Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Genealogy of Christ

[b said:
andy153][/b]Hello all,

this is my first post on this forum so be gentle with me :P

I would be grateful to here your views on why there appears to be differences in the genealogies in Matthew and Luke. If they are indeed intended as genealogical records.

with love and respect, andy153 :D

Just wanted to let the forum see how quickly a 50 post person can change! From.. 'With love and respect to 'seek help man your crazy!' :wink:
---John

Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:07 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

andy153 wrote:
seek help man your crazy!

Andy153

Thanks!
(just a passing note, see how many hits this 'thread' has gotten?)
Phil. 4:13 & 2 Cor. 12:9 for our provisions on earth, thank you Master!

Ok I apologize, you are clearly not crazy. :o

with love and respect, Andy153

andy153 said:
Ok I apologize, you are clearly not crazy. :o

with love and respect, Andy153

John here:
I moved my reply over to the Matthew 4:4 thread. :fadein:

andy153 said:
Hello all,

this is my first post on this forum so be gentle with me :P

I would be grateful to here your views on why there appears to be differences in the genealogies in Matthew and Luke. If they are indeed intended as genealogical records.

with love and respect, andy153 :D

John here again. :fadein: Back to the Thread Topic. (and question)

In Titus 3:9 the King James says it this way:
"But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; [for they are vain]."

I guess that I am asking about this Inspiration above? Is this what we are to be doing, or am I seeing it wrong? I see it as not a foolish question as long as it does not continue on & on! And the verses continue on with a once or twice admonition???

Back