there, and not by our own will. So smaller's right about that. Without the Holy Spirit's guidance who knows what we would do?
1 Corinthians 2:13.

Last edited:
It is not the absence of darkness that makes the Light happen. It is not the absence of sin that makes God exist. Truth does not usurp from lies. Lies do usurp from Truth.

There was a man who prayed for God to get rid of all evil that he saw. So God struck him with blindness. Matthew 18:9 9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee:

Last edited:
Respectfully, Paul wasn't talking about just the condition of man under the laws of Moses. Sin has been in mankind since Adam. Romans 5:12. When the law was given sin abounded. Romans 5:20.

So you don't need the Holy Spirit to convict you of sin anymore, or do you?

Respectfully, just believe the scriptures I posted. Did you even read them? Then you will know how to describe what Paul is talking about. (Edited, ToS 2.4 rude comment and unwelcome spiritual advice. Obadiah)

As far as your second paragraph, you appear to again assume I still sin as you do?

The first principals of salvation is being convicted of sin by the Holy Spirit. Comparatively, it's like what an infant learns in a crib to first stand up, then walk.
Those are First Principals. (Edited, ToS 2.4 rude comment and unwelcome spiritual advice. Obadiah)
Maturing in the Holy Spirit, brings us into repentance and being forgiven. Growth and Maturity in the Lord. The EMPOWERING of the Holy Spirit, KEEPS ME FROM SINNING NOW.
That is how it works.

If YOU haven't reached the point of Living Righteously in Christ, then YOU very well need the HS convicting you of sin. But what that ALSO says, is that YOU ARE STILL A SINNER! If that is the case, you need much help!

When you mature, the Holy Spirit lops the head right off the temptation as soon as it attempts to rear it's ugly head. To KEEP YOU FROM SINNING.

(Edited, ToS 2.4, insinuation to belittle or discredit. Obadiah)

If you are filled with the Holy Spirit of Christ, you are NOT SINNING. If you are STILL SINNING then you are "grieving the Holy Spirit of Christ"! In the meanwhile (Edited, ToS 2.4, insinuation to belittle or discredit. Obadiah)

(Edited, ToS 2.4, insinuation to belittle or discredit and unwanted spiritual advice. Obadiah)

(1Jn 3:8) He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
(1Jn 3:9) Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Last edited by a moderator:
Respectfully, just believe the scriptures I posted. Did you even read them? Then you will know how to describe what Paul is talking about. (Edited, ToS 2.4 rude comment and unwelcome spiritual advice. Obadiah)

As far as your second paragraph, you appear to again assume I still sin as you do?

The first principals of salvation is being convicted of sin by the Holy Spirit. Comparatively, it's like what an infant learns in a crib to first stand up, then walk.
Those are First Principals. (Edited, ToS 2.4 rude comment and unwelcome spiritual advice. Obadiah)
Maturing in the Holy Spirit, brings us into repentance and being forgiven. Growth and Maturity in the Lord. The EMPOWERING of the Holy Spirit, KEEPS ME FROM SINNING NOW.
That is how it works.

If YOU haven't reached the point of Living Righteously in Christ, then YOU very well need the HS convicting you of sin. But what that ALSO says, is that YOU ARE STILL A SINNER! If that is the case, you need much help!

When you mature, the Holy Spirit lops the head right off the temptation as soon as it attempts to rear it's ugly head. To KEEP YOU FROM SINNING.

(Edited, ToS 2.4, insinuation to belittle or discredit. Obadiah)

If you are filled with the Holy Spirit of Christ, you are NOT SINNING. If you are STILL SINNING then you are "grieving the Holy Spirit of Christ"! In the meanwhile (Edited, ToS 2.4, insinuation to belittle or discredit. Obadiah)

(Edited, ToS 2.4, insinuation to belittle or discredit and unwanted spiritual advice. Obadiah)

(1Jn 3:8) He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
I think you need a hug. I won't be living Romans 8 by not sinning. I will be living Romans 8 by walking in Love. I didn't intend to imply you do sin. I'm only asking if you are ever corrected by the Holy Spirit anymore concerning sin. You know, are you ever impatient, get cross with anyone or just think something, or say something wrong about someone that you thought was true, but wasn't?

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back