Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Gardening

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Peace,

Where do you live? I have learned that snow country is very fertile.

Is your house protected by govenment because it is so old?

I can't say that I like to garden, but I can say that I just put another one in and you can't beat fresh vegies 8-) LOL

We actually have two gardens. One is called the Garden of Weeden and is about 10 foot by 15 foot. We have our stawberries, blueberries, blackberries, asparagas and our newest addition of two grape vines.

Our second garden is about 20 feet by 30 feet. That's the monster and last year we brought in three trailer loads of horse dung and tilled it in.

Sunday we planted peppers, zuckenie, an assortment of squash, corn, carrots, radish's, tomatoes and other green stuff that we'll have to weed around :wink:

Like yourself Peace4all, we live on an old farm. I think our house was built in like 1894 or thereabouts. We've got about 2 foot of top soil because the they used to raise pigs and cattle on the property so the soil is pretty rich and things grow pretty good. But the grass... ohh goodness the grass... we got a small tiller to just till the grass out of the garden because we just can't get rid of the grass!!

BTW, we also have two apple trees, two pear trees, a plum tree and the peach tree. Ummm yum yum!

Ohh, Peace4all, you might think this is cool! Right now, I'm sitting in a plane in Atlanta Georgia waiting for take off using my Sprint EVDO card! :-D How cool is that? I wish I could use in in flight!

gingercat said:
Peace,

Where do you live? I have learned that snow country is very fertile.

Is your house protected by govenment because it is so old?

I live in upstate newyork actually :)

and, sadly, no, my house isn't protected, We tried to, but the guy across the street (he lives in teh original farm hosue from i believe 1840) has a barn, and the original pond and winecellar still, so, they decided to make his the historic protected one (plus, a room in ours burnt down in 1920)

It is pretty fertile up here. I mean, 15 mins down the road are corn fields so, somethings got to be good :)

I have a very large vegetable garden and many flowers. We live off our garden during the winter months. It is long hot work, but well worth it.

How can anyone doubt the power of God and raise a garden?

Wow!

I am impressed! You have just one kind? what are they? they are so beautiful!

It also seems expensive.

They are pitcher plants. They come from North America and for me the most beautiful plants one can grow.. They sell in the UK from $6 to $20 a plant..

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back