Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Heaven?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I think part of the problem is that "heaven" should be defined first. Just what is meant by "heaven"?

My point was simply my question. Why do Christians teach that they go to heaven when they die. That idea is not stated in the Scriptures. Many have inferred that by imposing the idea on the text rather than letting the Scriptures speak for themselves. I think it's becoming clear from the mulititude of passages posted by Mitspa. Of all the passages he's posted so far not one of them states that a Christian goes to heaven when he dies.

That's not good enough. it's one thing to ask the question, but to not state you position, then defend it, is not an acceptable theological argument.

I need you to state what you think happens when a Christian dies. where do they go. You tell us what the bible says then others can say what they read in the bible and everyone can defend their position. what is you theological position on heaven and the afterlife?

That's not good enough. it's one thing to ask the question, but to not state you position, then defend it, is not an acceptable theological argument.

I need you to state what you think happens when a Christian dies. where do they go. You tell us what the bible says then others can say what they read in the bible and everyone can defend their position. what is you theological position on heaven and the afterlife?

Danus,

That is not what I was attempting to do. I was not looking to discuss the afterlife, but rather where Christians got the teaching that a man goes to heaven when he dies. As I said, there is nothing in Scripture that states this.

My position on the afterlife is that all souls go to Hades to await the resurrection at which time the just are resurrected to reign with Christ on the earth for 1000 years. At the end of this time the rest will be raised and judged. Man will remain on a renewed earth for eternity. However, as I said this is not what I wanted to discuss.

Danus,

That is not what I was attempting to do. I was not looking to discuss the afterlife, but rather where Christians got the teaching that a man goes to heaven when he dies. As I said, there is nothing in Scripture that states this.

My position on the afterlife is that all souls go to Hades to await the resurrection at which time the just are resurrected to reign with Christ on the earth for 1000 years. At the end of this time the rest will be raised and judged. Man will remain on a renewed earth for eternity. However, as I said this is not what I wanted to discuss.

OK, well it would be appreciated if you would have stated that more in your opening post. That way others know exactly where your coming from, and what your defending.

As it is, it looks like your asking about heaven with no preconceived notions. When others try to answer that I think they might feel a little jumped because you do have a position your trying to defend but it seems like your hiding that.

This is too important of a topic to kick around. Many people have been attracted to Christianity and are seeking the Lord for this very reason, the after life. People have lost love ones and struggle deeply with this topic. I'm asking that we be more sensitive. Please state your position, in your OP. Say what you believe so that others can clearly know what that is and engage the subject as honestly as possible. Can you go back and edit that OP please? Make it a little cleaner? Otherwise this thread is going to deteriorate into confusion as you see it has to some degree.

What I meant in the original question was the place that Christians give as the abode of God.
Of course but just where is this abode of God? Some seem to think it is some place "out there," beyond Earth.

OK, well it would be appreciated if you would have stated that more in your opening post. That way others know exactly where your coming from, and what your defending.

As it is, it looks like your asking about heaven with no preconceived notions. When others try to answer that I think they might feel a little jumped because you do have a position your trying to defend but it seems like your hiding that.

This is too important of a topic to kick around. Many people have been attracted to Christianity and are seeking the Lord for this very reason, the after life. People have lost love ones and struggle deeply with this topic. I'm asking that we be more sensitive. Please state your position, in your OP. Say what you believe so that others can clearly know what that is and engage the subject as honestly as possible. Can you go back and edit that OP please? Make it a little cleaner? Otherwise this thread is going to deteriorate into confusion as you see it has to some degree.

How about we just close thread since it will go astray if I presenst a position. The position will become the focus of the OP rather than the question in the OP

How about we just close thread since it will go astray if I presenst a position. The position will become the focus of the OP rather than the question in the OP

Yea! i bet you would have a hard time defending that position!:) hades:toofunny

Matthew 8:11 HCSB

11 I tell you that many will come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

But I'm of the belief that we go to paradise at death and all await to enter heaven at the same time as I believe is stated here:
Hebrews 11:39-40 HCSB

All these were approved through their faith, but they did not receive what was promised, 40 since God had provided something better for us, so that they would not be made perfect without us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Since you seemed to be blatantly avoiding your part in this discussion by stating your position, I've honored this request. In future discussions, I suggest you be forthcoming in your position, especially when asked repeatedly for it.

Back