Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Free Will, Predeterminism and Predestination

What is really cool is that the Lord has always had an Eternal Plan.

Ephesians 3:10-11 NLT - "God's purpose in all this was to use the church to display his wisdom in its rich variety to all the unseen rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. 11 This was his eternal plan, which he carried out through Christ Jesus our Lord."

God always knew what He was going to do, from beginning to end. And why? We are on display to the unseen Rulers and Authorities of the Heavenly Realms. We are currently a demonstration of God's Almighty Power.

That's pretty incredible, isn't it?!
It was not His purpose for man to be born of flesh

It was not His purpose for man to be born of flesh

I'm curious . . . how do you address Ephesians 3:10-11? So far, you've ignored not only the passage in your own reading time, but you're also ignoring it here, right in front of "everyone." Are you sure that's the path to take?

Can't do that ,as we ALL are not chosen ,it's like that's the difference in freewill ,the Elect don't have it ,they were already justified . Imagine standing before God and asking Him why didn't He interfere with me as you did with them , God is fair . A full 1/3 of God's children followed satan during the overthrow attempt,. At that point in time God could had and would had been just in killing satan and all those that followed him ,but in His mercy He came up with a plan, us being born of women with no remembrance of that age
A couple of comments on the above...

1. You comment that we are not all chosen. Right. Do I sound like a universalist to you?
WE ARE ALL CHOSEN....all the saved - as by you, have all been chosen.

I asked for a couple of verses that state this.

2. You say the elect do not have free will.
Then why do we all sin, even after being "chosen"?

And you of the reformed faith love to state how God is fair.
Could you please explain how ANYONE, let alone God, the creator of MORALITY,
could see 3 people drowning,
save only 1,
and then say he did it out of fairness.

And please remember to show us, biblically, how God does the choosing in salvation economy.

Thanks.

Ephesians 3:10-11 NLT - "God's purpose in all this was to use the church to display his wisdom in its rich variety to all the unseen rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. 11 This was his eternal plan, which he carried out through Christ Jesus our Lord."

God always knew what He was going to do, from beginning to end. And why? We are on display to the unseen Rulers and Authorities of the Heavenly Realms. We are currently a demonstration of God's Almighty Power.

What's the problem with

Ephesians 3:10-11
10God’s purpose in all this was to use the church to display his wisdom in its rich variety to all the unseen rulers and authorities in the heavenly places.
11This was his eternal plan, which he carried out through Christ Jesus our Lord.

God had a plan from the beginning.
This plan would be carried out through Jesus Christ.
It was a plan not easy to understand...
See Ephesians 3:3-5
3As I briefly wrote earlier, God himself revealed his mysterious plan to me.
4As you read what I have written, you will understand my insight into this plan regarding Christ.
5God did not reveal it to previous generations, but now by his Spirit he has revealed it to his holy apostles and prophets.

The plan was to allow Gentiles into the salvation plan of God.
Ephesians 3:6

A couple of comments on the above...

1. You comment that we are not all chosen. Right. Do I sound like a universalist to you?
WE ARE ALL CHOSEN....all the saved - as by you, have all been chosen.

I asked for a couple of verses that state this.

2. You say the elect do not have free will.
Then why do we all sin, even after being "chosen"?

And you of the reformed faith love to state how God is fair.
Could you please explain how ANYONE, let alone God, the creator of MORALITY,
could see 3 people drowning,
save only 1,
and then say he did it out of fairness.

And please remember to show us, biblically, how God does the choosing in salvation economy.

Thanks.
1. I really don't care what you sound like and all those whom are saved and or became saved are NOT chosen .

Dude on the cross beside Christ ,wasn't chosen , but he chose at that time to believe and he was saved .

2. Didn't say they Elect did not sin, as all have sinned and come short. Paul would be the best example I could give you of free will versus God's interceding . He ,Paul was already justified before he was even born of women.

2a Before I answer the drowning question , do you understand the Heaven and earth age before the one we are in now?

Last edited:
'God's plan of salvation is for everyone. Jesus died for the 'whomsoever', including the thief on the cross and Adam and Eve. Just do not "Adam and Eve it."

1. I really don't care what you sound like and all those whom are saved and or became saved are NOT chosen .

Dude on the cross beside Christ ,wasn't chosen , but he chose at that time to believe and he was saved .

2. Didn't say they Elect did not sin, as all have sinned and come short. Paul would be the best example I could give you of free will versus God's interceding . He ,Paul was already justified before he was even born of women.

2a Before I answer the drowning question , do you understand the Heaven and earth age before the one we are in now?
Justified means made right with God.
You say Paul was justified before he was born.
So, he was justified, made right with God, all the time he was murdering Christians?

I'd answer your question 2a but I don't really know what you're asking.
The heaven age: Do you mean before man was created?
The earth age: No idea...

Justified means made right with God.
You say Paul was justified before he was born.
So, he was justified, made right with God, all the time he was murdering Christians?
justified is correct

where did or how does any one come to the conclusion justified before birth? i have read a lot stuff but this is crazy

justified is correct

where did or how does any one come to the conclusion justified before birth? i have read a lot stuff but this is crazy

Not so crazy at all:

Exodus 33:19 NKJV - "Then He said, "I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

Psalm 22:9-10 NKJV - "But You are He who took Me out of the womb; You made Me trust [while] on My mother's breasts. I was cast upon You from birth. From My mother's womb You have been My God."

Luke 1:15 NKJV - "For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb."

The question is who wants to volunteer to be a participant or not?

Not so crazy at all:

Exodus 33:19 NKJV - "Then He said, "I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

Psalm 22:9-10 NKJV - "But You are He who took Me out of the womb; You made Me trust [while] on My mother's breasts. I was cast upon You from birth. From My mother's womb You have been My God."

Luke 1:15 NKJV - "For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb."
Luk 1:15-16 KJV For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb. And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

This is the angel of the Lord talking to Zacharias about the birth of John the Baptist.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Psa 22:9-10 KJV But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts. I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.

This is David remembering God's goodness to him. Thou hast made me; and hast guided and defended me from my earliest infancy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exo 33:19 KJV And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

This is the Lord speaking to Moses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I cannot see justification here.

Last edited:
Luk 1:15-16 KJV For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb. And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

This is the angel of the Lord talking to Zacharias about the birth of John the Baptist.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Psa 22:9-10 KJV But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts. I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.

This is about Jesus remembering his life on earth in the Old Testament. Amazing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exo 33:19 KJV And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

This is the Lord speaking to Moses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I cannot see justification here.

I hear what you're saying. However, and I'm hoping that God has taught me these things through His Spirit, but no one receives the Indwelling Holy Spirit without first being Purified by Christ of the Adamic Curse. No one can receive the Indwelling Holy Spirit without first being Justified.

I hear what you're saying. However, and I'm hoping that God has taught me these things through His Spirit, but no one receives the Indwelling Holy Spirit without first being Purified by Christ of the Adamic Curse. No one can receive the Indwelling Holy Spirit without first being Justified.
This comes after we have surrendered our life to God and washed in the blood of the lamb.

That second sentence is what we doubt. There are a number of reasons to doubt what you wrote, not the least of which is it doesn’t match scripture but requires you to embellish adding to what the writer actually said. That God chose a few from conception doesn’t say that their sin was justified before committed.

Case in point, Psalm 22 was written by David. David sinned 2x times really big in his life that I recall. Both times he was severely punished. Why if he was forgiven in utero? Why did God never tell a single individual that their future suns are already forgiven if this is do as you believe?

Back