Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Female Officers in the Early Church

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yes, I could stay at home and purely focus on raising my children and doing housework etc…but god gave me a brain and quite an effective one at that, which I intend on using!

Are you saying that people that honor the principles of one man one woman for life and raising a family for the Glory of God by being home for the children are brainless?

As far as being "equals" that goes without being said, the woman is admonished to subject willfully because naturally they are equal, if they want to “do it God’s way”

Eph 5:22* Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Col 3:18* Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord

No where does the scripture teach the husband is to demand subjection, but it is taught hor him to long suffer the weakness of his wife as Christ long suffered the weakness of the church.

As far as being "equals" that goes without being said, the woman is admonished to subject willfully because naturally they are equal,

25* Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

My 9 adult children, their spouses and their 27 children love their grampa, but their grandma is the saint that made the family awesome.. Both of us so flawed as to be incredulous yet the grace of God reaches past our weakness, and flawed personalities and is guiding the building a family that is almost unbelievable only because we have surrendered, not to every word of God, but certainly on these ones that direct our paths on this.

One of the requirements of church leadership is “how is their family”

While this is almost universally a quiet subject, never taught in Christiandom, it was hammered by Paul’s teaching, he must be a married man.

1Ti 3:2* A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

Tit 1:6* If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.

4* One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

And he must be a father of children of faith and he must have children (more than one) old enough to have accepted the Lord by faith, and have done so,

Tit 1:6… having faithful children …

Last edited:
Are you saying that people that honor the principles of one man one woman for life and raising a family for the Glory of God by being home for the children are brainless?

As far as being "equals" that goes without being said, the woman is admonished to subject willfully because naturally they are equal, if they want to “do it God’s way”

Eph 5:22* Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Col 3:18* Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord

No where does the scripture teach the husband is to demand subjection, but it is taught hor him to long suffer the weakness of his wife as Christ long suffered the weakness of the church.

As far as being "equals" that goes without being said, the woman is admonished to subject willfully because naturally they are equal,

25* Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

My 9 adult children, their spouses and their 27 children love their grampa, but their grandma is the saint that made the family awesome.. Both of us so flawed as to be incredulous yet the grace of God reaches past our weakness, and flawed personalities and is guiding the building a family that is almost unbelievable only because we have surrendered, not to every word of God, but certainly on these ones that direct our paths on this.

One of the requirements of church leadership is “how is their family”

While this is almost universally a quiet subject, never taught in Christiandom, it was hammered by Paul’s teaching, he must be a married man.

1Ti 3:2* A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

Tit 1:6* If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.

4* One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

And he must be a father of children of faith and he must have children (more than one) old enough to have accepted the Lord by faith, and have done so,

Tit 1:6… having faithful children …
No, I’m not saying that at all but the bible does not explicitly say that women should stay at home 24/7, raise their children and do nothing else with their lives. There are women in the bible who had very important roles.

The scripture you’re throwing at me is all open to interpretation and does not really support what you’re claiming. I could do the same but I realise that a lot of scripture is open to interpretation.

Also, what makes you think that all men want their wives to stay at home 24/7 and purely focus on raising the children? What makes you think that this is Gods plan for all women? My husband supports me in all that I want to do. He encourages me to follow my dreams and achieve my goals and facilitates that.

We are a happy family and I feel confident, happy and assured that the path I am taking in life is what God has planned for me and my family.

No, I’m not saying that at all but the bible does not explicitly say that women should stay at home 24/7, raise their children and do nothing else with their lives. There are women in the bible who had very important roles.

The scripture you’re throwing at me is all open to interpretation and does not really support what you’re claiming. I could do the same but I realise that a lot of scripture is open to interpretation.

Also, what makes you think that all men want their wives to stay at home 24/7 and purely focus on raising the children? What makes you think that this is Gods plan for all women? My husband supports me in all that I want to do. He encourages me to follow my dreams and achieve my goals and facilitates that.

We are a happy family and I feel confident, happy and assured that the path I am taking in life is what God has planned for me and my family.
I agree that all scripture is open for the "priesthood" to interpret' and all christians are their own priest in the new testament
We have no need of an intermediary, neither am I attempting to dissuade you, I am sharing how the Spirit moves me to believe, and proclaiming it to be a glory to God to work that faith.

Welshlady the idea of being mother and a "chaste keeper of home" as to being some brain dead valueless exercise in a blind causeless obedience is somewhat insulting, also most husbands want their wives to work a job outside of the home, it makes their task of providing considerably more palatable. The scripture may well be for the good of man more than the instruction of the woman.

I think you have misinterpreted what I was trying to convey. My point was that women are not inferior to men when it comes to intelligence, therefore, I feel that if they have a certain skill or talent, they should embrace it. A woman’s life does not have to completely revolve around family and the home. I find it offensive for someone to suggest that this is the only role a woman should have in life and all she should aspire to be based on their own interpretation of scripture.

I work as a nurse, I am a student and I am a Mother and my kids are happy and well cared for and I keep a clean, tidy home. I know that the path I am taking is what God intends for me.

I think you have misinterpreted what I was trying to convey. My point was that women are not inferior to men when it comes to intelligence, therefore, I feel that if they have a certain skill or talent, they should embrace it. A woman’s life does not have to completely revolve around family and the home. I find it offensive for someone to suggest that this is the only role a woman should have in life and all she should aspire to be based on their own interpretation of scripture.

I work as a nurse, I am a student and I am a Mother and my kids are happy and well cared for and I keep a clean, tidy home. I know that the path I am taking is what God intends for me.
Welsh lady, you are the ruby in a basket of diamonds! I happen to like the way the scripture speaks to me about family order, I feel abundantly overcompensated for feeble attempts at following scripture in regards to family order, but many women work and are happy with their relation with the Lord. When Paul said "chaste keeper at home" he was not saying it legalistically or as a "you are sinning if you don't" You get to as I also get to figure it out, and God sorts out our motives on the last day! Have peace dear lady!

Most families in modern societies don’t have the option of the woman staying home anyway. I’ve seen a couple of families attempt it here and…

Doesn’t seem to work out because of social and economic pressures. On the more upper class end women get pressured back into their careers so they won’t lose too much earning power over the long term. Kind of ridiculous…

To see these 1 percenter double income couples with kids. They could be upper middle class maybe even well to do on one income but…?? Social pressures I guess?

Good for you Brother! It is counterculture now too, you said a mouthfull there!

We got two types of women on this planet. The Tomboy types and the Princess types

Princess types are high maintenence and usually can't even make a sandwich. Just make yourself a sandwich for dinner tonight dear, I broke a nail and have to go get it fixed...

Me: OMG what happened to you?!

Tomboy type, well the landscapers wanted too much to clear out all the poison ivy so I did it myself.

I once had a girl get angry at me for trying to compliment her by saying she's a Tomboy. I guess she didn't get it.

Some women have it, some women don't. The Princess type would argue and whine, oh I want a "Title" in my church. I don't really do a whole lot but I deserve that title.

Tomboy types are like a freight train and don't care about any stinking title! Get out of my way, things need done...and their off. These girls need not lobbying for recognition! They are good helpful women and on the spot, everyone already knows it and accepts them fine because they are real, and they are some serious helpmeet. And these girls can whip up the meanest sandwich you ever seen in your life. And honestly, they've prolly already thought about it and so it's already ready. Because that's how she is. She is no Princess (Woe is her!!!)and she laughs at the thought of the Princesses, lol.

So I think your whole point has been moot about girl deacons need differentiated in the church. Whch Princess type put you up to this? Lol. She played a joke on you brother. SO now she owes you a sandwich if she can manage.

(I feel so much compassion for the younger generations dating pool nowadays)

Yeah, that’s my wife for sure.

She says, I’m not a wallflower, I can do it just fine.

She’s a soldier and serves everyone.

JLB

The scriptures say Paul refers to Phoebe as “a minister of the congregation that is in Cenchreae.” So this raises the question as to the sense in which the term diakonos (minister) is here used. Some translators view the term in an official sense and so render it “deaconess." Goodspeed’s translation views the term in a general sense and translates it “helper.” However, Paul’s reference is evidently to something having to do with the spreading of the good news, the Christian ministry, and he was speaking of Phoebe as a female minister who was associated with the congregation in Cenchreae.(Acts 2:17, 18)

The Greek word diakonos is broad in meaning. When Paul called Phoebe “a minister of the congregation,” he apparently was making reference to the Christian ministry, the spreading of the good news. Preaching the good news is a responsibility of all Christian ministers. The related term diakoneo is also used of women who ministered, or served, to provide food and other assistance to Jesus and his followers. (Luke 8:3) Since diakonos is sometimes used in an official sense, referring to appointed “ministerial servants” in the Christian congregation (Philippians 1:1; 1Timothy 3:8, 12), some translators view the term in an official sense and so render it “deaconess." But the Scriptures make no provision for female ministerial servants. When the Bible mentions the qualifications for “ministerial servants,” it does not indicate that such appointed servants could be women. Rather, they are described as “husbands of one wife.” (1Timothy 3:8-13) Accordingly many translators understand the term as used here in a general sense and render it “servant” or “helper," because the basic meaning of the Greek word diakonia is “service” and the related verb is sometimes used in the Bible with regard to personal services, such as waiting on tables (Luke 4:39; 17:7; John 2:5). Here it refers to the Christian ministry.

Back