Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

For God SO LOVES the Entire Human Race...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
As to 'understand', if you mean do I speak or read Hebrew or Greek, no, I don't.

As to 'understand', if you mean do i resort to those who know Hebrew and Greek, and understand what they are saying, then yes i understand the Hebrew and Greek.

Quantrill

well, there is your problem!

So? My point was that Esau was never a child of God. Thus the verse you used in (1 John 2:9) didn't apply.

Quantrill

what can I say, you don't want to admit that your position is error, bacause your theology will be challenged. the facts are against you!

you need to read the Bible guided by the Holy Spirit, and not with your Calvinism!

Your advice is pretty generic and watery. Especially when you ignore the things I say and just give in general advice.

I agree with some things of Calvinsm. But not all.

I don't believe Calvinist's would call me a Calvinist.

Quantrill

Your advice is pretty generic and watery. Especially when you ignore the things I say and just give in general advice.

I agree with some things of Calvinsm. But not all.

I don't believe Calvinist's would call me a Calvinist.

Quantrill

your theology is not what the Bible teaches. It is plain from your responses

What problem? I don't see a problem. Explain

Quantrill

because in both Hebrew and Greek, when "hate" is contrasted with "love", as in a few passages in the OT and NT, it is very clear, that it means to "love less", and "love more". Which you find difficult to accept.

what can I say, you don't want to admit that your position is error, bacause your theology will be challenged. the facts are against you!

Your use of (1 John 2:9) was what was amiss. Thus there is no problem with God hating Esau. There is no problem with a believer hating Esau.

There is no problem with a believer hating what God hates.

Quantrill

Your use of (1 John 2:9) was what was amiss. Thus there is no problem with God hating Esau. There is no problem with a believer hating Esau.

There is no problem with a believer hating what God hates.

Quantrill

God SO LOVES the entire human race. Is this verse a lie?

because in both Hebrew and Greek, when "hate" is contrasted with "love", as in a few passages in the OT and NT, it is very clear, that it means to "love less", and "love more". Which you find difficult to accept.

No. Hate means hate. It doesn't mean to love less. How nauseating an effort that is.

See (Pro. 6:16-19) (Ps. 139:21-22)

Quantrill

for God to love the entire world, in the way that desires all of their salvation, and then provide only for the elect in the Death of Jesus Christ, is deception!

That is merely your view of the justice of God.

there is a vast difference between desiring something and achieving something.

As you know God does not lie, so your statement is false.

Neither does this passage, or any other verse in the entire Holy Bible, teach that humans are so corrupted and dead by the fall, that they are not capable to respond to the Gospel call. That all humans have a free will, is clear from passages like that in John chapter 5, which I have dealt with elsewhere, and Joshua 24:15, where people are exhorted to "choose" the Lord, over evil. This is the theme of the whole Bible. If this were not possible, then these passges are without any meaning. Sinners respond to the inward convicting by the Holy Spirit, as they were on the Day of Pentecost, where those who heard Peter, were "cut to the heart" (2:37); and asked what they needed to DO, so that they could be saved. Peter tells them to REPENT...for the forgiveness of their sins (verse 38).
At the time of Noah:
Jesus had not died for humanity. Repentance had not been preached fully ( especially not with believe in the one who comes after me).

Types and shadows (veiled hints) of coming relief from sin is all you see. The messiah will come.

Now
Repentance leaves a person with a great need. If we confess our sins the Gospel (what Jesus accomplished) is the solution for the sin realized in repentance. God is faithful and just to forgive and cleanse if we confess our sin.

In Noah’s day the effect of seeing the majority of mankind die had some effect on the 8 souls saved from the flood. Only one son was still in the grip of sin (looking at the nakedness of his father and laughing), but the other two sons covered the nakedness of their father Noah. Is this eternal life? No. But, it points (casts a shadow into the future of coming salvation).

With mankind not totally depraved (after the flood) human and animal life could continue. Did sin exist still? Yes. Was it total ? No. Did the rainbow of promise appear? Yes. Was the rainbow eternal life? No. Did the rainbow hint at stopping sin and destruction? Yes, but in a veiled (hidden) way.

So again:
Total depravity did exist. Does it occur in everyone today? No.

IMHO Jesus (in the grave of death) is the prone type of Noah’s ark. Jesus is our hope of escaping the grip of eternal death ( absence from God for eternity).

There is much more symbolism to be unraveled in the OT (if God wills). Sometimes the thunders interpretations are left sealed.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Oh well I messed up again? I suppose some sort of other supine position would describe Jesus in the tomb? Falling on our face before God is a position, but not the death position?

Any way the spine might symbolize the keel of the ark? All his bones out of joint might redefine the relationship of height to width? The spear wound would be on top. Looking up for redemption?

The physical seldom is the reality we are looking for. The reality is usually much more spiritual.

eddif

Ephesians 6:12 kjv
12. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

I suppose flesh and blood would have a name.

We tend toward fighting a person (me included at times), but the true battle is against that spiritual wickedness listed in the above verse.

Romans 1:18 kjv
18. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

And I wish I totally understood what I just quoted.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

There are many an inmate sitting in a prison cell where they will spend the rest of their natural life, yet who are still loved deeply by a parent who prays for them daily .
A parent who, at the same time also believes that their child is receiving the just punishment that their crime deserves.
The eternal parental love , and the belief in just punishment for crimes committed are not mutually exclusive at all .
It is no different with a Holy God .

Back