Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
2bf

Do you understand my point in post 497 ? Please explain what I am saying whether you agree with it or not !

well, I thought I did, but maybe not.

You seem to be saying that All will not be saved by His Life, only those who have received Him here and now, or those that were chosen to receive His life. and to say that all will be saved according to Heb. is a perversion of scripture. Is that right?

If that is what your saying then I agree, not all will be saved by His Life, because it is only by His Life that we are saved (delivered daily), I'm trying to think of another way of describing what I think your trying to convey,.......Maybe, "appropriate His Life in theirs" ahhhh, "come into covenant relationship with Him", so that they can be saved by His Life? If this is what you mean then yes I fully agree, but, ..........I also believe in the Salvation of All, eventually, whether here or after the death of the body, because the scriptures declare that All will be made subject to Him, eventually. Just not in their lifetime here on earth. But again this is not according to man's will, but God, and His Will, His Choosing. I do not believe in the Free will doctrine.

..........I also believe in the Salvation of All, eventually

Yes, thats a lie ! And it is one God has caused you to believe, so I really see no hope for you to be delivered from it !
2 Thess 2:10-13

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Its obvious you do not believe in the Gospel Doctrine of God's Elect and Particular Atonement since you believe all will be saved eventually ! ...

Tasted death for every man ! Cont

Fourthly,If Christ tasted death for everyman without exception, then quite frankly, every man without exception shall be saved by His Life, for this is true because scripture says those whom Christ died in behalf of, were, even while being enemies, reconciled to God, and how ? By the Death [tasting Death for them] of His Son Rom 5:10
Unless He gave mankind the right to reject the salvation He has offered them .

John O

Acts 7:51

51 “You stiff-necked people! Your hearts and ears are still uncircumcised. You are just like your ancestors: You always resist the Holy Spirit!

The proud, self exalting freewill believers, do think that this verse supports The God Hating views that man, by his powerful freewill doth resist the Holy Spirits work of New Birth or Regeneration, but the verse teaches no such abomination. Stephen here recognizes that he is preaching to those who are dead in sin, those who are void of any Life of God in them, for those he knows that have not been born again, like those Peter spoke to in Acts 2. Those who have been born again, they are provided with a circumcised heart and ears by the New Covenant Blessings through Christ's Blood. and that they were not True Jews according to God's Standard which is Rom 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Notice, Stephen calls them uncircumcised heart ! How does one become circumcised of heart ? It was a Promise that God gave to a certain seed ! Deut 30:6

And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

So the resisting in the text is not a resistance of New Birth, but a resisting of the word of God, its truth as it is Preached, and reveals the enmity of the heart of the natural man against it, who opposes its sacred doctrines. New Birth takes place in the inward man, and man has no power to resist a New Birth, he is totally passive therein, and its like he had no power to resist his natural birth, which also is according to the purpose of God Ecclesiastes3:1-2, and man's will is not relevant in either case, but only God's Will James 1:18

18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.NIV

savedbygrace57
Once again we continue to split hairs over the definition of saved by faith. We agree that only Christ can save us and He alone provides salvation for us. The point of difference seems to be that if Christ makes Himself known us He alone decides if we will be saved as opposed to that all who respond to His salvation call will be saved.

You call our response "work" when my any reasonable definition it can not be called work because we did not initiate the contact with God He did! It is our only sensible option to respond to that grace.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

This verse above is either true or God's word is not true and therefore why should we follow Him. So my questions to you is this verse correct? If not why not, and if it is what does it mean for us today?

John O

2 Pet 3:9

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Another scripture that the man of sin followers, those who wrest scripture to their own destruction, like to employ to teach the great lie, that God Loves all mankind without exception and desires them to come to Repentance so they won't perish. Now that this is not the proper sense is seen in the fact that Peter had just wrote in the same letter Chapter 2:12

12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

That there were false teachers, according to God's Purpose were made or born to be taken and to be destroyed ! 2 Pet 2:12, so why would God be patiently waiting them to Repent unto life ?

johno

Yes, you admit that one is not saved by the death of Christ alone in and of itself, but that they are saved by their response. I explained that here in post 152 !

No only saved by the death of Christ alone my response is acknowledgement of that not replacement to it.

John O

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Another scripture that the man of sin followers, those who wrest scripture to their own destruction, like to employ to teach the great lie, that God Loves all mankind without exception and desires them to come to Repentance so they won't perish. Now that this is not the proper sense is seen in the fact that Peter had just wrote in the same letter Chapter 2:12

Is this scripture the word of God or not. If it is the word of God why will you not consider what it says?

John O

Is this scripture the word of God or not. If it is the word of God why will you not consider what it says?

John O

First, man must accept the CONDITIONS from God to receive the Holy Spirit! Acts 5:32

Then they.. and ONLY THEN are they to be seen as Rom. 8:1 with NO CONDEMNATION'S [[STARTING POINT!]] (got that?) Then to answer your question we see further on God [[DOCUMENTS]] that we are to be LED OF THE HOLY SPIRIT! Ibid 14. (again, that is the requirement to STAY 'IN CHRIST!')

OK: Most have not Been Born Again!! Got that?? A CLAIM means NOTHING!! The start is a CONDITIONAL REQUIREMENT. SO??????? 'Spiritual Things Are ONLY Spiritually **DECERNED!' All of the Rev. 17:1-5 ones are still carnal or have gone past the place where the Holy Spirit has been Quenched or Grieved AWAY as seen in Heb. 6:6 & 2 Peter 2:19-22.

Surely that answers your question?? Very sad, but True!:sad The longer one wait's the harder it is for the Holy Spirit to reach 'them'.

---Elijah

No only saved by the death of Christ alone my response is acknowledgement of that not replacement to it.

John O

Yes, you deny that Christ's Death in and of itself saves anyone, you contribute getting saved to mans action, responding ! responding is your saviour not the death of Christ. You promote salvation by works,not by Grace, which is contrary to scripture ! Eph 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Secondly, Why would God be patiently waiting for all men without exception to repent, when many men are being reserved for Judgment 2 Pet 2:9

9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Reserve the unjust, those Christ did not die for, unto the day of judgment to be punished !

The book of Job speaks to this also Job 21:30

That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

First, man must accept the CONDITIONS from God to receive the Holy Spirit! Acts 5:32

Then they.. and ONLY THEN are they to be seen as Rom. 8:1 with NO CONDEMNATION'S [[STARTING POINT!]] (got that?) Then to answer your question we see further on God [[DOCUMENTS]] that we are to be LED OF THE HOLY SPIRIT! Ibid 14. (again, that is the requirement to STAY 'IN CHRIST!')

OK: Most have not Been Born Again!! Got that?? A CLAIM means NOTHING!! The start is a CONDITIONAL REQUIREMENT. SO??????? 'Spiritual Things Are ONLY Spiritually **DECERNED!' All of the Rev. 17:1-5 ones are still carnal or have gone past the place where the Holy Spirit has been Quenched or Grieved AWAY as seen in Heb. 6:6 & 2 Peter 2:19-22.

Surely that answers your question?? Very sad, but True!:sad The longer one wait's the harder it is for the Holy Spirit to reach 'them'.

---Elijah

Your reply is ridiculous you simply take want what you want out of what we write and ignore everything else. Salvation is available by faith through Christ and His death paid the price which enables us to be reconciled to Him.

So at no stage have I claimed anything else but that is not enough for you.

John O

Secondly, Why would God be patiently waiting for all men without exception to repent, when many men are being reserved for Judgment 2 Pet 2:9

9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Reserve the unjust, those Christ did not die for, unto the day of judgment to be punished !

That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

You pervert the word of God for your own personal glory to be the expert but rest assured I will continue to challenge you post by post.

John O

Who are you to question the love of God that He would indeed wait patiently for all that they might be saved. This takes nothing away from the condemnation that those who reject the salvation of Christ receive.

John O

Yes, you deny that Christ's Death in and of itself saves anyone, you contribute getting saved to mans action, responding ! responding is your saviour not the death of Christ. You promote salvation by works,not by Grace, which is contrary to scripture ! Eph 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

You continually twist my words. Salvation is by faith only in Christ not works but then you have stayed at point and seek continually drag the conversation back to this point as if there is nothing beyond what is only the starting point of our life in eternity.

John O

john

Salvation is by faith only in Christ not works

You said man must respond before he gets saved. If that is True, then you teach salvation by your works !

You pervert the word of God for your own personal glory to be the expert but rest assured I will continue to challenge you post by post.

John O

You better go help your god who has unfilled desires !

Those who believe and teach that Christ's Blood does not save all for whom He shed it for, they deny the Truth of the Testimony of these Rev 5:9-10

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

None of these singing this New Song, would ever state that Christ's Blood failed to Redeem unto God everyone it was shed in behalf of, out of every kindred, tongue and people and nation !

And their witness would be and is a Testimony against all who Teach that Christ dishonoring doctrine !

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back